The Red Sox

Der Trommler

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 25 2006, 04:56 PM)
game postponed & there's a double-header on Monday? One is with the Phillies the other with the Mets!

tick is counting on the Mets to see him through. Sox need to get some more wins to keep the Yanks off their back. I'll settle for a win against Philly & a 2 out of 3 against the Mets. Should bolster us enough....

well look at the bright side , at least buckners not playing first base. rofl3.gif lets go mets ! 1022.gif and make no mistake about it , no matter what happens in boston the mets are the team to beat this year ! good luck to you.

Edited by tick

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woah, I thought the Sox-Mets series started on tuesday, not monday...what the hell is that scheduling?

and no, Buckner is not at first, the soon to be 2006 winner of the AL gold glove is at first- that's right, I'm calling it now, Youkilis wins the hardware!!

btw, the Mets might be the team to beat in the NL, but the NL is a weak league this year. The AL is going to win the All Star Game and the Series, no matter whether it's Red Sox, Yankees, White Sox, Tigers, A's or Jays.

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 25 2006, 05:12 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 25 2006, 04:56 PM)
game postponed & there's a double-header on Monday? One is with the Phillies the other with the Mets!

tick is counting on the Mets to see him through. Sox need to get some more wins to keep the Yanks off their back. I'll settle for a win against Philly & a 2 out of 3 against the Mets. Should bolster us enough....

well look at the bright side , at least buckners not playing first base. rofl3.gif lets go mets ! 1022.gif and make no mistake about it , no matter what happens in boston the mets are the team to beat this year ! good luck to you.

The Mets are one of the best....Sox ranks up there...Good luck to you too!

Buckner!!! AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH wacko.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 25 2006, 07:54 PM)
woah, I thought the Sox-Mets series started on tuesday, not monday...what the hell is that scheduling?

and no, Buckner is not at first, the soon to be 2006 winner of the AL gold glove is at first- that's right, I'm calling it now, Youkilis wins the hardware!!

btw, the Mets might be the team to beat in the NL, but the NL is a weak league this year. The AL is going to win the All Star Game and the Series, no matter whether it's Red Sox, Yankees, White Sox, Tigers, A's or Jays.

They may have bumped it because of the rain out with Phillies but the Mets game was slated for Monday @ 1:05pm & The make up game with the Phillies is 11:05am....go figure!!!

I am hoping that the AL looks like this at the end of the year:

AL East-Red Sox

AL Central-White Sox

AL West- A's

Wild Card-Jay's

It's time the Jay's get some action & the Yanks don't!!! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 25 2006, 09:33 PM)
according to the red sox web site, the Phillies make-up is tommorrow at 1:05 PM, the Mets are in town for tuesday, wednesday, and thursday......

Well, that's dumb....I'd rather get it over. I read that wrong. I thought they were going to do a double header....

Again, outside of interleague and playoffs I usually dont see more than one or two NL games a year, so I officially disqualify myself as any sort of expert on the NL.

I dont think we wont have seen anything truly competetive from our Nl opponents until Tuesday. I think the phillies were the one NL loss so far. Swept the Braves, first 2 from Philly this time. The Braves this year arent the Braves of the past and the Phillies dont have much beyond some home run pop.

Unlike Damon, I'm (sorta) looking forward to seeing Pedro pitch again especially if its against Schilling.

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 25 2006, 10:40 PM)
Yankess are losing 5-0 in the 8th.....GO MARLINS!

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif GO Marlins!!!!

LEt's hope for this!!!!! GO RED SOX!!!!

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 26 2006, 06:04 PM)
well, a wild one at Fenway, ends with Big Papi coming through in extras...again. My question, how long til Ortiz starts getting the official Barry Bonds intentional walk treatment?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. His batting average has suffered this year.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jun 26 2006, 07:54 PM)
well, a wild one at Fenway, ends with Big Papi coming through in extras...again.  My question, how long til Ortiz starts getting the official Barry Bonds intentional walk treatment?

yes, but late in games, would you want to face him?

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 26 2006, 06:57 PM)
well, a wild one at Fenway, ends with Big Papi coming through in extras...again.  My question, how long til Ortiz starts getting the official Barry Bonds intentional walk treatment?

I wouldn't walk him to face Manny, that's for sure.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jun 26 2006, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jun 26 2006, 06:57 PM)

I wouldn't walk him to face Manny, that's for sure.

depends on who the pitcher is, if it's a right hander, walk Ortiz, and face the right handed Manny, if it's a lefty you pitch to Ortiz, have to play the percentages on it. Also have to consider that Ortiz has the rep for coming through in tight spots and late innings/extras. Manny is a great hitter, but Ortiz now has the rep. either way it's playing with fire. This is why Bonds got walked so much during his big (steroid) homerun years, because there was no consistantly great hitter behind him- with the Sox lineup, no one player will hit 70 out of the park, but 5 or 6 will hit 20-30 or more....and that is much more dangerous yes.gif