ALD

Afterimage71

I promoted your site nearly two years ago here. I don't think anyone liked the ALD thing. laugh.gif

I understand it though. And it's soooo true. yes.gif

Your site ROCKS by the way. I haven't been there in awhile but has Karl Logan, of ManoWar, been added to the profiles? If not... he should be. yes.gif

QUOTE (Afterimage71 @ Dec 28 2006, 11:19 AM)
I`m sorry It`s not my site...just something I found and thought it was quiet funny...I must have done something wrong when inserting the link or something....

oops.gif beathorse.gif scared.gif blush4.gif

ahhhh.

bd.gif

I thought you were the guy who ran the site and was trying to promote yourself.

But the gist of the profile on Alex is dead on. He has totally lost his GUITAR GOD balls. yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 28 2006, 11:21 AM)
QUOTE (Afterimage71 @ Dec 28 2006, 11:19 AM)
I`m sorry It`s not my site...just something I found and thought it was quiet funny...I must have done something wrong when inserting the link or something....

oops.gif  beathorse.gif  scared.gif  blush4.gif

ahhhh.

bd.gif

I thought you were the guy who ran the site and was trying to promote yourself.

But the gist of the profile on Alex is dead on. He has totally lost his GUITAR GOD balls. yes.gif

No no no....I fixed it, don`t shoot me wacko.gif laugh.gif

Poor poor Alex nobody appreciate his greatness...Well I love the guy but It`s still funny and yeah maybe true from one point of view...

QUOTE (The O' Sullivan Factor @ Dec 28 2006, 01:50 PM)
Come to think of it the solos on "Kid Gloves" and "The Body Electric" are among his finest.

The solo on "Cut To The Chase" seems to rip pretty well, too. That solo has some balls, I'd say. Plus, on recent tours he's playing with a nice big stack of amps again. VT didn't have much in the way of solos, but he has his balls back.

QUOTE (Mark @ Dec 28 2006, 11:16 AM)
QUOTE (Afterimage71 @ Dec 28 2006, 10:46 AM)
http://www.dinosaurrockguitar.com/bios/ALDalex.jpg

sad.gif

I used to own that same amp.... unsure.gif

I bought it because I read he was using GK amps. It was a great amp.

Anyway, anyone who seriously thinks Alex became a pussy during this period or an accompanist is dead wrong. The statement that his solos sucked after Signals is just plain wrong. Listen to songs on GUP like Kid Gloves or Between the Wheels or the solo in The Big Money and get back to me. Those solos are some of the most badass and smartest he has ever played.

Times change. Rush changed with the times. Alex changed during that time too but still deserves the credit as the best guitarist ever. Besides, as 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said, his solos on albums like Counterparts and TFE freakin rip!!! Long live King Alex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 28 2006, 02:34 PM)
QUOTE (The O' Sullivan Factor @ Dec 28 2006, 01:50 PM)
Come to think of it the solos on "Kid Gloves" and "The Body Electric" are among his finest.

The solo on "Cut To The Chase" seems to rip pretty well, too. That solo has some balls, I'd say. Plus, on recent tours he's playing with a nice big stack of amps again. VT didn't have much in the way of solos, but he has his balls back.

Agreed...

cool.gif

If the solo on Marathon does not qualify for Guitar God status, then I am putting down my guitar for good. That damn solo gives me the chills every time! Never gets old! I do, however, agree that he was more laid back starting with Power Windows, but it's still good stuff. Led Zeppliny guitar just wouldn't sound right over Mystic Rythms or Manhattan Project. I guess. wink.gif

Of course all of his solos and parts are really spot on, I think what the guy was getting at was that he stopped being a guitar hero in the sense of "Fast Solos+Power Chord riffs" with the occasional neat chord tucked in there. And to the guy who said we need a sense of humor, isn't the reaction in this forum funny enough?

Archived