last song/riff/rhythm learned?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Jul 30 2010, 08:22 PM)
I just tried to learn a bit of Xanadu on guitar biggrin.gif but, although I've got it down, it's a bit slow. Alex is such a beast! LOL. Too fast for me.

laugh.gif Deceptively so. He's amazing like that (in an un-fanboy way) biggrin.gif

Pausing on the playing for a bit...need to tackle some of their later shit soon though.

After what seemed like three years of hellish torture, I have finally beaten the mighty YYZ beast on the bass.

I feel like climbing a damn mountain. SO PUMPED biggrin.gif

Edited by Ted Barchetta

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Jul 31 2010, 07:35 PM)
After what seemed like three years of hellish torture, I have finally beaten the mighty YYZ beast on the bass.

I feel like climbing a damn mountain. SO PUMPED biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif Shit, no way. You have to record that and put it up on here dude. Congrats!! trink38.gif 2.gif cheer.gif common001.gif trink39.gif

On guitar: most of Afterimage and a good bit of Young Man Blues by The Who

both verrry hard. :C

QUOTE (xXDreamlinerXx @ Aug 1 2010, 06:47 PM)
I'm working on the bass solo in La Villa, and the bass in Emotion Detector. Both are about halfway done. I'm pretty sure my fingers'll hate me by the time I'm done...

Just keep at it man! Screw your fingers! Make them your bitch!

Seriously though, Emotion Detector and La Villa on bass is flippin' difficult-er than hell. Props dude trink39.gif

As an update: the intro to Little Wing hath been quashed my meee! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Aug 1 2010, 10:14 PM)
I'm working on the bass solo in La Villa, and the bass in Emotion Detector. Both are about halfway done. I'm pretty sure my fingers'll hate me by the time I'm done...

Seriously though, Emotion Detector and La Villa on bass is flippin' difficult-er than hell. Props dude trink39.gif

Haha, trust me, they're SCREAMING. I really do enjoy challenging myself with songs like that. When they're finished, the feeling of accomplishment is SO worht it. I just read you got YYZ down on bass? Congrats, man!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif That's a milestone for any Rush-influenced musician. I've pretty much got that song down, just need to smooth out some rough edges.

And little wing you say? Great stuff, man!! Hendrix or SRV version?

QUOTE (xXDreamlinerXx @ Aug 1 2010, 08:17 PM)
QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Aug 1 2010, 10:14 PM)

Haha, trust me, they're SCREAMING. I really do enjoy challenging myself with songs like that. When they're finished, the feeling of accomplishment is SO worht it. I just read you got YYZ down on bass? Congrats, man!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif That's a milestone for any Rush-influenced musician. I've pretty much got that song down, just need to smooth out some rough edges.

And little wing you say? Great stuff, man!! Hendrix or SRV version?

Hendrix version. it's lighter and a bit slower.

I gotta work out my "Rough Edges" in YYZ too tongue.gif

QUOTE (xXDreamlinerXx @ Aug 2 2010, 04:32 PM)
I've got this version of Subdivisions that I'm working on where I tap the keyboard parts on my bass. Kind of a John Myung style thing. Hoping it'll turn out well when I get it down right.

That's wicked awesome dude! very inventive! 1022.gif

I play the keyboard solos to The Trees and Circumstances on bass when ever I play along with the songs. It comes out sounding pretty cool. cool.gif

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Aug 2 2010, 08:40 PM)
I've got this version of Subdivisions that I'm working on where I tap the keyboard parts on my bass. Kind of a John Myung style thing. Hoping it'll turn out well when I get it down right.

I play the keyboard solos to The Trees and Circumstances on bass when ever I play along with the songs. It comes out sounding pretty cool. cool.gif

Thanks man! I'm hoping I'll be able to make it sound right. I enjoy coming up with weird stuff like that.

And that's pretty cool! I've seen that done once or twice, sweet stuff. It would seem that we are players of the same relative calibur. cool.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (xXDreamlinerXx @ Aug 2 2010, 06:29 PM)

Thanks man! I'm hoping I'll be able to make it sound right. I enjoy coming up with weird stuff like that.

And that's pretty cool! I've seen that done once or twice, sweet stuff. It would seem that we are players of the same relative calibur. cool.gif trink39.gif

Totally! I respect any one who can tap nearly as well as John Myung, he's a beast. The best tapping I can pull off (Heehee) is Steve Hackett style

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Aug 2 2010, 09:45 PM)
QUOTE (xXDreamlinerXx @ Aug 2 2010, 06:29 PM)

Totally! I respect any one who can tap nearly as well as John Myung, he's a beast. The best tapping I can pull off (Heehee) is Steve Hackett style

Always a pleasure to meat a fellow bass player! cool.gif laugh.gif

Heh, I'm far from Myung... Like, I can do the Metropolis pt. 1 solo at about 1/2 speed. But I try to model my style mainly after him and Lee. It keeps me on my toes while practicing haha.

(lol pulloff)

I'm in the process of learning how to play Pink Floyd's 'Echoes' on guitar. [understatement] it's pretty hard [/understatement]

Re-Learning Beer by Reel Big Fish on Guitar. Piece of cake compared to Echoes or A Farewell To Kings. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (xXDreamlinerXx @ Aug 6 2010, 08:50 AM)
I think I just accidently learned the solo from Distant Early Warning...

I ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE DISCOGRAPHY.

But seriously, the guitar tone in that song is harder to get down than the song proper. So much chorus and delay with just a hint of distortion

You just can't have too much distortion with that song.