2007 TRF Calendar Guidelines

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

For those guys and gals who are participating in our first calendar, some useful and pertinent guidelines for shooting the photos:

• Photos must be large, meaning you have to set your digital camera to its highest resolution (quality) setting. These calendar pages are pretty big and it's always better to make a large pic smaller than it is to make a small pic larger. The pic MUST be at least 1600 x 1200 pixels in size (bigger than that is even better). Any smaller than that and we can't use it, so make sure the camera you're using is capable of capturing pics of that size.

• If you can make your photo have some sort of theme that matches your month, great! If you can't come up with a theme or have trouble capturing it, then don't sweat it. Just give us a good pic.

• Pics MUST be shot horizontally. The calendar pages are horizontal, so the pics have to match. In other words, don't turn the camera on its side to get a head-to-toe shot.

• Do NOT include any official Rush artwork in your photos. This includes album covers or posters. That also includes any of the TRF merchandise that we sold a while back, as they contain the Rush logo as seen on the Signals album cover.

• Do NOT, either before or after the calendar is released, post yours or someone else's calendar pics on the board. If people want to see the pics, they'll have to get the calendar!
The deadline for submitting pics is Sunday, October 8. If you need a one or two day extension, contact an admin. If you don't submit a pic by the deadline, you'll give up your spot and we'll recruit another TRFer to take your month. Send your pics to:

RushRevisited@cinci.rr.com

AND

trf1001001@aim.com

Most of all, have fun with this! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 1 2006, 05:26 PM)
can the shots be manipulated? nothing extreme, but say a duo-tone, sepia tone, black and white image, etc. ? The shots I took lend themselves well to black and white and would also fit the theme.

YOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Seriously gotta know here. HELLLLLOOOOOOO.

laugh.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 1 2006, 05:26 PM)
can the shots be manipulated? nothing extreme, but say a duo-tone, sepia tone, black and white image, etc. ? The shots I took lend themselves well to black and white and would also fit the theme.

No problem there. If you're going to manipulate the pics in any way, don't alter the size or resolution. Or better yet, don't do anything and let me do it. Just tell me what you want done.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 2 2006, 02:53 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Oct 2 2006, 04:02 PM)
My snowboarding helm...has "RUSH" painted on it... sad.gif

Pardon my snowboarding inexperience, but what's a "helm?" Whatever it is, I could probably Photoshop it if necessary.

helmet!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Oct 2 2006, 11:34 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 2 2006, 02:53 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Oct 2 2006, 04:02 PM)
My snowboarding helm...has "RUSH" painted on it... sad.gif

Pardon my snowboarding inexperience, but what's a "helm?" Whatever it is, I could probably Photoshop it if necessary.

helmet!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

DUHHHHHHHHHH! Right now I FEEL like a helmet!

Don't worry about the helmet. Just take the pic and we'll worry about it later. cool.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 14 2006, 07:39 PM)
Are all the pics in? Do we have an estimated available for order date? Do they have any "extras", like member statistics or facts? Did anyone bag out and need to be replaced? Just wonderin'?

Stats and stuff would be cool.

QUOTE (sundog @ Oct 19 2006, 09:59 AM)
Are all the pics in?  Do we have an estimated available for order date?  Do they have any "extras", like member statistics or facts?  Did anyone bag out and need to be replaced?  Just wonderin'?

What type of stats?

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 23 2006, 02:25 PM)
Are all the pics in?  Do we have an estimated available for order date?  Do they have any "extras", like member statistics or facts?  Did anyone bag out and need to be replaced?  Just wonderin'?

What type of stats?

I have no idea. laugh.gif

How many posts the member has had deleted. laugh.gif

How many thread wars the member has started. z7shysterical.gif

How many times the member has been on the verge of banning. ohmy.gif

How many moderators hate the member. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Stuff like that. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 26 2006, 04:49 PM)

What type of stats?

That wouldn't be fair. You'd have a full page of stats and everyone else's would be empty!

(KIDDING! tongue.gif )

All the pics are in (treeduck came through!), we have the two covers finished and we'll be fixing up the rest of the pics over the next two days. Both calendars could be on sale as early as Sunday.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 26 2006, 04:57 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 26 2006, 04:49 PM)

What type of stats?

That wouldn't be fair. You'd have a full page of stats and everyone else's would be empty!

(KIDDING! tongue.gif )

All the pics are in (treeduck came through!), we have the two covers finished and we'll be fixing up the rest of the pics over the next two days. Both calendars could be on sale as early as Sunday.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I'm the "stats" KING!!! woohoo!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif

applaudit.gif

653.gif

cheer.gif

I was starting to worry. yes.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Oct 26 2006, 08:59 PM)

applaudit.gif

653.gif

cheer.gif

I was starting to worry. yes.gif

The covers were very time consuming, and we got treeduck's pic only a few days ago. But, we did say by the end of October, so we're still on schedule. wink.gif

Both of mine came in earlier this week, but I wasn't at my office, so I didn't see them until yesterday.

They look really good in person, much better than the previews on the webpage look.

I meant to take a picture of them hanging above my desk, but i didn't have my camera...maybe next week.

There are some fine-looking TRF ladies in there, that's for damn sure.

(I drew a speech balloon on each picture....now all the women are saying:"Geds, baby, how YOU doin'?")

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Geds @ Nov 9 2006, 06:21 PM)
Both of mine came in earlier this week, but I wasn't at my office, so I didn't see them until yesterday.

They look really good in person, much better than the previews on the webpage look.

I meant to take a picture of them hanging above my desk, but i didn't have my camera...maybe next week.

There are some fine-looking TRF ladies in there, that's for damn sure.

(I drew a speech balloon on each picture....now all the women are saying:"Geds, baby, how YOU doin'?")

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

CeeJ BETTER NOT BE!!! no.gif dazed025.gif angry.gif

laugh.gif

Archived