Donnie Darko

The Rocinante

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Nov 18 2006, 02:48 PM)
Has anyone here seen this movie? It's seriously one of the best I've ever seen

I saw it. I really need to see it again. My concentration wasn't at its best that night, so i missed out on a lot of stuff. What I remember though, I liked.

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Nov 18 2006, 10:48 AM)
Has anyone here seen this movie? It's seriously one of the best I've ever seen

I saw it. But I thought it was too science fiction for me. It was not bad for a first time watch though. unsure.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Nov 20 2006, 06:37 PM)
For those that enjoyed this movie, I highly recommend two others... Momento and Primer.

I loved Momento!

It's also weird that I stumbled upon this post after just watching Primer last night. I just got it in from Blockbuster online and I think I'll hang on to it for a while and watch it at least one more time. I thought it was very interesting and from what I've heard it was done on a VERY low budget. Cool concept but it's a lot to wrap you mind around in one viewing. I need to watch it again to figure out the timelines of the characters and make sure I'm not drinking this time. biggrin.gif

I haven't seen Donnie Darko but I will definitely check it out now.

QUOTE (bardan @ Nov 23 2006, 01:54 AM)
It's also weird that I stumbled upon this post after just watching Primer last night. I just got it in from Blockbuster online and I think I'll hang on to it for a while and watch it at least one more time. I thought it was very interesting and from what I've heard it was done on a VERY low budget. Cool concept but it's a lot to wrap you mind around in one viewing. I need to watch it again to figure out the timelines of the characters and make sure I'm not drinking this time. .

Remember, the writer/director/star of the movie has a degree in mathematics. Every single "puzzle" in the movie has the answers if you look hard enough. I will give you a clue... the whole movie from the first "bench" scene until the end is seen from the linear perspective of Abe (other than the flashback sequence, of course).

That should help.

Oh, and he did the whole movie for $7,000.00 and no, that isn't a typo.

well, i saw donnie darko last night. i have been wondering what the tune was on the 'gears of war' commercial & bardan told me it was from donnie darko & tears for fears...then that got me wondering...maybe i should watch donnie darko.

well, last night we were about 20 minutes late, but we still watched it on showtime or something! after it was over i thought 'that was kinda out there...did i miss a lot in the 1st 20 minutes.'?

can someone answer this question? should i watch it over again from the beginning?

what did everyone think about it? i know [the majority] thought it was pretty good, but kinda analzye it...why did donnie do "that"? why did "this" happen? ya know what i mean?

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Nov 20 2006, 06:37 PM)
For those that enjoyed this movie, I highly recommend two others... Momento and Primer.

Momento is an awesome movie!!

i'm not sure , but i don't think i've seen primer....

think i'm going to ave to see Darko again....

some movies you see...and at least remember if they were good...fabulous, o.k. or sucked horribly (joe VS the volcano)...and i have nothing on darko...it's been a while .....how old of a movie is it??? i think i saw it in the channel guide not long ago...and didn't think to look it up....