Which Trek is the best?

Slime

Which Star Trek series was the best?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Star Trek series was the best?

• The Original Series
    • The Animated Series
    • The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Voyager
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Enterprise
    • screw 'em all, the movies owned!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 6 2006, 03:18 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 6 2006, 02:10 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 6 2006, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 6 2006, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 7 2006, 03:43 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 4 2006, 07:39 PM)
'Star Trek' sucks.

No it's Star Wars that sucks...

laugh.gif

Nah. Only half of Star Wars sucks (the prequels). That being said, MORE than half of the Star Trek movies suck. Doesn't that suck?

Actually I never liked any of Star Wars, just never appealed to me, looked like what it was thought to be when they made it in 1976 a sci fi B movie...

Here's what one of the main stars who worked on it thought:

Alec Guinness discussing how much he disliked working on Star Wars (1977) and his attempts to encourage George Lucas to kill off Obi-Wan Kenobi] "And he agreed with me. What I didn't tell him was that I just couldn't go on speaking those bloody awful, banal lines. I'd had enough of the mumbo jumbo."

"I shrivel up every time someone mentions Star Wars to me."

So since Guinness had that reaction we are supposed to hate 'Star Wars'?

You think what you like Jack I'm just pointing out that I never liked it in the first place and neither did Guiness...

...but if you want to hate it now then I'll allow it this time...but I want you to contribute to Hollywood by buying more DVDs in the future, is that ok for you?

tongue.gif

I was just asking, bud. Calm down.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 6 2006, 02:34 PM)
'Star Trek' sucks.

laugh.gif

Nah. Only half of Star Wars sucks (the prequels). That being said, MORE than half of the Star Trek movies suck. Doesn't that suck?

Actually I never liked any of Star Wars, just never appealed to me, looked like what it was thought to be when they made it in 1976 a sci fi B movie...

Alec Guinness discussing how much he disliked working on Star Wars (1977) and his attempts to encourage George Lucas to kill off Obi-Wan Kenobi] "And he agreed with me. What I didn't tell him was that I just couldn't go on speaking those bloody awful, banal lines. I'd had enough of the mumbo jumbo."

You think what you like Jack I'm just pointing out that I never liked it in the first place and neither did Guiness...

...but if you want to hate it now then I'll allow it this time...but I want you to contribute to Hollywood by buying more DVDs in the future, is that ok for you?

tongue.gif

I'm calm jack I'm just messin...

bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 6 2006, 03:35 PM)
'Star Trek' sucks.

laugh.gif

tongue.gif

bekloppt.gif

I thought as much, I just wanted to be sure. wink.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 6 2006, 02:51 PM)
'Star Trek' sucks.

laugh.gif

tongue.gif

bekloppt.gif

trink39.gif smile.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 6 2006, 03:54 PM)
'Star Trek' sucks.

laugh.gif

tongue.gif

bekloppt.gif

'Star Trek' still sucks, tho. pokey.gif laugh.gif bolt.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 6 2006, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 6 2006, 03:54 PM)
'Star Trek' sucks.

laugh.gif

tongue.gif

bekloppt.gif

'Star Trek' still sucks, tho. pokey.gif laugh.gif bolt.gif

Well the last couple of incarnations have...

Alec Guinness was absolutely RIGHT about the scripts for the original three Star Wars movies. I'm just glad he didn't live to see the total disaster that is the prequel writing. The original three at least had passable scripts and good actors. The prequels have some better but mostly worse actors giving worse lines...what else can we expect?

Remember Harrison Ford saying "You can write it, George, but you sure as hell can't say it"?

The original show was innovative and groundbreaking, and without it, there would have been no other series.

As good as the original was, however, TNG to me will always be tops. Outside of some cheesy sets and costumes in the first season, the show has held up remarkably well, whereas the original series is a bit cheesy and dated. Don't get me wrong, it's excellent cheese, but the 2nd series came a long way, and the special effects, for lack of a better word, were usually stellar.

I love DS9 (never watched much Voyager) and Enterprise (and I too was brokenhearted when they cancelled it - great series), but TNG was tops. yes.gif

OST-Best.Proper S-F writers.Shatner

Enterprise-2nd.They nearly had it right-the Mirror Universe episode wasjust perfect:"Empress Sato"yes.

TNG-OK after 5th season.Especially with Ro Laren.

DS9-snoozeville until Sisko shaved his head and...LOW....He was Hawk...fantastic!Oh ,and the Mirror Universe eps.

Was there another one?I'm reminded of a toilet pan.

I prefer the Original TV Star Trek series. Maybe it's just because my dad loved it back then and when I was a little kid we always watched it together. I prefer "Lost in Space" to be honest.

I am a Star Wars guy as well and I also believe that Episode One is weak despite Darth Maul and Episode II was not much better. Episode III was excellent, except for the Franken Vader at the end. I love the original Star Wars Trilogy. CLASSIC!

It is strange to note that the Star Trek movies with Kirk was a miss followed by a hit.

Star Trek I sucked

Star Trek II was good

Star Trek III sucked

Star Trek IV was the best one

Star Trek V sucked

Star Trek VI was good

May the Force Be With You.................

