Any Buckethead fans in here?

treeduck

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 28 2007, 03:56 PM)
QUOTE (tangdog @ Aug 28 2007, 02:02 PM)
^^ Treeduck, Its great and a big improvement in terms of sound quality over the copy I downloaded just hours before this was announced. The version I downloaded was 24 tracks, now its 57 or something like that.

I really like it in that is funny ( at least to me ), really energetic and funky! He lays down some sick bass lines too!

Hope you get yours soon!  1022.gif

Have you downloaded Giant Robot NNT or Six String Giant from the links at TK yet?

No not yet mate, what's the story on them??

Giant Robot is out of print and its posted under the bootlegs section of the TK site.

Six string giant is there too.

per TK post about SSG:

Still don't know a lot about it other than it's an old Japanese bootleg and it's very good! ??? All tracks are apparently live, though the first 15 sound like he recorded them in his room. Very fun stuff and weird tones.

Lots of what we do know about the album can be found here.

And here's the track listing, taken directly from the album (updated with dates and places):

The Palace - Tokyo, Japan, July 8, 1992:

1. Skids Looking Where

2. End of Phantom Monk

3. When You Wish Upon a Star

4. Cattle Prod/Solo

5. Aquabot

6. Pirate's Life for Me

7. Beginning of Phantom Monk

8. I Love My Parents

9. Nosin'

10. Terminator Theme

11. Toccato and Fugue in D Minor

12. Halloween Theme

13. Unknown Theme Song

14. Interlude/Solo

15. Giant Robot

Electric Church - New York, NY, April 27, 2000:

16. Introduction

17. Jowls

18. Jump Man

19. Giant Robot/Solo/Nuntyaku

20. Pirate's Life for Me/Chicken Pickin'

21. Huge Unaccompanied Solo

22. Big Sur Moon

23. Night of the Slunk

1022.gif

Both are worth having IMO.

I don't think I can link directly to the TK site. I thought you were a member there?? or was that TDRS??

QUOTE (tangdog @ Aug 28 2007, 04:37 PM)
^^ Treeduck, Its great and a big improvement in terms of sound quality over the copy I downloaded just hours before this was announced. The version I downloaded was 24 tracks, now its 57 or something like that.

I really like it in that is funny ( at least to me ), really energetic and funky! He lays down some sick bass lines too!

Have you downloaded Giant Robot NNT or Six String Giant from the links at TK yet?

Giant Robot is out of print and its posted under the bootlegs section of the TK site.

per TK post about SSG:

Still don't know a lot about it other than it's an old Japanese bootleg and it's very good! ??? All tracks are apparently live, though the first 15 sound like he recorded them in his room. Very fun stuff and weird tones.

And here's the track listing, taken directly from the album (updated with dates and places):

1. Skids Looking Where

2. End of Phantom Monk

4. Cattle Prod/Solo

5. Aquabot

6. Pirate's Life for Me

8. I Love My Parents

9. Nosin'

10. Terminator Theme

12. Halloween Theme

13. Unknown Theme Song

14. Interlude/Solo

15. Giant Robot

16. Introduction

17. Jowls

18. Jump Man

22. Big Sur Moon

23. Night of the Slunk

1022.gif

I don't think I can link directly to the TK site. I thought you were a member there?? or was that TDRS??

Hey Tangy is there a tracklisting for The Blueprints album?

Or is that just on the regular version, or is it not on there either??

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 28 2007, 04:43 PM)

per TK post about SSG:

1. Skids Looking Where

2. End of Phantom Monk

4. Cattle Prod/Solo

5. Aquabot

6. Pirate's Life for Me

8. I Love My Parents

9. Nosin'

10. Terminator Theme

12. Halloween Theme

13. Unknown Theme Song

14. Interlude/Solo

15. Giant Robot

16. Introduction

17. Jowls

18. Jump Man

22. Big Sur Moon

23. Night of the Slunk

1022.gif

Not that I am aware. I don't think either version has a tracklisting. The downloaded version had 24 songs all with names, but i think i read that they were not official names given by Buckethead?? Not really sure. I think some of the material on blueprints was recorded later or morphed into other recorded material?

