The Red Sox

Der Trommler

Thus, my prediction is getting closer. The Sox didn't get another pitcher, hence, why they aren't moving forward.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 11 2009, 09:43 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Oct 11 2009, 06:48 PM)
R.I.P. Red Sox 2009 season  rose.gif

As a Braves fan first and foremost, I'm rooting for the Phillies (gotta stay in the NL East). I've got a bit of a soft spot for them (their stadium is awesome, and the fans are very welcoming  laugh.gif ). Anyways, I'll root against the Yanks in the ALCS (and probably the world series eyesre4.gif ), that's the basic rule for me.  laugh.gif

How generous! I would probably do the same (but not for the Mets smile.gif)

Same here laugh.gif

QUOTE (Analog Kelly @ Oct 11 2009, 05:10 PM)
It will be disappointing not to see the Yankees vs the Sox in post season

Get used to disappointment. I guess I'll root for the Angels even though they will lose. I'll root for whichever team wins the NLCS. I won't be able bear being right on this but I am rooting against the team that will win it like the 26 times prior.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 11 2009, 08:17 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Oct 11 2009, 03:48 PM)
Anyways, I'll root against the Yanks in the ALCS (and probably the world series eyesre4.gif ), that's the basic rule for me.  laugh.gif

Even more important to me than having my Red Sox win the world series is to have the Yankees NOT win it. Otherwise, I'm good with anyone else winning it. I'll see whose left as it goes on to see who else to root for. I love the Cardinals, but they're gone. I'll likely be rooting for the Dodgers...

trink39.gif

My thoughts exactly!

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 14 2009, 12:39 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 11 2009, 08:17 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Oct 11 2009, 03:48 PM)
Anyways, I'll root against the Yanks in the ALCS (and probably the world series eyesre4.gif ), that's the basic rule for me.  laugh.gif

Even more important to me than having my Red Sox win the world series is to have the Yankees NOT win it. Otherwise, I'm good with anyone else winning it. I'll see whose left as it goes on to see who else to root for. I love the Cardinals, but they're gone. I'll likely be rooting for the Dodgers...

trink39.gif

My thoughts exactly!

I always root for two teams-The Red Sox & any team who opposes the Yankees.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 9 2009, 05:05 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Oct 9 2009, 01:22 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 8 2009, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 30 2009, 03:32 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 30 2009, 12:54 PM)
Nothing like backing your way into the playoffs. This was probably the most anti-climatic of close race.

I'd trade places with you.....I'm not sure the Tigers can hang on!

Like I said.... sarcasm.gif eh.gif

At least you guys made it.

True but the Tigers wouldn't have faired much better than the Twins or Sox. Either way, these three teams are toast.

Angels over Yankees in 6 it is, then. cheer.gif

Somehow, I don't see that happening. I say it's going to be the Yanks in 6 against the Angels & Dodgers. angry.gif

By Ian Browne / MLB.com

10/29/09 10:08 AM ET

BOSTON -- The Red Sox, always aggressive when it comes to the international market, met with Cuban free-agent pitcher Aroldis Chapman on Wednesday at Fenway Park.

Chapman defected back in July during a tournament in The Netherlands. His fastball was clocked at 102 mph during the World Baseball Classic.

"Boston was one of the teams he was interested in from the start, and that certainly hasn't changed," Chapman's agent, Edwin Mejia, told The Boston Globe. "It was a very good visit."

Chapman met with members of Boston's front office and one unspecified player.

The bidding war for the 21-year-old Chapman's services figures to be extensive, as Mejia told The Globe that 10 teams are interested in meeting with the power left-hander. The Yankees are believed to be one of those teams.

In December 2002, the Red Sox and Yankees engaged in a memorable derby to land Cuban right-hander Jose Contreras. The Red Sox thought they had Contreras signed, but the Yankees swooped in at the last minute. Stung at the time by losing out on Contreras, Red Sox president/CEO Larry Lucchino referred to the Yankees as "the evil empire."

Chapman could be the most significant Cuban pitcher to enter the Majors since Contreras, who has notched 71 wins over a seven-year career.

The Red Sox signed another Cuban player -- 19-year-old shortstop Jose Iglesias -- in September. Because Chapman and Iglesias played with each other for many years in Cuba and are friendly, perhaps that can help Boston's chances of landing Chapman.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Oct 29 2009, 11:52 AM)
By Ian Browne / MLB.com

BOSTON -- The Red Sox, always aggressive when it comes to the international market, met with Cuban free-agent pitcher Aroldis Chapman on Wednesday at Fenway Park.

