New Rush album Ramblings

treeduck

This will be the 11th new Rush studio album for me (not counting Feedback) and I can't remember being as pumped for any as I am for this one. I'm not woried about having too high expectations because whether I get into an album right away or take time to get used to it or take a while to absorb the music, Rush always deliver. I'm not sure why I'm more excited about this one, maybe I think it's because they're gonna make a serious statement with this album...I don't know...

What do you people think? Or are you happy to just forget about it till the release day is announced?

TREEDUCK I am sure that I speak for each and everyone of us here at TRF - we are all pumped and can't wait for the first studio album in five years and eventual tour- I know I am and cant' wait I AM PUMPED. 2.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Aug 20 2006, 02:32 AM)
TREEDUCK I am sure that I speak for each and everyone of us here at TRF - we are all pumped and can't wait for the first studio album in five years and eventual tour- I know I am and cant' wait I AM PUMPED. 2.gif

I think it's gonna be like some kind of countdown to the release day...

We'll obviously be thinking about the trio recording next month, then we'll hear how it went, then it'll be time for the mixing (let's hope they all focus on it this time and not just leave it to Geddy), then mastering and design etc etc...

Hopefull Neil will reasure us in his blogs about mixing and mastering...

cool.gif

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Aug 20 2006, 03:55 PM)
A month before the album comes out we should start a thread for everyday before it comes out.

The Countdown Thread - heck, I think we've started it already...

The music is always great, but I'm most looking forward to hear what Neil has to say and how Geddy will interpret it. The only way to disappoint would be a return to burying Alex's guitar work.

Any hope for the inclusion of an epic - even a mini? trink39.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 20 2006, 04:12 PM)
They've got 8 songs recorded how many more have they written I wonder and how many more will they write?

Not to get everyone's hopes up, but think about this for a second....

They've got 8 songs done, and the juices are flowing on others, as well....

Might we be looking at a possible Double-CD?

How nice would THAT be?

As for the possible producer, might a hint be hidden in Neil's last posting on his site?

Matt Scannell of Vertical Horizon?

In Neil's own words, not only does he like him and respect his work, but:

"Behind the mixing console, with clipboard and pencil, Matt proved to be great as a producer, too"

Or am I just crazy?

QUOTE (Maddy @ Aug 20 2006, 04:00 PM)
QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Aug 20 2006, 03:55 PM)
A month before the album comes out we should start a thread for everyday before it comes out.

The Countdown Thread - heck, I think we've started it already...

The day we find out when the album is coming, this whole forum is going to explode! It will burst at the seams with posts! BOOM! comp26.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Aug 20 2006, 02:32 AM)

Same for me! 1022.gif 2.gif

Well, when the new album is released, all hell will break loose on the boards. Some will love it, some will hate it. Arguments will ensue about why some don't like it and vice versa.

That's what happened with Vapor Trails after it released.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 21 2006, 01:02 PM)
Well, when the new album is released, all hell will break loose on the boards. Some will love it, some will hate it. Arguments will ensue about why some don't like it and vice versa.

*Pops popcorn and waits eagerly*

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 21 2006, 01:02 PM)

It seems funny to me Rush fans hating one of their albums, I've had trouble with some albums of their initially, but even my least favourite ones like GUP have three or four songs that I really like...

Archived