QUOTE (tangdog @ Aug 28 2007, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 28 2007, 04:43 PM)

per TK post about SSG:

1. Skids Looking Where

2. End of Phantom Monk

4. Cattle Prod/Solo

5. Aquabot

6. Pirate's Life for Me

8. I Love My Parents

9. Nosin'

10. Terminator Theme

12. Halloween Theme

13. Unknown Theme Song

14. Interlude/Solo

15. Giant Robot

16. Introduction

17. Jowls

18. Jump Man

22. Big Sur Moon

23. Night of the Slunk

1022.gif

Not that I am aware. I don't think either version has a tracklisting. The downloaded version had 24 songs all with names, but i think i read that they were not official names given by Buckethead?? Not really sure. I think some of the material on blueprints was recorded later or morphed into other recorded material?

I've seen the tracklist on wiki for it, but like you say it seems to be a fan type thing...

1. Blueprints Theme - 2:24

2. Giant Robot VS Cleopat - 6:46

3. Wonka in Slaughter Zone - 1:55

4. Gorey Head Stump & Nosin' - 1:24

5. Computer Master - 1:34

6. Chicken for Lunch - 1:30

7. Sterling Scapula - 1:35

8. Seaside - 2:51

9. Lets Go to Wally World - 4:36

10. Robot Flight - 2:20

11. Earthling Fools - 2:37

12. Guts & Eyeballs - 0:57

13. Haunted Farm - 3:11

14. The Rack & Alice in Slaughterland - 2:34

15. Skids Looking Where - 3:12

16. Buddy on a Slab & Funeral Time - 2:09

17. Decapitation - 4:18

18. Virtual Reality [2nd Version] - 1:24

19. Giant Robot Finale - 0:41

20. Robotic Chickens - 1:54

21. Intro to Bucketheadland Park [Theme] - 4:26

22. Swamp Boy Square Dance - 5:04

23. Pirate's Life for Me - 1:01

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucketheadland_Blueprints

I finally watched "SECRET RECIPE" last night.

INCREDIBLE!!!

The way he moves his hand up and down that fretboard is like watching a daddy long legs spider dance on crack rock from the planet Krypton.

Yeah baby, it's way out there. I know. Just like the great Buckethead.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 28 2007, 05:34 PM)
I finally watched "SECRET RECIPE" last night.

INCREDIBLE!!!

The way he moves his hand up and down that fretboard is like watching a daddy long legs spider dance on crack rock from the planet Krypton.

Yeah baby, it's way out there. I know. Just like the great Buckethead.

Buckethead is magic, he's from a planet 200 light years away called 666-3211 Coop, orbiting the Chicken star in the constellation of the Rooster...

Quite an apt description.

I am really digging his latest release. Lots of samples from old sci-fi films and willy wonka blended in with his sick playing.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 7 2007, 10:00 AM)

I am really digging his latest release. Lots of samples from old sci-fi films and willy wonka blended in with his sick playing.

I got my copy now too...

1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 7 2007, 12:26 PM)

I got my copy now too...

1022.gif

What do you think?? Signs of greatness to come IMO!

QUOTE (tangdog @ Sep 10 2007, 12:40 PM)

I got my copy now too...

1022.gif

I need a few more listens to really soak it in...

smile.gif cool.gif

I got my copy now too...

1022.gif

Yeah I'm enjoying this, but I'm a bit disappointed in the sound quality, even though I know the source tape was just a cheap cassette copy and not the master tape...

Even so Buckethead was doing the business even then!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 12 2007, 02:47 PM)

I got my copy now too...

1022.gif

Yeah I'm enjoying this, but I'm a bit disappointed in the sound quality, even though I know the source tape was just a cheap cassette copy and not the master tape...

Even so Buckethead was doing the business even then!!

The sound quality issue isn't bothering my now, I suppose I'm spoiled really listening to all these lushly produced albums and super enhanced remasters...

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (tangdog @ Oct 8 2006, 02:03 PM)
I had the good fortune to see Buckethead last wednesday at the Orange Peel here in Asheville.

