'Saw III' trailer hits.

Jack Aubrey

The first one was brilliant, but the second one was just another formulaic horror movie. Will they revisit that which made the first one so good? I'll let you know when I rent it. 'Saw III'

I agree with the others that one was better than two, but I did really like both of them. Looking forward to 3.

i agree that Saw was better than Saw II. a lot of people thought Saw II was better because it was "more exciting". they did more than just be in the one room the whole time, they went all over the house and stuff. i think that's a stupid eff-ing reason to like the second one better (no offense to anyone who did like the second one better) because to me the drama and events and such in the first one were WAY more exciting, despite the mostly being in the bathroom, because it was a lot better drama and tension between the characters and it was directed nearly perfectly.

but anyway i still liked the second one quite a bit, i just didn't quite think it was "brilliant". but i can't wait to see the third one.

The first one was really really good....the second one was better for the sole purpose that i didnt figure out the ending.

SPOILERS FOR SAW

In the first one, once they were at the hospital and they said the orderly guy was friends with the cancer patient...i figured it out....i knew that was him on the floor...it seemed to make sense that way.....i didnt figure out the ending saw II

I thought both were great - just saw both in order last week.

If pressed, I might admit I liked the 1st a bit more. But I felt the second was a worthy follow-up. They took a risk making a full character out of Jigsaw and I thought that risk paid off - he played his part extremely well.

Looking forward to the 3rd installment.

Edited by Schro

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 24 2006, 07:19 AM)
The first one was brilliant, but the second one was just another formulaic horror movie. Will they revisit that which made the first one so good? I'll let you know when I rent it. 'Saw III'

Ditto that. After the tremendous disappointment that was Saw II, I'll wait for the DVD.

QUOTE (MrMiltonBanana @ Aug 24 2006, 10:27 PM)
The first one was really really good....the second one was better for the sole purpose that i didnt figure out the ending.

SPOILERS FOR SAW

In the first one, once they were at the hospital and they said the orderly guy was friends with the cancer patient...i figured it out....i knew that was him on the floor...it seemed to make sense that way.....i didnt figure out the ending saw II

MORE SPOILERS FOR SAW (AND SAW II AS WELL)

i think you're like the only one. i don't know anybody who said they figured out that ending beforehand. and i think just cuz you figured out that's kind of a stupid reason to say the second one is better. it shouldn't just be about whether or not you figured it out, it should be about the quality of the ending itself. Saw has one of the best endings i've ever seen. tensions have reached their peak, both characters have been through an emotionally trying ordeal, not to meantion both are bleeding to death, adam just brutally murdered zep, and they think things may possibly be alright, then adam finds the tape recorder and suddenly it's not over yet, and the camera angle was perfect with jigsaw himself standing up, then the music, the music was amazing right there. adam freaks out, jigsaw shocks him and walks away, turns the light off, and slams the door so all there is is darkness and the sounds of Adam's desperate screaming. it doesn't get much better than that in a horror/thriller movie. such good cinemetography and directing and scripting, great acting, such a chilling and exciting and gripping ending.

Saw II wasn't even close to as good as Saw in the ending. first of all, it ended with the main character once again being chained up in the bathroom, deja vu anyone? then amanda shows up and explains everything, and just shuts him in again. like c'mon don't you think they could have been more creative and not just use the whole bathroom setting again? and it wasn't nearly as exciting or gripping or chilling as the first one. i'll admit the whole boy being in the safe and it being a recording thing was pretty good, but that's all it had going for it. the ending just wasn't nearly as cool. and she had to explain everything to him. Saw just hit you with a kickass ending that spoke for itself. Saw II ended like "hmm, that's elaborate and i didn't see it coming, that's interesting" but Saw ended like "BOO-YA MOTHER F***ER!!!! OWNED!!!!!!"

I wouldn't be surprised if no one reads that but i felt like i had to give my opinion on the endings of the movies.

Spoilers:

Saw 1 disgusted me, not because of violence or gore, but because I thought it was an aweful movie. First thing I said while watching "The guy on the floor isn't dead."... Needless to say, I didn't go back to see Saw 2.

Though he has nothing to do with it, the whole franchise seems so... Tarantino. No thanks.

well it must have just been chance that you figured that out right away. maybe you have a really creative mind and would have been able to have written the movie yourself, and therefore when you saw that you thought about the possibility of that being the ending. but there's not way it was the movies fault that you figured that out, it wasn't obvious and it wasn't poorly hidden, there was really no reason for you to think that about the movie right away except pure guess.

The ending took me completely by surprise, which is why I love 'Saw' so much! I like surprises, and I respect a movie that's clever enough to fool me.