Any Buckethead fans in here?

treeduck

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 16 2007, 02:03 PM)
QUOTE (tangdog @ Mar 15 2007, 09:03 PM)
Well I have progressed to Disc #4- E. I think my copy of Disc #1 skips, either that or its some of the most tripping music I have ever heard. Lots jazzy licks mixed with the ripping.  Hope you enjoy yours tomorrow Treeduck!

cool10.gif  1022.gif  cool10.gif  1022.gif  cool10.gif  1022.gif

Ok I picked mine up today and I got #219. Here's some quick crappy webcam pics...

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/7871/picture009fa3.jpg

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7115/picture006sy3.jpg

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5069/picture002ea5.jpg

Not had a chance to listen to any of them yet...

I'm gonna give this a spin first, which I ordered with the set...

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5129/delicreepsus2.jpg

Very nice. I must admit, I have never been so overwhelmed by a new release. The music is great and all but I am refering to the staggering quantity of new material to digest. Its a good problem to have though.

Thanks for the Metheny recommedations. I will try to Still Life again if I can break free from the grip of ISOT!

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5129/delicreepsus2.jpg

This is sounding very cool. An excellent album. Maximum Bob is quite versatile. Just before I put it on though I had a Cornbugs flashback. Cornbugs, that's one Buckethead project I wish I'd not invested in...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (tangdog @ Mar 16 2007, 03:50 PM)
Like I said I gotta get Travis to replace disc #1 but the music starts off good and just seems to get better. I have now worked through to #6 and song 5 probably is my favorite so far. Crazy playing.

Is something wrong with your disc 1 mate?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 16 2007, 03:51 PM)
Like I said I gotta get Travis to replace disc #1 but the music starts off good and just seems to get better. I have now worked through to #6 and song 5 probably is my favorite so far. Crazy playing.

Yeah and my post above can be ignored as I thought you were talking about the first song on #6 which is also insane.

I do think disc #1 is defective and that subject has come up on the TDRS forum. I am not too worried about it as Travis has said they will replace those that are defective. The other 5 have played just fine though.

I have grown to like Peppers Ghost but ISOT just seems real easy to love...

QUOTE (tangdog @ Mar 16 2007, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 16 2007, 03:51 PM)

Yeah and my post above can be ignored as I thought you were talking about the first song on #6 which is also insane.

I do think disc #1 is defective and that subject has come up on the TDRS forum. I am not too worried about it as Travis has said they will replace those that are defective. The other 5 have played just fine though.

I have grown to like Peppers Ghost but ISOT just seems real easy to love...

So far I've only heard disc one and mine was fine, thankfully no problems at all...

I had to name track 8 for the buckethead tk thing...

I'm listening to vol 2 now...

on track 2, the funky wah wah groove thang...it's really cool...

Are you gonna get a new disc 1 mate? You have to it's incredible, not a bad track on it. it could have been released as seperate album. In fact I'm betting all these volumes could have. Buckethead could have sat on these and released them over a series of years. Shows how prolific he is...

ohmy.gif

I tried 4 times so I think it is defective and yes, I hope to get it replaced. I want to go through all of them before I contact Travis. The music is sick, it seems to get better the deeper you go. This box set is so personal some of my discs have his fingerprints on the front from the numbering process.

OK, I want music from this guy. My friends have talked about him before because one of his songs, "Jordan" I believe it's called, is on Guitar Hero II. My one friend described that song as, like a "guitar orgasm", or something along the lines of that. Any beginning recommendations?

QUOTE (tangdog @ Mar 19 2007, 02:20 PM)
I was finally able to get disc #1 to cooperate! What a relief. Treeduck, you were right about #6!

That's good mate...

I've listened to the whole thing now...

Today I really liked discs 9 and 10, lots of unusual funk rock stuff plus loads of crazy weird twists and turns. Disc 13 was just 45 minute musical experimentation over a military drum loop. Buckethead was like the mad professoe when he did that one.

QUOTE (Sabs89 @ Mar 21 2007, 01:38 PM)
You need Nottingham Lace, in my opinion its his best song. Undoubtedly one of his most popular guitar solos too.

Yeah, that was the first song that I go into. I downloaded it from the link below. Since then I have new favorites but there is no disputing that NL is killer. Theres another cool mp3 at the site, where Buckethead does a tribute to the late ODB.

Nottingham Lace

No. ODB is Old Dirty Bastard, who was a member of the Wu Tang Clan. I think Buckethead took some of his rapping and layed down some very tasty guitar work to it. Even if you are not into rap its worth a listen and can be found

Here

Has Buckethead done a tribute to Dimebag? If so I would like to hear. 1022.gif

I caught the ending of Buckethead on Soundstage (PBS) a couple weeks

ago, and thought it was some "wild shtuff". I looked for his

discography and there was a lot there to pick from. Listening to a couple of song clips, I found some of it was a little out-there, but I like a good guitar jam.

Near the end of the show he was playing some funk with George Clinton.

I like a little funk or anything close to RUSH.

Any recommendations on which album to buy or songs to look for.