Opening the show was "that 1 guy". Check out the myspace link below for songs and to see his instrument. That 1 guy has invented this crazy instrument. Essentially its some steel pipes with two sections each with one string. Attached to the pipes were various drum sequencers. The whole runs through some type of computer. He came out with a bow and starting playing this thing like a cello in a classical manner. Most of the time he plays the thing with his duct taped fingers but he also pounds on it with a drumstick.

Kind like a mixture of Les Claypool and Futureman.

A few songs into his set he plugs a guitar cord into a cowboy boot and played an entire song on that. Then he played Somewhere over the rainbow with a violin bow on a saw.

Anyways he was great on his own and when he played with Buckethead he defintely added a unique element to the music.

I had heard of Buckethead for years but never bought any material or saw him live.

What a mistake that was.

If you like instrumental guitar rock you must check him out.

I've seen alot of IMO amazing shows and this one ranks easily in the top 5 of all time.

First off is the unreal playing which is made a lot weirder by him wearing a mask. It was real unusual to be right in front of this guy ripping fiercely and not see any emotions or make eye contact. Buckethead did not speak during the show and none the song names were noted. He did pass out some gifts, did some real tripping robotic break dancing and then broke out the numbchucks. He also did a really cool bass solo with that 1 guy.

I thought there would not be much of crowd due to it being wednesday but the place was filled, in fact I found my 40 year ass in the middle of a mosh pit for the first time in a long time ( left the pit very quicky). The show had a carnival atmosphere and it was kinda like a heavy metal / rocky horror party scene.

I have a new favorite musician.

http://www.myspace.com/that1guy

ahahaha i saw 'that 1 guy' open for savage aural hotbed a couple years ago. HE ROCKED!!

his 'instrument' was creative to say the least.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Oct 16 2007, 09:09 AM)
Wow! I have bought all 17 discs released in the past 12 months by Buckethead. Yesterday he released 3 more!! I can't keep up with him!

1022.gif cool10.gif wacko.gif

Wow yeah I just ordered all three!!

Brian and Buckethead Kevins Noodle House

Buckethead Decoding the Tombs

Buckethead Cyborg Slunks

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 16 2007, 02:21 PM)
QUOTE (tangdog @ Oct 16 2007, 09:09 AM)
Wow! I have bought all 17 discs released in the past 12 months by Buckethead. Yesterday he released 3 more!! I can't keep up with him!

1022.gif  cool10.gif  wacko.gif

Wow yeah I just ordered all three!!

Brian and Buckethead Kevins Noodle House

Buckethead Decoding the Tombs

Buckethead Cyborg Slunks

Right on, I have not ordered them yet and am not sure if I will go for the limited edition Cyborg Slunks or not. I want to go back and buy Colma, Electric Tears and the rest of the Thanatopsis discs but its hard to go back when so much new stuff is coming out!

I passed on the paintings although they are pretty cool IMO.

QUOTE (mars_volta @ Oct 16 2007, 12:12 PM)
QUOTE (tangdog @ Oct 8 2006, 02:03 PM)
I had the good fortune to see Buckethead last wednesday at the Orange Peel here in Asheville.

Opening the show was "that 1 guy". Check out the myspace link below for songs and to see his instrument. That 1 guy has invented this crazy instrument. Essentially its some steel pipes with two sections each with one string. Attached to the pipes were various drum sequencers. The whole runs through some type of computer. He came out with a bow and starting playing this thing like a cello in a classical manner. Most of the time he plays the thing with his duct taped fingers but he also pounds on it with a drumstick.

Kind like a mixture of Les Claypool and Futureman.

A few songs into his set he plugs a guitar cord into a cowboy boot and played an entire song on that. Then he played Somewhere over the rainbow with a violin bow on a saw.

Anyways he was great on his own and when he played with Buckethead he defintely added a unique element to the music.

I had heard of Buckethead for years but never bought any material or saw him live.

What a mistake that was.

If you like instrumental guitar rock you must check him out.

I've seen alot of IMO amazing shows and this one ranks easily in the top 5 of all time.

First off is the unreal playing which is made a lot weirder by him wearing a mask. It was real unusual to be right in front of this guy ripping fiercely and not see any emotions or make eye contact. Buckethead did not speak during the show and none the song names were noted. He did pass out some gifts, did some real tripping robotic break dancing and then broke out the numbchucks. He also did a really cool bass solo with that 1 guy.

