LISTENING PARTY!!!!!!!!

thesweetscience

Tonight's show will be the beginning of a contest, but you have to listen!

CONTEST INFO:

At some point in my show tonight, I will say the word "contest" and then a one-digit number. Write that number down.

After my show, look for the one issue of Life Magazine in the 50's that contains a picture of a ring in an ad on page 64. Write down the third number that appears in that ad.

Then fly into Ivato International Airport in Antanarivo, which is the captial of Madagascar, located in the Indian Ocean off the southeastern coast of Africa. Go to the Air France booth and ask for Manny. He only works every other week-end, so you might want to call ahead before booking your flight unless you want to spend some time in Madagascar which is lovely this time of year. When you meet him, hug him very intensely in a vice-like grip. At first he will try to shake you off, but after about 15 seconds he will realize that you are a contestant and will relax and embrace you like a brother or sister. Yell in his left ear very loudly, "I THINK YOU HAVE SOMETHING FOR ME, MANNY!" He will ask for the password, and then you must quack like a duck for 15 minutes while walking like an Egyptian from The Bangles video "Walk Like An Egyptian." He will then present you with a number.

Put all three numbers together (in the order you obtained them) and fly immediately to the Sydney airport in Australia, making sure you give the flight information to Manny. I will be waiting for you in Sydney near one of the Quantas gates. I will be holding a small yellow balloon shaped like a fish so you'll be able to find me. Don't worry, I WILL be there because Manny will have tipped me off. I will ask you for the numbers, and if they are correct, I will present you with a key and a 4-digit number.

This 4-digit number represents a locker number in Grand Central Station in New York City. Use that key and open the locker. Inside will be the prize - $850 in cold hard cash and a $100 gift certificate to Starbucks!!! Good luck everyone!

Edited by rushgoober

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 7 2008, 11:23 AM)

CONTEST INFO:

At some point in my show tonight, I will say the word "contest" and then a one-digit number. Write that number down.

After my show, look for the one issue of Life Magazine in the 50's that contains a picture of a ring in an ad on page 64. Write down the third number that appears in that ad.

Then fly into Ivato International Airport in Antanarivo, which is the captial of Madagascar, located in the Indian Ocean off the southeastern coast of Africa. Go to the Air France booth and ask for Manny. He only works every other week-end, so you might want to call ahead before booking your flight unless you want to spend some time in Madagascar which is lovely this time of year. When you meet him, hug him very intensely in a vice-like grip. At first he will try to shake you off, but after about 15 seconds he will realize that you are a contestant and will relax and embrace you like a brother or sister. Yell in his left ear very loudly, "I THINK YOU HAVE SOMETHING FOR ME, MANNY!" He will ask for the password, and then you must quack like a duck for 15 minutes while walking like an Egyptian from The Bangles video "Walk Like An Egyptian." He will then present you with a number.

Put all three numbers together (in the order you obtained them) and fly immediately to the Sydney airport in Australia, making sure you give the flight information to Manny. I will be waiting for you in Sydney near one of the Quantas gates. I will be holding a small yellow balloon shaped like a fish so you'll be able to find me. Don't worry, I WILL be there because Manny will have tipped me off. I will ask you for the numbers, and if they are correct, I will present you with a key and a 4-digit number.

This 4-digit number represents a locker number in Grand Central Station in New York City. Use that key and open the locker. Inside will be the prize - $850 in cold hard cash and a $100 gift certificate to Starbucks!!! Good luck everyone!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Sorry Gary that I'm working til the end of your show. Yesterday was my only day off this week. Give me a hout-out and a happy birthday please!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 7 2008, 10:23 AM)

CONTEST INFO:

Geez Gary, are you trotting out that same tired game again?

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Aug 7 2008, 10:00 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 7 2008, 10:23 AM)

CONTEST INFO:

At some point in my show tonight, I will say the word "contest" and then a one-digit number.  Write that number down.

After my show, look for the one issue of Life Magazine in the 50's that contains a picture of a ring in an ad on page 64.  Write down the third number that appears in that ad. 

Then fly into Ivato International Airport in Antanarivo, which is the captial of Madagascar, located in the Indian Ocean off the southeastern coast of Africa.  Go to the Air France booth and ask for Manny.  He only works every other week-end, so you might want to call ahead before booking your flight unless you want to spend some time in Madagascar which is lovely this time of year.  When you meet him, hug him very intensely in a vice-like grip.  At first he will try to shake you off, but after about 15 seconds he will realize that you are a contestant and will relax and embrace you like a brother or sister.  Yell in his left ear very loudly, "I THINK YOU HAVE SOMETHING FOR ME, MANNY!"  He will ask for the password, and then you must quack like a duck for 15 minutes while walking like an Egyptian from The Bangles video "Walk Like An Egyptian."  He will then present you with a number. 