Chapman defected back in July during a tournament in The Netherlands. His fastball was clocked at 102 mph during the World Baseball Classic.

"Boston was one of the teams he was interested in from the start, and that certainly hasn't changed," Chapman's agent, Edwin Mejia, told The Boston Globe. "It was a very good visit."

The bidding war for the 21-year-old Chapman's services figures to be extensive, as Mejia told The Globe that 10 teams are interested in meeting with the power left-hander. The Yankees are believed to be one of those teams.

In December 2002, the Red Sox and Yankees engaged in a memorable derby to land Cuban right-hander Jose Contreras. The Red Sox thought they had Contreras signed, but the Yankees swooped in at the last minute. Stung at the time by losing out on Contreras, Red Sox president/CEO Larry Lucchino referred to the Yankees as "the evil empire."

Chapman could be the most significant Cuban pitcher to enter the Majors since Contreras, who has notched 71 wins over a seven-year career.

The Red Sox signed another Cuban player -- 19-year-old shortstop Jose Iglesias -- in September. Because Chapman and Iglesias played with each other for many years in Cuba and are friendly, perhaps that can help Boston's chances of landing Chapman.

Personally, i would rather the Sox went after John Lackey or Felix Hernandez. I would sign Lackey as a free agent and trade for Hernandez. If they cant work out a deal for Hernandez, try to get Adrian Gonzalez from San Diego. With Jed Hoyer as the new GM, this could possibly be done.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Oct 29 2009, 01:15 PM)
By Ian Browne / MLB.com

Personally, i would rather the Sox went after John Lackey or Felix Hernandez. I would sign Lackey as a free agent and trade for Hernandez. If they cant work out a deal for Hernandez, try to get Adrian Gonzalez from San Diego. With Jed Hoyer as the new GM, this could possibly be done.

I agree. The Sox need another solid pitcher. After Beckett & Lester, the pitching gets a little weak.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Oct 30 2009, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Oct 29 2009, 01:15 PM)
By Ian Browne / MLB.com

I agree. The Sox need another solid pitcher. After Beckett & Lester, the pitching gets a little weak.

Word is that the Sox are still after Halladay. I say, make the deal. The Sox need another solid starter & Halladay more than certainly fits that bill. Also, Pedroia may move to short & allow the Sox to sign a decent 2nd baseman. I'm for that as well. Lastly, SIGN BAY! WTF is wrong with them?!

Why are the Sox trading Lowell? I know they want Beltre but seriously, Lowell can still play third. How about trading Ortiz & having Lowell DH? That way, you can use Youck, Lowell, or Beltre. Good level of depth right there.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Dec 11 2009, 10:51 AM)
Why are the Sox trading Lowell? I know they want Beltre but seriously, Lowell can still play third. How about trading Ortiz & having Lowell DH? That way, you can use Youck, Lowell, or Beltre. Good level of depth right there.

Lowell cant play third anymore. He has no range at all. Plus they shed 12 million off the payroll. Use that to resign Bay.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Dec 11 2009, 03:21 PM)

Lowell cant play third anymore. He has no range at all. Plus they shed 12 million off the payroll. Use that to resign Bay.

What's Ortiz making? Lowell has a much better range than the backups right now. If Youk got hurt, the Sox might be SOL....

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Dec 11 2009, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Dec 11 2009, 03:21 PM)

What's Ortiz making? Lowell has a much better range than the backups right now. If Youk got hurt, the Sox might be SOL....

Same as Lowell, which is too much. I'm not expecting much next year. They are going on the cheap, even though they raised ticket prices again. Hopefully the pink hats will stop going and the real fans can get tickets again. yes.gif

So....we're getting close to Spring Training. I'm still concerned about this team. I'm not concerned about pitching. I'm happy with what we have. Matter of fact, I'm ectatic! However, our hitting is now suspect. With the loss of Bay, who will help out Youk and Pedroia?

Papi? Papi needs someone like Manny to back him. That way they pitch to him. Not only that but Papi should learn a valuable lesson. That stupid shift they put on him. If he could learn how to hit that darn ball to left field, things change quite a bit more for him....

Cameron? Nah....Ellsbury? maybe but he's better for being the leadoff hitter, getting on and stealing. So who? Scutaro? Remains to be seen....

I'm a little scared. Those Yanks didn't change much. Looks like they'll be playing the same way. Leaves me to believe the Yanks are a shoe in for first in the AL East angry.gif

Not much I can do but accept it. Maybe they'll just get an annoying rash of injuries that aren't serious but enough to keep them from winning the East. Who knows? One can hope, can't he?

