Tv Shows

Ru5h F@n

How do you feel when one of your favorite shows gets cancelled? I know I get depressed because especially if it was a real good one. If it was mediocre then I don't care too much. unsure.gif

I haven't had a favorite show in a long time. And I only watch tv for just an hour on Sunday night. When I watched more tv (some 10years ago) most of the shows that I liked turned to shit SO they were cancelled (my best example: X-Files). Good riddance.

When I was a kid some shows that were cancelled that got me upset were:

Kung-Fu (the original)

The Incredible Hulk

Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends

Dungeons and Dragons

I loved X-Files. But compared to 24 I like 24 more, of course. Not because it has Keifer in it but because it is a more driven show than X-Files was. unsure.gif

When Birds of Prey got the axe I was disappointed it was just starting to come into its own.

Same thing with Dark Angel.

Now other shows stick around too long X-Files and as much as I hate to admit it Charmed. Are two that could have been done after Four or Five seasons.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 9 2006, 03:13 AM)
I was truly bummed when "My So-Called Life" got the axe after just one season.

i loved that show too goob.... yes.gif

so many shows come and go ....

it just ain't worth it gettin upset about a tv show anymore...

ever since they let go of knots landing....*sniff* i just haven't had the same lust or love for tv anymore..... fists crying.gif

'The Tick' (the live-action version, not the cartoon) was absolutely brilliant and hilarious. I was very disappointed when it was cancelled. If you haven't ever seen it, it's available on DVD. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Batman @ Dec 9 2006, 07:17 AM)
When Birds of Prey got the axe I was disappointed it was just starting to come into its own.

Same thing with Dark Angel.

Now other shows stick around too long X-Files and as much as I hate to admit it Charmed. Are two that could have been done after Four or Five seasons.

Yeah Bats. Birds of Prey was turning the corner and becoming the show all Bat fans were gonna love. But there was too much conflict between the television writers and the comics. They could only do so much with the authority of DC comics and felt their hands were tied creatively, so they pulled the plug. Luckily DC learned from this and have allowed them to do whatever they want with Smallville. yes.gif

Dark Angel was also very good. yes.gif Mmmmmm Jessica. drool1.gif

I was pretty crushed when Star Trek - Enterprise (the most recent of the Star Trek series - the one with Scott Bakula from Quantum Leap) got cancelled.

This series was really starting to become something special, and I thought it was such a shame that it got cut, but I guess it was one Star Trek series too many...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 9 2006, 10:51 AM)
I was pretty crushed when Star Trek - Enterprise (the most recent of the Star Trek series - the one with Scott Bakula from Quantum Leap) got cancelled.

This series was really starting to become something special, and I thought it was such a shame that it got cut, but I guess it was one Star Trek series too many...

I liked it too. ohmy.gif

but it dragged a lot. there were episodes that really blew. you can't carry on a franchise like this. But I did think it was much better than Voyager. yes.gif

Looking forward to the new movie about Kirk and Spock in the acadamy. I think that could lead to a good series as well. yes.gif

http://pipetap.com/biggsandcarter/other.7.jpg

This show by Chris Carter (x-files) was one of my all-time faves. I went apeshit when they canned it before finishing the story. They had to tie all the loose ends up in an episode of X-Files and it was so watered down that it completely sucked. yes.gif

I wish Carter would take another crack at this show. Lance Henriksen was amazing in it. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jmh/highlander/hlts.gif

Another ALL TIME fave. I'm a Highlander Nut!!! yes.gif

They promised the continuation of this franchise, but the sequel to it, Highlander: The Raven, was just awful. They should have given Methos his own show. THAT would have been good.

Word has it that Adrian Paul has finally agreed to a final installment in the Highlander movie franchise and will put the legend of Duncan McCloud to rest for good. sad.gif

http://altaride.free.fr/JdR/Buffy/Images_Buffy/angel-buffy-01.jpg

Both these shows, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Angel had me very dissappointed with their cancellings.

Sarah Michelle Gellar decided to expand herself and what has she done? Scooby, and those two horror movies. Yeah... she's expanded herself tons.

I hope there will be movie versions soon. yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 9 2006, 06:51 AM)

Oh yeah I also loved Quantum Leap. That was great how Dean Stockwell and Scott Bakula had great chemistry together. He always banging his pocket computer called Ziggy. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 9 2006, 07:51 AM)
'The Tick' (the live-action version, not the cartoon) was absolutely brilliant and hilarious. I was very disappointed when it was cancelled. If you haven't ever seen it, it's available on DVD. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

I forgot about that one that was great.

trink39.gif