Rush Petitioned To Tour Australia In 2007

robertkincaid96

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (sanzo @ Jun 17 2007, 07:44 AM)
why wouldnt they go to Oz? like for a few extra hours of a journey would make alot of people happy

smile.gif Oh if only we could convince Ray Danniels at SRO. 2.gif IN OZ. IN 08. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (sanzo @ Jun 16 2007, 03:44 PM)
why wouldnt they go to Oz? like for a few extra hours of a journey would make alot of people happy

Why wouldn't they? Because they're too old and fat and lazy and they can't be f*cked..... wacko.gif angry.gif

We are now up to 325 signatures - keep 'em coming guys Rush in 08 yes please 2.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jul 7 2007, 11:15 AM)
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/RolindaBonz/iloveaus.gif

smile.gif That is so sweet Susie. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jul 6 2007, 07:15 PM)
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/RolindaBonz/iloveaus.gif

Yeah but why do you like Perth so much?

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Serviette Onion @ Jul 10 2007, 06:30 PM)
It think we need to see This just for fun!!!!

Yep, all time classic, and worth watching for the 248th time!!! rofl3.gif

laugh.gif I work with 3 Bruce's

QUOTE (different strings @ Jul 11 2007, 06:41 AM)

Ha! I don't think I know a single one!!!

QUOTE (Roddy @ Jul 11 2007, 10:07 AM)
QUOTE (different strings @ Jul 11 2007, 06:41 AM)

Ha! I don't think I know a single one!!!

Now, The Professor Bruce teaches classical philosophy,

Lerxt Bruce teaches Haegelain philosophy,

and Dirk Bruce here teaches logical positivism, and is in charge of

the sheepdip!!!

QUOTE (Serviette Onion @ Jul 18 2007, 06:25 PM)
QUOTE (Serviette Onion @ Jul 10 2007, 06:30 PM)
It think we need to see This just for fun!!!!

Or perhaps you prefer this instead?

More comedy gold!

And that chic was HOT!

QUOTE (MrMiltonBanana @ Jun 26 2006, 08:05 PM)
Wait....AC/DC, Kylie Minogue, INXS.......like thats all you have to be proud of....I mean I'll sign it...because everyone should see rush....but surely.....i mean.....thats the best music you have....poor Australia.....

dont forget Silverchair!:)

: Thanks for your support and welcome to TRF Dazechain 2.gif in OZ trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

...Thank you, Different Strings, for the kind welcome...

...In regards to my sig...not a problem...in fact I will try to recruit n' steer a few other Rushheads to the petition so that perhaps in good time they(Dirk, Lerxst, n' the Prof) will see the popular demand growin' and find their way clear to making a trek down under to perform...and I mean it...I'd be there if they choose to... cool.gif

...I really like this forum (TRF)...I am relatively new here...I perused the site a few times in July of this year as the anticipation levels for my Red Rocks date w/ Rush near'd...however, I was afraid I might end up spoilin' the mystery of their setlist or stage setup so I only skim'd briefly...then on August 1st a week before the show at Red Rocks I decided to join and began to countdown the performance others and I would be witnessing...and what a show it was...still as fresh on me mind as it was on the day after the show...and that was two+ weeks ago...last nite they pick'd up again in KC...I think I will go see if anyone has post'd a review...just the Rushfanboy in me shinin' thru...cheers to you there down under Mr. Different Strings...and to an ongoing net friendship with you also...again thanks for the welcome!

DC bolt.gif

QUOTE (Dazechain @ Aug 25 2007, 03:22 AM)
...Thank you, Different Strings, for the kind welcome...

...In regards to my sig...not a problem...in fact I will try to recruit n' steer a few other Rushheads to the petition so that perhaps in good time they(Dirk, Lerxst, n' the Prof) will see the popular demand growin' and find their way clear to making a trek down under to perform...and I mean it...I'd be there if they choose to... cool.gif

...I really like this forum (TRF)...I am relatively new here...I perused the site a few times in July of this year as the anticipation levels for my Red Rocks date w/ Rush near'd...however, I was afraid I might end up spoilin' the mystery of their setlist or stage setup so I only skim'd briefly...then on August 1st a week before the show at Red Rocks I decided to join and began to countdown the performance others and I would be witnessing...and what a show it was...still as fresh on me mind as it was on the day after the show...and that was two+ weeks ago...last nite they pick'd up again in KC...I think I will go see if anyone has post'd a review...just the Rushfanboy in me shinin' thru...cheers to you there down under Mr. Different Strings...and to an ongoing net friendship with you also...again thanks for the welcome!

DC bolt.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif Right back atcha DC and I am glad the RED ROCKS show went so well for you- I would have loved to have been there.Thanks also for your support to get 2.gif to play over in Australia as there really is no reason that they should avoid this musical country. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

there really is no reason that they should avoid this musical country.

You mean besides the fact that no one in Australia has heard of Rush and they would only be able to sell 48 tickets and they'd have to fork out $4,000,000 to tour?

As much as I want to see this happen, I'm worried that it's always going to be a long shot.... I signed this a long time ago (I think I'm #12 on there) and I check back on the progress periodically to see where it is at.

I've been trying to break into the Melbourne music scene for a few years, and I've become very jaded with it. I think it's over-saturated but I also think it's too trendy and fashion conscious. There's a lot of screamy, whiny kids playing tone-deaf metal and punk and the older set likes their Cold Chisel and AC/DC pub rock.

I'm not convinced a band of old prog-rockers, no matter how good they are, would go over that well with the locals (I'm American but have lived here for 5 years). I know there are exceptions of course.

Still won't forget the first time I came here and saw that Ged had scribbled on a Hemispheres LP hanging on the Melbourne Hard Rock Cafe wall.

Don't know whether this is really the right place to post this, but what the hell wink.gif

I'm a huge Rugby league fan, watch it all the time. Last nights semi-final between the Bulldogs and the Eels was a great game .... but what really got my attention was when Channel 9 was going through the team lineups, they were playing a snippet of The Main Monkey Business ohmy.gif

This is THE FIRST time i've ever heard a Rush song being played on any TV station in Australia (radio station too for that matter)

Then, as if to assure me that it wasn't a dream (or i'd had 2 too many beers tongue.gif ) they played it again during the outro to the show 653.gif

Any other Ozzie league fans notice this ??

RUSH in Oz indeed trink39.gif common001.gif cheer.gif

Archived