The Red Sox

Der Trommler

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 15 2006, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Jun 15 2006, 09:19 PM)
the sox are america's team this year...at least on television. i've never seen so many national broadcasts no.gif

cheer.gif

where are my joe morgan fans?  biggrin.gif

joe morgan? joe morgan?? one of the three worst baseball broadcasters in all the world, and one of the 4 worst sportscasters ever....my god he's an idiot

He doesn't even come close to Hawk Harrelson, the White Sox announcer, when it comes to worst announcers. And I can certainly tolerate him more than I can tolerate Tim McCarver.

I'm sure daveyt will agree with me that Vin Scully is the best baseball announcer of all time, though.

Edited by anagramking

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jun 15 2006, 10:48 PM)
the sox are america's team this year...at least on television. i've never seen so many national broadcasts no.gif

cheer.gif

joe morgan? joe morgan?? one of the three worst baseball broadcasters in all the world, and one of the 4 worst sportscasters ever....my god he's an idiot

He doesn't even come close to Hawk Harrelson, the White Sox announcer, when it comes to worst announcers. And I can certainly tolerate him more than I can tolerate Tim McCarver.

I'm sure daveyt will agree with me that Vin Scully is the best baseball announcer of all time, though.

Never heard.....sorry....

so it's the bottom of the 9th, and Manny's up with 2 down and Ortiz on, 2 down.....had to know the way they've been sucking he'd whiff to end the game.....please explain to me how the Red Sox just got swept by the Twins???

as for broadcasters, Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are 2 of the worst, simply because they are the biggest Yankee rump swabs going, that aren't emplyed by Steinbrenner.....Joe Morgan is just annoying and talks in cirlces with no point what so ever. You are right though the White Sox guy is horrible, he can put this moon.gif on the board- YES!

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 15 2006, 11:01 PM)
so it's the bottom of the 9th, and Manny's up with 2 down and Ortiz on, 2 down.....had to know the way they've been sucking he'd whiff to end the game.....please explain to me how the Red Sox just got swept by the Twins???

as for broadcasters, Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are 2 of the worst, simply because they are the biggest Yankee rump swabs going, that aren't emplyed by Steinbrenner.....Joe Morgan is just annoying and talks in cirlces with no point what so ever. You are right though the White Sox guy is horrible, he can put this moon.gif on the board- YES!

Unfortunately, it happens.... angry.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 15 2006, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 15 2006, 07:14 PM)
If Sox lose tonite that means Jays and Sox will be tied and only 1 game behind Yanks!  common001.gif  GO JAYS!

cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif 1287.gif

Once the Jay's pitching rotation gets over the injuries WATCH OUT!

Test, this is my 2,112th post & I'm gonna use it on you!

You're gonna lose! (think the kid from A league of the Own)

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 15 2006, 11:23 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 15 2006, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 15 2006, 07:14 PM)
If Sox lose tonite that means Jays and Sox will be tied and only 1 game behind Yanks!  common001.gif  GO JAYS!

cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif 1287.gif

Once the Jay's pitching rotation gets over the injuries WATCH OUT!

Test, this is my 2,112th post & I'm gonna use it on you!

You're gonna lose! (think the kid from A league of the Own)

Talk to me in September tongue.gif 1287.gif

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 16 2006, 03:14 AM)
and the last time the Blue Jays finished ahead of the Sox in the standings was....

1994...but that is the past...the point is for once it's not just about Yanks and Bosox. This year's Jays team is the best since the World Series years ('92-93)...If they had Burnett and Chacin heatlhy who knows the Jays would be in first place right now....It is still pretty early but it's nice to see them in the thick of things this late in the year and I believe they will be hanging tough for the upcoming pennant race...

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

Crap ! 4 in a row....at least the Bankees lost too tongue.gif

The Sox pitching staff is dwindling ! The Arroyo deal is looking bad right now. Only Schilling and Papelbon are healthy...

"Schilling and Pap, then 4 days of crap"

At least Jon Lester is going tonight (?), so he should be fun to watch.

trink38.gif

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 15 2006, 10:01 PM)
Joe Morgan is just annoying and talks in cirlces with no point what so ever. You are right though the White Sox guy is horrible, he can put this moon.gif on the board- YES!

z7shysterical.gif i hate the hawk!

cheer.gif

i like him because he's an ahole! and he'll go out of his way to support the black man...even if he is wrong. what a ******! furthermore, he's really conceited so that makes him my hero.

z7shysterical.gif i was hoping someone would comment on joe.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 15 2006, 09:23 PM)

cheer.gif

Most Boston teams never really got national broadcast. They usually get creamed when they do. angry.gif

the fruits of winning a championship yes.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 16 2006, 05:08 AM)
QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 16 2006, 03:14 AM)
and the last time the Blue Jays finished ahead of the Sox in the standings was....

