Joe Torre is out on his arse as New York Skipper!!

RUSHHEAD666

As I've said before, this is a good time for Joe Torre to get out. He leaves with his head high, if he is in fact out. I imagine they'll retire his number 6 and give him a good sendoff. (I was thinking that after Jeter's number 2 is retired, they will have retired all of 1-10.)

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Oct 9 2006, 11:59 AM)
Maybe the Rangers should try to get him confused13.gif

Actually, they should be trying to get Joe Girardi. I still think he did a superb job with the Marlins. (Otherwise, to repeat the Showalter pattern, they could hire Brenly. wink.gif )

Torre might want to retire. He's going to be very selective if he chooses to manage again. Never hurts to ask, of course. I've always liked how he ran the Yankees. That he lasted as long as he did in the hot seat says a lot.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Oct 9 2006, 03:46 PM)

Actually, they should be trying to get Joe Girardi. I still think he did a superb job with the Marlins. (Otherwise, to repeat the Showalter pattern, they could hire Brenly. wink.gif )

Torre might want to retire. He's going to be very selective if he chooses to manage again. Never hurts to ask, of course. I've always liked how he ran the Yankees. That he lasted as long as he did in the hot seat says a lot.

Well, If he's fired, I believe the Yankees will owe him the $7000,000 left on his contract. So forget about managing in 07. If he resigns then i guess he can manage anywhere. I may be wrong?

QUOTE (anagramking @ Oct 9 2006, 12:46 PM)

They make it to the playoffs every year (and of course they should with the amount of money they spend), so he's doing SOMEthing right. Is it really HIS fault they haven't gone all the way in awhile, or is he just the convenient scapegoat? confused13.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 9 2006, 12:20 AM)
The reports are in!!!

Joe Torre has been let go by the New York Yankees!!

LOU PINNELA IS IN!!!!!

GOOD LUCK LOU!!!!

Watch out for the ghost of Billy Martin!!! martini_shaken.gif

R.I.P.

get your facts straight before you post a thread.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 9 2006, 03:52 PM)

They make it to the playoffs every year (and of course they should with the amount of money they spend), so he's doing SOMEthing right. Is it really HIS fault they haven't gone all the way in awhile, or is he just the convenient scapegoat? confused13.gif

Regardless, it is good to see the Yankees get eliminated from the playoffs. laugh.gif

I hate the Yankees. They are the Darth Vader, the Evil Empire, of MLB. I chortle at their demise.

QUOTE (Drunk Pirate Robert @ Oct 9 2006, 06:06 PM)

Regardless, it is good to see the Yankees get eliminated from the playoffs. laugh.gif

I hate the Yankees. They are the Darth Vader, the Evil Empire, of MLB. I chortle at their demise.

Most of us are glad to see them gone. It's been said that rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for Donald Trump to win the lottery.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Oct 9 2006, 03:19 PM)
QUOTE (Drunk Pirate Robert @ Oct 9 2006, 06:06 PM)

Most of us are glad to see them gone. It's been said that rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for Donald Trump to win the lottery.

Yes indeed. Please understand that my wondering if Joe Torre deserves to be fired in no way is to indicate that I am a Yankee fan. no.gif

I was THRILLED to have the eliminated so handily in the first round. yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Oct 9 2006, 07:31 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Oct 9 2006, 04:34 PM)

the last place i go for updates on sports is TRF...unless TEST4VITTLES is posting. wacko.gif

You mean like the last time I get dating advice is from you daveytroll? confused13.gif sarcasm.gif eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 9 2006, 04:52 PM)

The manager is always the scapegoat

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 9 2006, 06:55 PM)

the last place i go for updates on sports is TRF...unless TEST4VITTLES is posting. wacko.gif

You mean like the last time I get dating advice is from you daveytroll? confused13.gif sarcasm.gif eyesre4.gif

now that is low! yes.gif what happened to daisyt? maybe that was DRUMSLUT'S name 4 me yes.gif

hmm ? hows dick vermeil davy ?

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 9 2006, 09:03 PM)

like i said: don't come here for updates! and don't make fun of dick unless you want me to burn yo ass yes.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Oct 9 2006, 09:08 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Oct 9 2006, 09:03 PM)

like i said: don't come here for updates! and don't make fun of dick unless you want me to burn yo ass yes.gif

moon.gif

burn baby burn!

unsure.gif ph34r.gif unsure.gif chickendance.gif

Archived