Music from Poland

frouse

Well, it's just like I thought..

Still, though, I'm waiting for some more names.

By the way, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1, Polka is not a Polish one, whatever it is, so there's nothing to boast about! biggrin.gif

Hey! Yeah! Behemoth kills! I used to be a keen death metal fan, but that was when Vader came to the fore. Now I'm not that much in this style, but still really like some bands, like Behemoth.

I'm not much surprised, however, that it was you, BUP, who first mentioned the band, as Sweden has a really rich and interesting DM scene. Therion and Entombed have always been one of my favourites!

Christopher Johnson-what a composer 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Snowman @ Sep 9 2007, 11:21 AM)
Dont tell me nobody here have heard about Riverside???

If you have not, check them out here:

Riverside - Acronym Love

Riverside - Reality Dream I

Riverside - Reality Dream II

Lots of other vids at youtube.

I've heard of them and I bought Second Life Syndrome and hated it...ugh

062802puke_prv.gif

I remember a pop-band named "Hey!" some years ago, they had an album called "sic" which featured a (terrible IMHO) Blondie cover...

A good, dark band are (or were? I heard them when I was in Poland years ago) Swietliky, sort of Nick Cave-ish...

Also I remember a female singer-songwriter with a punk attitude... The name eludes me now, I'll have to go and check the CD... be back tomorrow...

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 11 2007, 09:31 AM)
I've heard lots of Vader - just never new they were Polish. Cool!

Quite the gory album cover too! Haven't seen that many freakazoid mutants since Cradle of Filth - Cradle to Enslave video.

Vader does a KILLER cover of Slayer Raining Blood btw.

Indeed

trink39.gif

Thanks for the comments. I must say I was really surprised when I saw one of YOU mention Renata Przemyk or HEY...

As I thought, VADER, BEHEMOTH and RIVERSIDE are now among the best-known bands from Poland.

BUT, check out DIVISION BY ZERO! This one is absolutely awesome!

http://www.divisionbyzero.pl/news_en.php

QUOTE (frouse @ Sep 19 2007, 11:02 AM)
I must say I was really surprised when I saw one of YOU mention Renata Przemyk or HEY...

Thank you! It's just that everywhere I go, I make a point to bring home some music from that country. So those were the CDs that a guy in a record shop in Krakow suggested. biggrin.gif I like Renata, I have to say... and Swietliky too.

On the other hand, I was really surprised by the general high quality of record shops in Poland... I remember I found Ataraxia's COMPLETE discography... something I could only dream about in Italy...

Oh yes, quality of record shops in Poland has improved in the last decade or so. The sad thing about it is that not everone can afford many releases they would love to get.

By the way, H.P.L, what are your favourites as regards Italian rock?

Goblin and PFM are among the bands I really love listening to. There are so many others... but "Roller" by Goblin and the latest release of PFM are really amazing!

Archived