1994...but that is the past...the point is for once it's not just about Yanks and Bosox. This year's Jays team is the best since the World Series years ('92-93)...If they had Burnett and Chacin heatlhy who knows the Jays would be in first place right now....It is still pretty early but it's nice to see them in the thick of things this late in the year and I believe they will be hanging tough for the upcoming pennant race...

Test, you have a point...this is really the first I've seen such a tight race in the AL East. I'm happy & actually would rather the Jays & Sox make it with the Yanks kicked out moon.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Planet X-1 @ Jun 16 2006, 07:20 AM)
Crap ! 4 in a row....at least the Bankees lost too tongue.gif

The Sox pitching staff is dwindling ! The Arroyo deal is looking bad right now. Only Schilling and Papelbon are healthy...

"Schilling and Pap, then 4 days of crap"

At least Jon Lester is going tonight (?), so he should be fun to watch.

trink38.gif

Yeah, but it's not just pitching. The hitting is not exactly there either, When it is...the pitching goes. They need to pull together & get both happening!

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jun 16 2006, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 15 2006, 09:23 PM)

cheer.gif

Most Boston teams never really got national broadcast. They usually get creamed when they do. angry.gif

the fruits of winning a championship yes.gif

rofl3.gif

Sox are up 4-0 against the former Boston team..... cheer.gif common001.gif cheer.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Jun 16 2006, 10:16 PM)
Not a big baseball fan.
But i see the red sox are doing pretty good.
Go sox.

Woo-hoo! They won! Hey, I see you're a hockey fan! How about trying out some trivia?

thank god, the Sox finally won a game....goddamn I hate interleague play, but if the Sox can beat up on the Nats, Marlins and Phillies, I'll take it I guess.....

as to the Jays staying in contention...hasn't every year since like 1999 been the year the Jays might hang around and do something.....only they fall back below .500 around mid august? I'm just saying, until the Jays show they can finish above .500, and they get their entire rotation healthy I 'm not taking them that serisously anymore...besides, hasn't every year been the year the Yankees would lose the division? hasn't happened since 1995.......

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 17 2006, 12:46 AM)
thank god, the Sox finally won a game....goddamn I hate interleague play, but if the Sox can beat up on the Nats, Marlins and Phillies, I'll take it I guess.....

as to the Jays staying in contention...hasn't every year since like 1999 been the year the Jays might hang around and do something.....only they fall back below .500 around mid august? I'm just saying, until the Jays show they can finish above .500, and they get their entire rotation healthy I 'm not taking them that serisously anymore...besides, hasn't every year been the year the Yankees would lose the division? hasn't happened since 1995.......

This would be that LUCK factor I speak about. It's almost impossible to do this unless there is somethig behind it wink.gif

well sure there is something behind it- skill, good players, good manager, good GM (when not being overridden by his owner), and sure a few breaks going your way....I don't belive in luck in anything....that said sometimes I think the baseball gods went on vacatuion without forwarding adress and left the devil in charge, who is obviously a Yankees fan.......

Speaking of bad luck:

The Minnesota Twins got a little help from above to complete their first three-game sweep of the Boston Red Sox in 12 years.

Boston slugger David Ortiz crushed a ball that was headed toward the upper deck before it crashed into a speaker hanging from the Metrodome's ceiling, and fell for a harmless single.

That play summed up the Red Sox's frustration as Minnesota finished a three-game sweep with a 5-3 victory Thursday night.

"It's like playing putt-putt golf where you've got to go around the windmill. ... That's embarrassing. The outcome of the game should never, never hinge on a speaker. That's stupid," Boston manager Terry Francona said.

Added Ortiz, a former Twin who chucked his elbow pad toward the dugout in disgust after arriving at first base: "Thank God I only play three games here."

Minnesota, which has won four in a row and six out of seven, exerted plenty of effort, too. Joe Nathan pitched two stressful innings for his eighth save in as many opportunities, striking out Manny Ramirez (for the second time) with a runner on to finish.

"A confidence-builder for sure," Nathan said. "Hopefully this continues a little trend and we can ride this wave right now and go on the road and play better than we have."