Sat., Sept. 30 at Minnesota* 8:00 TBA

Sat., Oct. 7 Michigan State* 4:30 ESPN

Sat., Oct. 14 Penn State* 8:00 ABC

Sat., Oct. 21 Iowa* TBA TBA

Sat., Oct. 29 Northwestern* (HC) 12:00 TBA

Sat., Nov. 4 Ball State TBA TBA

Sat., Nov. 11 at Indiana* TBA TBA

Sat., Nov. 18 at Ohio State* 3:30 ABC

We're an Illini household. The excitement here doesn't begin until basketball season.

I'm disappointed that they stacked the nonconference schedule with patsies, with the exception of the traditional matchup with ND. The Michigan AD should be ashamed for making this schedule.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Aug 18 2006, 01:05 PM)
We're an Illini household. The excitement here doesn't begin until basketball season.

I'm disappointed that they stacked the nonconference schedule with patsies, with the exception of the traditional matchup with ND. The Michigan AD should be ashamed for making this schedule.

Yeah, it's a little lame, but when you're in the BIG 10... a little break here and there can't hurt. Mich isn't the first team to do this. And who's to say yet that these teams will be patsies? On any given day... yadda yadda yadda.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 18 2006, 12:20 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Aug 18 2006, 01:05 PM)
We're an Illini household.  The excitement here doesn't begin until basketball season. 

I'm disappointed that they stacked the nonconference schedule with patsies, with the exception of the traditional matchup with ND.  The Michigan AD should be ashamed for making this schedule.

Yeah, it's a little lame, but when you're in the BIG 10... a little break here and there can't hurt. Mich isn't the first team to do this. And who's to say yet that these teams will be patsies? On any given day... yadda yadda yadda.

Of course they're not the first team to create a schedule like this. I'm no big fan of ND, but I did respect them when they would win titles with by far the toughest schedule in the nation. I used to think that the high rankings achieved by OU and Nebraska at the expense of that old Big Eight lineup were a complete farce. These farcical matchups work out fine for the universities that create them. Michigan will still fill the Big House, and the patsy universities will reap a bigger payday for their share of the ticket revenue than they would by play a similar caliber team that week. It's a win-win, save for college football itself.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 18 2006, 12:46 PM)
Hmmm... something to think about, but in no way will it cut my enthusiasm for my Wolverines. no.gif

GO BLUE!!! BEAT THOSE PATSIES INTO THE GROUND!!! laugh.gif

I guess this kind of thing just fuels my cynicism regarding college sports. Sorry to be a party pooper.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Aug 18 2006, 02:06 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 18 2006, 12:46 PM)
Hmmm... something to think about, but in no way will it cut my enthusiasm for my Wolverines.  no.gif 

GO BLUE!!!  BEAT THOSE PATSIES INTO THE GROUND!!!  laugh.gif

I guess this kind of thing just fuels my cynicism regarding college sports. Sorry to be a party pooper.

It's okay. I'm getting used to you over in politics. laugh.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 18 2006, 06:54 PM)
September 16th is your DOOMSDAY

1287.gif pokey.gif

wacko.gif

I hear this from CeeJ EVERY year. Okay... so you guys have been right the last TWO years. laugh.gif

THAT STREAK ENDS THIS YEAR!!! yes.gif

Both teams should do well again this year. No matter what, that game is always a good one. I especially love the half times, but that's a different story that I MIGHT share in CeeJ and my shack, but NOT here. laugh.gif

062802puke_prv.gif

biggrin.gif

We'll have to come up with some kind of bet for that one Testy. Think of something that doesn't involve my hair. I can't put that on the block this year. no.gif

GO BLUE!!!

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k35/necro44rf/naturalenemiesndvs.jpg

This looks like a good book. Awesome picture.

Do you have any idea what it's like in THIS household? Living with an ND fan??? I'm surprised my fellow Mich fans haven't blackballed me. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 18 2006, 07:03 PM)

We'll have to come up with some kind of bet for that one Testy. Think of something that doesn't involve my hair. I can't put that on the block this year. no.gif

GO BLUE!!!

