The Red Sox

Der Trommler

beathorse.gif oh...it's supposed to be a baseball?! rofl3.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, not where it is being place right now....maybe if there were a FEMALE Red Sox team....then we're talking! rofl3.gif

good point....

well, sox are up 3-2 bttm 7, Schilling looked good....

also have to point this out, one of the Braves hitters, who is in his first game in the majors, has Tom Sawyer as his song when coming to the plate...only 2nd time I've ever heard a Rush song used in this manner- the other time was also TS, but it was former Red Sxo 3B Bill Mueller......

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 18 2006, 10:34 PM)
good point....

also have to point this out, one of the Braves hitters, who is in his first game in the majors, has Tom Sawyer as his song when coming to the plate...only 2nd time I've ever heard a Rush song used in this manner- the other time was also TS, but it was former Red Sxo 3B Bill Mueller......

There were a couple of others but I can't remember who they were...

wtf.gif what'd I miss? now it's 5-3 braves?

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 18 2006, 09:34 PM)
also have to point this out, one of the Braves hitters, who is in his first game in the majors, has Tom Sawyer as his song when coming to the plate

sounded like the remix version yes.gif

p.s. ddin't know it was his 1st game no.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jun 18 2006, 10:59 PM)
QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 18 2006, 09:34 PM)
also have to point this out, one of the Braves hitters, who is in his first game in the majors, has Tom Sawyer as his song when coming to the plate

sounded like the remix version yes.gif

p.s. ddin't know it was his 1st game no.gif

trink39.gif

interesting....

yep, bottom of the 7th, it was 3-2 Sox, they brought in Delcarmen who got 2 outs and put someone on base, they brought in the new guy they got from Chicago for Riske, who walked the lone batter he faced, and then Francona must have decided they should lose this game (and follow suit with the rest of the division- everyone lost), because he brought in Seanez...he sucks, they need to just eat the money and release him now, along with Tavarez, I'd rather have David McCarty pitching than either one of them.....

good news is......Lowell just got a pinch hit double to center to take the lead at 6-5 woot...and Cora just went up the middle for a double to get the 7th run

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 18 2006, 11:04 PM)
4 runs scored with 2 out, and the 2 outs were Ortiz and Ramirez to start the inning......looks like the offense is coming alive campers.....

odd that the two outs would be those two but....it's like the Braves said, "alright! Now we can relax...."

I guess they did!

good point....

Greg Zaun of the Jays has Limelight as his song...He just recently got a chance to meet Geddy...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...c=14744&hl=Zaun

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 18 2006, 11:19 PM)
good point....

Greg Zaun of the Jays has Limelight as his song...He just recently got a chance to meet Geddy...

That's awesome....hey test...we have the AAA affiliates of the Jays here. Manchester Fishercat....what is a fishercat?

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 18 2006, 11:35 PM)
Timlin almost blew it.....maybe they brought him off the DL too soon.....but Paplebon came in and shut the door in the 8th, 1 inning to go and a three run lead.....

fishercat...isn't it a type of bird? confused13.gif

I think so....not sure confused13.gif

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 18 2006, 11:25 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 18 2006, 11:19 PM)
good point....

That's awesome....hey test...we have the AAA affiliates of the Jays here. Manchester Fishercat....what is a fishercat?

I don't know confused13.gif

but apparently this is what it looks like

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/hemispheres2005/FC02.jpg

http://home.mcn.net/~wtu/fisher.html

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 18 2006, 11:56 PM)
it's over, Sox win 10-7

and I'd like to officially kick off the Paplebon for MVP campaign

He's doing well.....he will be someone that holds up well down the road!

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 18 2006, 09:49 PM)
why, please dear god tell me why does Francona insist on running Seanez out there to give up gopher balls every single time? 3-2 lead became a 5-3 deficit in one hitter after Seanez came in...god he stinks

While I'm no fan of Seanez if you put a gun to my head (bout the only way I'd make THIS decision) and said we could only get rid of him or Tavarez, I'd sure as hell keep Seanez. He's been far from consistent but at least less inconsistent than Tavarez.

What really freaked the hell out of me was in the bottom of the eighth, tavarez and Paplebon were both warming up in the pen and you see Francona heading to the mound, 2 outs and I think 1st and 3rd??.. I'm thinking "He isnt gonna pull a Grady Little here and put Tavarez in no, no farging (edited!!) way".

Then Pap trots out of the pen and I swear I heard the entire Red Sox Nation breath a collective sigh of relief.... b_sigh.gif

QUOTE (Want2bLikeBrutus @ Jun 19 2006, 01:23 PM)
QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 18 2006, 09:49 PM)
why, please dear god tell me why does Francona insist on running Seanez out there to give up gopher balls every single time?  3-2 lead became a 5-3 deficit in one hitter after Seanez came in...god he stinks

While I'm no fan of Seanez if you put a gun to my head (bout the only way I'd make THIS decision) and said we could only get rid of him or Tavarez, I'd sure as hell keep Seanez. He's been far from consistent but at least less inconsistent than Tavarez.

What really freaked the hell out of me was in the bottom of the eighth, tavarez and Paplebon were both warming up in the pen and you see Francona heading to the mound, 2 outs and I think 1st and 3rd??.. I'm thinking "He isnt gonna pull a Grady Little here and put Tavarez in no, no farging (edited!!) way".

Then Pap trots out of the pen and I swear I heard the entire Red Sox Nation breath a collective sigh of relief.... b_sigh.gif

I remember THOSE days! ohmy.gif rofl3.gif

poor Grady Little, it's been 3 years and a World Seires win, and he still can't get away from the rap of bad bullpen moves...that's because he made someof the worst in history.......

am I the only one scared by the fact the starter tonight is a cast off from the Kansas City Royals? let me say that again, the Sox are in such dire need of pitching, they signed a guy that wasn't good enough to play for the abyssmal KC Royals.....oh boyt this could get ugly tonight