I thought there would not be much of crowd due to it being wednesday but the place was filled, in fact I found my 40 year ass in the middle of a mosh pit for the first time in a long time ( left the pit very quicky). The show had a carnival atmosphere and it was kinda like a heavy metal / rocky horror party scene.

I have a new favorite musician.

http://www.myspace.com/that1guy

ahahaha i saw 'that 1 guy' open for savage aural hotbed a couple years ago. HE ROCKED!!

his 'instrument' was creative to say the least.

Yeah, he is great. He should have his own thread!

After you posted that I went through That 1 Guys myspace included in the quote and listened to his music. Its really funny how many times Rush is mentioned in his influences! 2.gif

QUOTE (Sonilink @ Nov 15 2007, 04:53 PM)
Hmmmm
Gotta LOVE Colma!! firedevil.gif
fantastic record

Yeah that's a good one and if you like that I recommend Electric Tears, Acoustic Shards and maybe Population Override and Chicken Noodles too...

Picked up my Bucketheads today from the Post Office depot!

Cyber Slunks is great, it's like the ultimate volume of ISOT.

The great thing about this album is it has acoustic guitar shredding which is a nice twist.

track 1 - A crazy shredfest in the Big B tradition, like a track off ISOT with a little bit of Eddie's Eruption thrown in near the start... Good one.

track 2 - Is a wild acoustic melee, going from the acoustic interludes on Bucketheadland 2 (without the taxidermy vocals) to Colma to The Black Forest to Acoustic Shards and to new virgin acoustic shredding places.

track 3 - blues/funk groove session, not bad, great tone...

track 4 - Probably along with track 2 the best track on here, great mellow yet powerful tune, like a cross between Electric tears and Plastination Station

track 5 - Back to the experimental stuff, cool and interesting wacky Buckethead guitar festival, excellent. I really love the spooky scary power chords dropped in at odd intervals alongside the chill-a-minute esperimental lead breaks. Little metal guitar riff here, cool cleaner chords there, Van Halen trick here, scary Bucket chops there. This is great for Halloween even if it is too late now...

If this were volume 14 of ISOT it'd be the best volume, a great album this is better than I thought it'd be. I'm very impressed.

I've not yet listened to DTTOTB or Kevin's Noodle House, I'll get there though...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 16 2007, 04:10 PM)
Picked up my Bucketheads today from the Post Office depot!

Cyber Slunks is great, it's like the ultimate volume of ISOT.

The great thing about this album is it has acoustic guitar shredding which is a nice twist.

track 1 - A crazy shredfest in the Big B tradition, like a track off ISOT with a little bit of Eddie's Eruption thrown in near the start... Good one.

track 2 - Is a wild acoustic melee, going from the acoustic interludes on Bucketheadland 2 (without the taxidermy vocals) to Colma to The Black Forest to Acoustic Shards and to new virgin acoustic shredding places.

track 3 - blues/funk groove session, not bad, great tone...

track 4 - Probably along with track 2 the best track on here, great mellow yet powerful tune, like a cross between Electric tears and Plastination Station

track 5 - Back to the experimental stuff, cool and interesting wacky Buckethead guitar festival, excellent. I really love the spooky scary power chords dropped in at odd intervals alongside the chill-a-minute esperimental lead breaks. Little metal guitar riff here, cool cleaner chords there, Van Halen trick here, scary Bucket chops there. This is great for Halloween even if it is too late now...

If this were volume 14 of ISOT it'd be the best volume, a great album this is better than I thought it'd be. I'm very impressed.

I've not yet listened to DTTOTB or Kevin's Noodle House, I'll get there though...

Great review....can't wait to hear it. I have passed on this round of releases thus far as I kinda got detoured by Porcupine Tree this fall... and now by Between the buried and me.

Probably will get at least the Cyborg Slunks..... probably should hurry up if I wanted the limited edition. Looking forward to your impressions of the other two.

PS- I was watching a video of Shawn Lane playing with Jeff Sipe the other night, now I know why you recommended checking him out. Wow.