My sister and her husband visted me from NJ with their new SUV. I used it to pick up my Mom who got stuck on some ice and needed help to get out. Well i got her out and when I was driving back home I noticed in the rearview mirror the NY Yankee logo. I almost drove into a snow bank.

At braekfast I had to ask them about it, i told them you're going to remove it RIGHT. She said yes just they haven't gotten around to it and it came with the truck. I told her I'll get it for you, I have just the thing. tongue.gif

I hope to go down to Fort Myers like I have been for the last 3 years in March. A B~day gift to myself.

Peace

i'm heading down to winter haven wednesday....too late to meet the bus and too early for spring training! rrrrgh! i was planning to drive over to FM for the 18th.....i'll be installing pergo in my parents' living room instead......

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Feb 8 2010, 01:14 PM)
So....we're getting close to Spring Training. I'm still concerned about this team. I'm not concerned about pitching. I'm happy with what we have. Matter of fact, I'm ectatic! However, our hitting is now suspect. With the loss of Bay, who will help out Youk and Pedroia?
Papi? Papi needs someone like Manny to back him. That way they pitch to him. Not only that but Papi should learn a valuable lesson. That stupid shift they put on him. If he could learn how to hit that darn ball to left field, things change quite a bit more for him....
Cameron? Nah....Ellsbury? maybe but he's better for being the leadoff hitter, getting on and stealing. So who? Scutaro? Remains to be seen....

I'm a little scared. Those Yanks didn't change much. Looks like they'll be playing the same way. Leaves me to believe the Yanks are a shoe in for first in the AL East angry.gif
Not much I can do but accept it. Maybe they'll just get an annoying rash of injuries that aren't serious but enough to keep them from winning the East. Who knows? One can hope, can't he?

Whaddha think about training Lowe for First?!?

cheer.gif SOX cheer.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Feb 18 2010, 08:23 PM)

I'm a little scared. Those Yanks didn't change much. Looks like they'll be playing the same way. Leaves me to believe the Yanks are a shoe in for first in the AL East  angry.gif

Whaddha think about training Lowe for First?!?

cheer.gif SOX cheer.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

They would have a log jam for first. You've got Youk, Martinez, and a AAA player that I can't remember his name off the top of my head. Lowe probably should be backup to Pedroia and Scutaro. He might make it to the big club and stay that way biggrin.gif

Go Sox!!! cheer.gif

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Feb 19 2010, 12:10 PM)
being the

They would have a log jam for first. You've got Youk, Martinez, and a AAA player that I can't remember his name off the top of my head. Lowe probably should be backup to Pedroia and Scutaro. He might make it to the big club and stay that way biggrin.gif

u thinking of Lars anderson, maybe?

i hope Bard can fill pap's shoes. becaus pap is going to be a liability very soon, i think, in more ways than one.

i have a lot of hope in Lackey.

how do you guys feel about cameron, with jacoby moving over?

QUOTE (DotS @ Feb 25 2010, 10:13 AM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Feb 19 2010, 12:10 PM)
being the

u thinking of Lars anderson, maybe?

i hope Bard can fill pap's shoes. becaus pap is going to be a liability very soon, i think, in more ways than one.

i have a lot of hope in Lackey.

how do you guys feel about cameron, with jacoby moving over?

Bad move with Cam and Ellsbury. I would put Drew in left, Cameron in right, leave Ellsbury in center. Ellsbury is the best in that position, Drew is limited and the Green Monster may help him. With Cam's ability to grab balls over walls, right seems like a better fit....

Paps...maybe. He's still worth his salt. Bard, I like him and hope makes the team being a setup man first until something happens with Paps.

How about Beltre? Scutaro?

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Mar 10 2010, 12:50 PM)
Nomahhhhhhh retires with the Sox. He got some flack here for being a bit selfish and a " west coast guy", but i always liked Nomar.

http://www.necn.com/03/10/10/Dream-come-tr...718&feedID=4215

It was classy. I liked the idea of his retiring with the Sox. Nice move.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Mar 10 2010, 12:32 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Mar 10 2010, 12:50 PM)
Nomahhhhhhh retires with the Sox. He got some flack here for being a bit selfish and a " west coast guy", but i always liked Nomar.

http://www.necn.com/03/10/10/Dream-come-tr...718&feedID=4215

It was classy. I liked the idea of his retiring with the Sox. Nice move.

Hate the move very much. This is a guy who pissed and moaned his way out of town. All this was is a money grab for the Sox. Expect a Nomar day this year and anything the Sox can sell with his name or likeness on it up for sale. PATHETIC!