The Red Sox

Der Trommler

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehehehheeee...little did I know...

i had plans sunday to ride down to Danbury CT Sunday morning, 2&1/2 miserable hours on the interstate on a motorcycle but needed to get there early (9am) and didnt and couldnt get up at 3am to leave at 4am to take the sceneic route I prefer. So of course I got the game ready to go on Tivo. Thought about it and added like an hour and a half to the end of the game to account for an 11 or 12 inning game just in case.

Had a great time working on the bikes and bopping around some new roads so didnt leave till like 4pm but I had kind figured on that. And it did take that 5+ hours to get home. I was studiously avoiding any kinda news/sports web sites since I wouldnt be able to watch the game till Monday any way which worked well with All Star break, lessening the baseball withdrawal.

So.... I had no clue about this game and when I ran out of "tape" the CWS had just tied it up again...ARGGHHHH comp26.gif comp26.gif

I go to the Red Sox site expecting to see thatCWS had won it later that inning or better Boston pulls it out next inning...then I'm reading the account of a 19 inning back and forther....Aint there someway digital way to know when a particular broadcast has ended, the credits, beginning of the next show, dont they have different signals or waves or doodads???? Technology..cant live with it cant shoot it!!!

The words Tavarez and "four innings" just made me cringe but apparently he held things together. Maybe better off not having had to see that pitch by pitch.. unsure.gif

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jul 13 2006, 10:40 PM)
Red Sox lose another in extra innings.....and of all causes an error by Loretta!

but really, how is it that the Sox gave up any runs to the A's who have one of the worst offenses in all of baseball (and not just the majors). that was pathetic

The Bluebirds are coming ( sound of footsteps ) yes.gif

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jul 13 2006, 11:43 PM)
Red Sox lose another in extra innings.....and of all causes an error by Loretta!

but really, how is it that the Sox gave up any runs to the A's who have one of the worst offenses in all of baseball (and not just the majors).  that was pathetic

the Yankees are the ones to worry about the Jays.....Sox just hit a little hiccup, they'll be fine, and will still win the division, comfortably

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jul 13 2006, 10:45 PM)

but really, how is it that the Sox gave up any runs to the A's who have one of the worst offenses in all of baseball (and not just the majors).  that was pathetic

the Yankees are the ones to worry about the Jays.....Sox just hit a little hiccup, they'll be fine, and will still win the division, comfortably

yes.gif You just keep telling yourself that.

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jul 13 2006, 11:47 PM)

I will, and you keep telling yourself AJ Burnett won't make another trip to the DL this season.......

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jul 13 2006, 10:51 PM)
QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jul 13 2006, 11:47 PM)

I will, and you keep telling yourself AJ Burnett won't make another trip to the DL this season.......

You better hope he does yes.gif

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jul 14 2006, 10:15 PM)
Beckett looked like garbage tonight...and what happened to the bats?  that was pathetic

Hot streak is over tongue.gif

New season....some new players....Questions. Will Dice-K become the superstar he was paid to be? Will the pitching hold up beyond Dice-K? How about the bullpen? How's that? Will Drew hold up his end of the bargain? Will the Sox get another championship? Season for them starts 4/2. Excited about this season!

Dice-k....

10 K's

6 hits

1 Earned run

1 walk

7 innings

108 pitches

Sox win 4-1!!! YAY!!!! applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif common001.gif common001.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

nice way to wrap up the first series of the season, with a very strong performance from Dice-K, and a nice way for the Sox to recover from that disaster Schilling had to start the season. I think Schilling just proved why the Sox haven't extended his contract yet......

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Apr 6 2007, 01:26 AM)
nice way to wrap up the first series of the season, with a very strong performance from Dice-K, and a nice way for the Sox to recover from that disaster Schilling had to start the season. I think Schilling just proved why the Sox haven't extended his contract yet......

Schilling really needs to learn how to put his money where his mouth is. I mean he has done something incredible for the Sox when they won the World Series but he hasn't been good since then. He's been ok but still. If he wants a contract extension or any team to want him, he has to focus on how to win.

He didn't make any excuses for his loss but IF Dice-K becomes so solid that he is considered to be the #1 pitcher, it becomes so much more difficult for Schilling.

However, the weather has not been a friend to the players. It was something like 30 degrees out. I wouldn't say that can be conducive to good play....

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 7 2007, 10:35 AM)
Jeez Schilling only made one start so far and you're ready to hang him eyesre4.gif

it's only APRIL

and it's the Sox, players hitting .320 go 0-3 in the middle of July, and we're ready to hang them too. This is the same fan base that turned on Pedro Martinez at the end, that made Edgar Renteria practicaly cry. Schilling has a big mouth, and has possibly opened it and inserted foot. Fans (including myself) are going to hammer him for it until such time as he starts producing like he should if he wants his money. as for the weather factor, Dice-K and Beckett did alright in the Kansas City cold, so why was Schilling so bad?

enough about the front 3 though. How about that gem Wakefield turned in, and the Sox managed to get shut out. Not exactly a good sign for the offense. and then Saturday, Tavarez looked like crap. Lester can't come back soon enough.