Favorite Horror Film Of All Time...

2112-Rob-2112

What is your favorite Horror Film of all time

Ive seen so many...but the one that sticks out right now is saw

No movies are scary to me but I know this was a horror/thriller and the story and the clues and everything was just awesome...and for a movie that was only made in 8 days..it was amazing..and the ending was great. Saw is going to be a cult classic one of these days.

I've been hearing kudos for an older flick called "Black Christmas." I'd like to see it; it's supposed to be one of the scariest Horror movies ever... and without much blood.

That's the way it is for me. You can have your Freddie and Jason hack-and-slay films; suspense and building fear is much much scarier to me.

Two films that I thought were stupid; stay away:

Deadly Friend (a Wes Craven flick with Kristy Swanson)

Blair Witch Project (Omigod! Leaves and sticks really scare me!)

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Feb 13 2006, 11:08 PM)
I've been hearing kudos for an older flick called "Black Christmas." I'd like to see it; it's supposed to be one of the scariest Horror movies ever... and without much blood.

That's the way it is for me. You can have your Freddie and Jason hack-and-slay films; suspense and building fear is much much scarier to me.

Two films that I thought were stupid; stay away:
Deadly Friend (a Wes Craven flick with Kristy Swanson)
Blair Witch Project (Omigod! Leaves and sticks really scare me!)

Ive heard of Black Christmas too..iI heard it was realllly old and i cant remembr much about waht i heard about it lol...And i really dont like wes craven..the only good movie from him was Red Eye...that was a great movie

And in Nightmare on elm street you can see a shot of a grace under pressure poster that was pretty cool..but i never seen it but ive seen other freddy movies and they are just horrid..and i seen the They movie and that sucked too lol.

Evil Dead 2, so much so that my 14yr old boy is named Ash after the character!

Prince Of Darkness is really good too along with the other two Evil Deads (Evil Dead and Army Of Darkness).

One of the most frightening for me was scared.gif The Thing-and this one I think is the greatest of all times... If there's such at all . unsure.gif

The Shining, The Exorcist and The Hound of the Baskervilles are also very good! yes.gif

Hack and slash movies are not scary....they are shocking

The movies that I believe are the scariest are the ones that deal with subject matter such as the occult or true good vs pure evil in my opinion scared.gif

I think the Exorcist was without doubt the scariest movie ever made....I have read posts before elsewhere where some find it stupid or just not scary and I truly don't understand....if someone who reads this post found this movie not scary or just plain ridiculous could you enlighten me as to how you could feel this way???? wtf.gif

I think if anyone were to watch this movie alone in a room without telephone or conversation to interrupt them they would be completely freaked out....I happened to catch the directors cut i.e., "the version you have never seen" last week alone and I swear I heard every noise in my house....I was completely freaked out! scared.gif

Other notables: The Omen, The Ring (the first time my phone rang after watching this I must admit I felt freaked out!) scared.gif

I don't really like zombie type horror films, so false

My fave's are:

Silence of the Lambs

Hannibal

Saw

Reservoir Dogs

(if you can count Reservoir dogs as horror unsure.gif ) - there's certainly a lot of blood anyway laugh.gif

Edited by rickyrob

some of the best ....

1. the exorcist

2. the shining

3. hellraiser

4. nightmare on elm street.(the original.)

5. poltergeist

6. the ring

7. bram stokers dracula

QUOTE (vital signz @ Feb 14 2006, 09:05 AM)
Hack and slash movies are not scary....they are shocking

The movies that I believe are the scariest are the ones that deal with subject matter such as the occult or true good vs pure evil in my opinion scared.gif

I think the Exorcist was without doubt the scariest movie ever made....I have read posts before elsewhere where some find it stupid or just not scary and I truly don't understand....if someone who reads this post found this movie not scary or just plain ridiculous could you enlighten me as to how you could feel this way???? wtf.gif

I think if anyone were to watch this movie alone in a room without telephone or conversation to interrupt them they would be completely freaked out....I happened to catch the directors cut i.e., "the version you have never seen" last week alone and I swear I heard every noise in my house....I was completely freaked out! scared.gif

Other notables: The Omen, The Ring (the first time my phone rang after watching this I must admit I felt freaked out!) scared.gif

Exorcist was an awesome movie...I saw it when I was like 10... The reason I didint really find it scary..was mainly beacuse a little girl was strapped to a bed..not going anywhere or moving or anything...that is why I really didint find it scary..All they really did was confront the devil on a bed. There was really no jumpy parts. The only parts that really got me in that movie were when they kept showing the pazuzu face and with the old grandma on the bed..that was pretty creepy aha.

QUOTE (queenshall @ Feb 14 2006, 09:08 AM)
AlienSmiley.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Alien still scares me SH*****S, even though I know what's coming next!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

That and Aliens are my favorite horror/sci-fi movies, although Aliens was more prone to action and a few jumpy moments here and there. Good stuff. yes.gif

The Shining

The Thing

The Village

The Haunting

Poltergeist

Resident Evil

Alien

Doom

Edited by progrush2112

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Feb 20 2006, 12:59 PM)
The Shining
The Thing
The Village
The Haunting
Poltergeist
Resident Evil
Alien
Doom

wow

The Village?

I dont see how that movie was scary at all definatly when you find out the ending.