Put all three numbers together (in the order you obtained them) and fly immediately to the Sydney airport in Australia, making sure you give the flight information to Manny.  I will be waiting for you in Sydney near one of the Quantas gates.  I will be holding a small yellow balloon shaped like a fish so you'll be able to find me.  Don't worry, I WILL be there because Manny will have tipped me off.  I will ask you for the numbers, and if they are correct, I will present you with a key and a 4-digit number. 

This 4-digit number represents a locker number in Grand Central Station in New York City.  Use that key and open the locker.  Inside will be the prize - $850 in cold hard cash and a $100 gift certificate to Starbucks!!!  Good luck everyone!

Geez Gary, are you trotting out that same tired game again?

This is only the 9th time I've offered this contest. sarcasm.gif

When I get to an even dozen, then you can accuse me of repeating myself. Sheesh! wacko.gif pokey.gif comp26.gif confused13.gif eh.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 7 2008, 08:23 AM)

CONTEST INFO:

Are you sure you haven't done drugs in 20 years?

ARE YOU SURE!? laugh.gif unsure.gif

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 7 2008, 10:29 AM)

CONTEST INFO:

At some point in my show tonight, I will say the word "contest" and then a one-digit number.  Write that number down.

After my show, look for the one issue of Life Magazine in the 50's that contains a picture of a ring in an ad on page 64.  Write down the third number that appears in that ad. 

Then fly into Ivato International Airport in Antanarivo, which is the captial of Madagascar, located in the Indian Ocean off the southeastern coast of Africa.  Go to the Air France booth and ask for Manny.  He only works every other week-end, so you might want to call ahead before booking your flight unless you want to spend some time in Madagascar which is lovely this time of year.  When you meet him, hug him very intensely in a vice-like grip.  At first he will try to shake you off, but after about 15 seconds he will realize that you are a contestant and will relax and embrace you like a brother or sister.  Yell in his left ear very loudly, "I THINK YOU HAVE SOMETHING FOR ME, MANNY!"  He will ask for the password, and then you must quack like a duck for 15 minutes while walking like an Egyptian from The Bangles video "Walk Like An Egyptian."  He will then present you with a number. 

Put all three numbers together (in the order you obtained them) and fly immediately to the Sydney airport in Australia, making sure you give the flight information to Manny.  I will be waiting for you in Sydney near one of the Quantas gates.  I will be holding a small yellow balloon shaped like a fish so you'll be able to find me.  Don't worry, I WILL be there because Manny will have tipped me off.  I will ask you for the numbers, and if they are correct, I will present you with a key and a 4-digit number. 

This 4-digit number represents a locker number in Grand Central Station in New York City.  Use that key and open the locker.  Inside will be the prize - $850 in cold hard cash and a $100 gift certificate to Starbucks!!!  Good luck everyone!

z7shysterical.gif

yes.gif I'm sure.

unsure.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 7 2008, 12:41 PM)
QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 7 2008, 10:29 AM)

CONTEST INFO:

z7shysterical.gif

yes.gif I'm sure.

unsure.gif

See you tonight.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Aug 7 2008, 01:23 PM)
Sorry goobs. I don't know if I'll be able to make it tonight. sad.gif
Good luck though and have a good show. I'm so bummed I'm going to miss out on that fantastic contest.

dude, you know NO one will give you the number cause they want to win the prize themselves. you can listen to the archived version of the show, but by then people will already be on their way to or in madagascar trying to win, so it'll be way to late. tongue.gif

sorry you can't make it, bro sad.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Aug 7 2008, 01:35 PM)
HEY GOOBS! My flight just landed! I'm already IN Madagascar! Ima gonna win damnit! tongue.gif

Did you already find the number from the correct issue of Life Magazine from the 50's? Without that, you're not gonna get very far. no.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 7 2008, 04:37 PM)
HEY GOOBS! My flight just landed! I'm already IN Madagascar! Ima gonna win damnit! tongue.gif

Did you already find the number from the correct issue of Life Magazine from the 50's? Without that, you're not gonna get very far. no.gif

f**k now i gotta come back rage.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Aug 7 2008, 01:42 PM)

you can probably buy the old life magazines on ebay and have them shipped to you, but they'll prolly take a long time to get to madagascar, and the shipping is gonna be a bitch. yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 7 2008, 05:03 PM)

you can probably buy the old life magazines on ebay and have them shipped to you, but they'll prolly take a long time to get to madagascar, and the shipping is gonna be a bitch. yes.gif

I KNOW THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!! *runs off to NYC* cool.gif

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Aug 7 2008, 02:07 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 7 2008, 05:03 PM)

I KNOW THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!! *runs off to NYC* cool.gif

sarcasm.gif

Dude, you don't even have the key or know which locker it is.