Since I don't have any myself it wouldn't work for me either tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 18 2006, 07:09 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 18 2006, 07:03 PM)

We'll have to come up with some kind of bet for that one Testy.  Think of something that doesn't involve my hair.  I can't put that on the block this year.  no.gif 

GO BLUE!!! 

Since I don't have any myself it wouldn't work for me either tongue.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Maybe something positive about the winning team put in the sig of the loser. Like me kissing a Notre Dame helmet or you wearing a Michigan jersey. Something like that. It would have to stay in the sig for the remainder of the season though. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 18 2006, 11:46 AM)
2006 Schedule for Michigan Wolverines

Bold denotes home games. 

DATE OPPONENT TIME TV

Sat., Sept. 2 Vanderbilt 12:00 ESPN
Sat., Sept. 9 Central Michigan 12:00 ESPN+L

Sat., Sept. 16 at Notre Dame 3:30 NBC
Sat., Sept. 23 Wisconsin* TBA TBA
Sat., Sept. 30  at Minnesota* 8:00 TBA
Sat., Oct. 7 Michigan State* 4:30 ESPN
Sat., Oct. 14 Penn State* 8:00 ABC
Sat., Oct. 21 Iowa* TBA TBA
Sat., Oct. 29 Northwestern* (HC) 12:00 TBA
Sat., Nov. 4 Ball State TBA TBA

Sat., Nov. 11 at Indiana* TBA TBA
Sat., Nov. 18 at Ohio State* 3:30 ABC

All I can say is: GO VANDY! A Vandy upset of Michigan on opening day would be WAY COOL.

Sorry, SEC fan here.

Otherwise, I am rather neutral about Michigan.

Oh, that and I hope that Michigan beats Notre Dame, a team I am not neutral about.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/gobluepillow.jpg

NOTRE DAME RULES! you will see soon.

cool10.gif

http://blueandgold.com/images/photos/image/games/michigan2004/19__edwards_cashore.jpg

my bro called me 2 minutes ago. he has tickets to Michigan game Nov. 4th, Gonna check to see who against before I commit.

ball state.

I don't think so.damn. haven't been there in a while.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 23 2006, 04:32 PM)
QUOTE (2hi @ Aug 23 2006, 02:23 PM)

cool10.gif

http://blueandgold.com/images/photos/image/games/michigan2004/19__edwards_cashore.jpg

Pffffft!!!! We'll see. Why do I have to deal with so many ND fans here??? confused13.gif

laugh.gif

Just mention the fact that Notre Dame has lost its last 8 bowl games. That should shut 'em up wink.gif

QUOTE (Drunk Pirate Robert @ Aug 24 2006, 01:57 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 23 2006, 04:32 PM)
QUOTE (2hi @ Aug 23 2006, 02:23 PM)

cool10.gif

Pffffft!!!! We'll see. Why do I have to deal with so many ND fans here??? confused13.gif

laugh.gif

Just mention the fact that Notre Dame has lost its last 8 bowl games. That should shut 'em up wink.gif

Yeah, but they're really cocky cuz they've beaten Michigan two years straight. rage.gif

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Aug 23 2006, 05:51 PM)
ball state.
I don't think so.damn. haven't been there in a while.

i think just the excitement of being at a game in THE BIG HOUSE....regardless of who Michigan is playing is worth the trip!!

there's so much energy in that stadium...... ...

i dunno...for me anyway... i'd go just to go...(albeit, A2 is only a 30 minute drive for me too...)

they did a bunch of renovations at the big house... to quote an article recently read:

"Michigan Stadium is the largest on-campus football facility in the nation with a capacity of 107,501. It has not experienced any renovations since an expansion prior to the 1998 season added two video scoreboards and 5,000 additional seats in the north and south end zones."

can't you just feel it???

Archived