'Spider-Man 3' teaser trailer!

Jack Aubrey

YEAH!!! Looks like a goodeh. Still curious as to how the Black Costume\Venom will be introduced in the movie. In the comic book, Peter got the 'costume' on the Secret Wars Planet, brought it back to Earth and the 'costume' was later discovered to be an alien symbiote. The scene with Peter/Spidey in the bell tower 'battling' with the suit is taken directly from the Spidey comic book. Intense sonics are the only known weakness of the symbiote costume, Peter couldnt 'command' the costume off so he goes to a chuch bell tower and all the clanging bells drives the symbiote off him. Good stuff maynard smile.gif

oh so the symbiote really did take him over first? cuz i saw that on the preview and i was like "I thought venom was someone else...." i didn't know it originally take try to take over peter first.

but later on in the comic it did like take over someone else to become venom didn't it? and is venom actually gonna be in the movie? or it just the "black suit" symbiote taking over spiderman?

but anyway that movie looks awesome!

Originally the suit tried to bond itself with Peter. Once Peter knew that the suit was a symbiote, and that the symbiote didnt have the best of intentions Peter got rid of the suit. The symboite was held captive at the FF's Baxter Building. It escaped, i forget how exactly, and came across Eddie Brock. Eddie knew Peter from the Daily Bugle where they worked as photographers. Eddie hated Peter on account of Pete getting Eddie busted for some crime. So Eddie, being down and out, glady bonded with the suit to become Venom. Later on, and I dont know all the details, a portion of the Venom suit became seperated from Venom and bonded with a serial killer named Cassidy something to become Carnage. I didnt like the whole Carnage thing.

Im pretty sure Venom will be in the movie, I believe that is the part Topher Grace will be playing, Eddie Brock/Venom.

Oh wow man, never read the comic books so, these little snippets of what's happening makes more sense to me now that I've seen the trailer. Looks like another blockbuster. Can't wait.

They'll have to make some changes to the whole Venom story. Seems a bit long and complicated for a 2 hour movie. However, even with some deviations from Venom's comic origin, I DON'T expect this movie to disappoint. I love the first 2 Spidey flicks.

FF, you are correct. After doing a little research on Carnage, the backstory is dumber than what I thought it to be. Appearantly Eddie (the symbiotes host) was in jail. [Taken from the Marvel Handbook]The Venom symbiote attempted to free Brock by inciting a destructive jailbreak. Unknown to its human host, the alien was pregnant. It gave birth during the disastrous rescue. Left behind in the midst of the riot that ensued, the symbiote's spawn bonded with Cletus Kasady.

Oy, thats a lamer, and part of the reason I stopped reading Spidey for quite a few years.

I agree the origin of the symbiote will have to be altered. There is no way that the Secret Wars concept will be touched.

I liked both Spidey movies. I thought the action in the second one was absolutly amazing. I watched spidey 2 a month or so ago and was blown away at how great and fun the action sequences are. Im already psyched to see #3 just from that trailer.