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 9 2006, 09:39 PM)
I prefer the Original TV Star Trek series. Maybe it's just because my dad loved it back then and when I was a little kid we always watched it together. I prefer "Lost in Space" to be honest.

I am a Star Wars guy as well and I also believe that Episode One is weak despite Darth Maul and Episode II was not much better. Episode III was excellent, except for the Franken Vader at the end. I love the original Star Wars Trilogy. CLASSIC!

It is strange to note that the Star Trek movies with Kirk was a miss followed by a hit.

Star Trek I sucked
Star Trek II was good
Star Trek III sucked
Star Trek V sucked
Star Trek VI was good

A little trivia: Apparantly Star Trek III: The Search for Spock is one of Quentin Tarantino's favourite films...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 9 2006, 10:37 PM)
I prefer the Original TV Star Trek series.  Maybe it's just because my dad loved it back then and when I was a little kid we always watched it together.  I prefer "Lost in Space"  to be honest.

I am a Star Wars guy as well and I also believe that Episode One is weak despite Darth Maul and Episode II was not much better.  Episode III was excellent, except for the Franken Vader at the end.  I love the original  Star Wars Trilogy. CLASSIC!

Star Trek I sucked
Star Trek II was good
Star Trek III sucked
Star Trek V sucked
Star Trek VI was good

A little trivia: Apparantly Star Trek III: The Search for Spock is one of Quentin Tarantino's favourite films...

All the more reason to dislike Star Trek III...

From best to worst, IMO:

Star Trek Generations

Star Trek: VI

Star Trek: V

Star Trek: First Contact

Star Trek: IV

Star Trek: II

Star Trek: Nemesis

Star Trek Insurrection

Star Trek: III

Star Trek: The Motion Picture

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Oct 9 2006, 10:54 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 9 2006, 10:37 PM)
I prefer the Original TV Star Trek series.  Maybe it's just because my dad loved it back then and when I was a little kid we always watched it together.  I prefer "Lost in Space"  to be honest.

I am a Star Wars guy as well and I also believe that Episode One is weak despite Darth Maul and Episode II was not much better.  Episode III was excellent, except for the Franken Vader at the end.  I love the original  Star Wars Trilogy. CLASSIC!

Star Trek I sucked
Star Trek II was good
Star Trek III sucked
Star Trek V sucked
Star Trek VI was good

All the more reason to dislike Star Trek III...

From best to worst, IMO:

Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Insurrection

i've no strong opinions on the movies...I can take em or leave em...

I agree Pat!

I used to own the Star Trek Movie dvd box set. I dumped it at Rasputin's.

I left it behind man! Not worth owning.

For some reason I really liked Star Trek VI "The Voyage Home" though.

I don't own that one either anymore.

I won't even go in to The Next Generation crap. I liked Jean-Luc Picard. That's it!!

Wasn't that guy on Masterpiece Theater??

He is also the dude in the wheelchair in the X-Men Trilogy.

I thought that Part III of X-Men was GARBABE!

If you notice when Magneto removes the Golden Gate Bridge and lays it down on Alcatraz to the San Francisco pier the lights on the bridge are still on.

What a dumb flick!!

Sorry off topic again!!!

oops.gif

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Oct 9 2006, 11:54 PM)

From best to worst, IMO:
Star Trek Generations
Star Trek Insurrection

You placed ST: V ahead of First Contact? That may be a first. People usually put ST: V at the bottom of their lists. I saw that one in the theater, and haven't seen it since.

My best to worst:

First Contact

II

Generations

IV

VI

Insurrection

III

Nemesis

I

V

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I love the movies. Just started getting into them. I haven't really watched any of the shows yet. I was always just a Star Wars fan. But I have a new appreciation for Star Trek.

My Favourite movies from Best to Worst:

VI

IV

First Contact

II

Nemesis

III

Insurrection

Generations

I

V

Edited by Signals1982

Star Trek V was incredibly underrated. I thought it had a fairly nice story, and wasn't all that poorly directed. Yes, it was a very character driven story, but who says Sci-Fi needs to be all action and effects.

Star Trek V wasn't all that bad at all.

QUOTE (Nimoy and Shatner on Futurama)
Nimoy: "When I directed Star Trek IV, I got a great performance out of Bill, because I respect him so much."
Shatner: "Yes; and when I directed Star Trek V, I got a great performance out of me, because I respect me so much."
Edited by KenJennings

Voyager,Hands Down! The whole time that series was on I missed one episode. Q, Borg, Species 7298 (or whatever it NO. it is) and so on.

the original series was great. but i think the movies were better.

most namely generations and first contact. and 2-4. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

The only movies of I to VI that I really loved were II and IV, with Kahn easily being the best one. Most of the others didn't do much for me. The one thing those movies at least had going for them though was that the series was long over, so it was all gravy at that point.

I enjoy the movies with the TNG crew, but I would have prefered they had done one more season in lieu of doing movies. The movies were either good or great with them, but nothing earth-shattering either, and I don't find myself watching them over and over like I do the tv show. The tv episodes are still where it was at for me. yes.gif

Edited by rushgoober