Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

Well, today is the day...The kick-off of the BC&SL World Tour...first show is at the Sweden Rock Festival. I cannot wait to hear about the show. Wonder if they will bust out anything other than 'ARoP' from BC&SL??!!

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Jun 6 2009, 04:10 PM)
Well, today is the day...The kick-off of the BC&SL World Tour...first show is at the Sweden Rock Festival. I cannot wait to hear about the show. Wonder if they will bust out anything other than 'ARoP' from BC&SL??!!

SETLIST SPOILER

In The Presence Of Enemies Pt. 1

Beyond This Life

A Rite Of Passage

Hollow Years (Improv. Jam)

Caught In A Web

Erotomania

Voices

Solitary Shell

Constant Motion

Metropolis

QUOTE (PlaysLikeMyung @ Jun 6 2009, 11:49 PM)
QUOTE (yyzyy @ Jun 6 2009, 04:10 PM)
Well, today is the day...The kick-off of the BC&SL World Tour...first show is at the Sweden Rock Festival.  I cannot wait to hear about the show.  Wonder if they will bust out anything other than 'ARoP' from BC&SL??!!

SETLIST SPOILER

In The Presence Of Enemies Pt. 1

Beyond This Life

A Rite Of Passage

Hollow Years (Improv. Jam)

Caught In A Web

Erotomania

Voices

Solitary Shell

Constant Motion

Metropolis

Voices ohmy.gif Cool!

I hope i get that one at my show yes.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jun 3 2009, 01:48 PM)
QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ Jun 3 2009, 02:29 PM)
The new DT, it's out?

It was leaked,

It's Officially out on the 23rd

Oh, I hate when they leak like that. I wind up getting too much DT all over my Pork Tree and Opeth. I'm a military man. I like my peas and carrots seperated by dividers and such.

I found a place where I can sample 'A Nightmare To Remember' & 'A Rite Of Passage'. That's enough to ingest for now. Got the first selection on right now. Sounds like Dream Theater. Sounds very much like Dream Theater. Problem for me is that I was a little bored with this group and sincerely desired reinvention on some level for them. It all has become so predictable. I'm sure that I'll approve of whatever they've come up with again. It's never bad. It just never varies much from session to session. 'Train Of Thought' was the last time I saw them try something different.

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ Jun 7 2009, 01:38 PM)
I found a place where I can sample 'A Nightmare To Remember' & 'A Rite Of Passage'. That's enough to ingest for now. Got the first selection on right now. Sounds like Dream Theater. Sounds very much like Dream Theater. Problem for me is that I was a little bored with this group and sincerely desired reinvention on some level for them. It all has become so predictable. I'm sure that I'll approve of whatever they've come up with again. It's never bad. It just never varies much from session to session. 'Train Of Thought' was the last time I saw them try something different.

Ever hear of the phrase..........

"If It ain't broke, don't fix it"

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 8 2009, 01:02 PM)
I found a place where I can sample 'A Nightmare To Remember' & 'A Rite Of Passage'.  That's enough to ingest for now.  Got the first selection on right now.  Sounds like Dream Theater.  Sounds very much like Dream Theater.  Problem for me is that I was a little bored with this group and sincerely desired reinvention on some level for them.  It all has become so predictable.  I'm sure that I'll approve of whatever they've come up with again.  It's never bad.  It just never varies much from session to session.  'Train Of Thought' was the last time I saw them try something different.

Well it's broke...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 8 2009, 12:19 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 8 2009, 01:02 PM)
I found a place where I can sample 'A Nightmare To Remember' & 'A Rite Of Passage'.  That's enough to ingest for now.  Got the first selection on right now.  Sounds like Dream Theater.  Sounds very much like Dream Theater.  Problem for me is that I was a little bored with this group and sincerely desired reinvention on some level for them.  It all has become so predictable.  I'm sure that I'll approve of whatever they've come up with again.  It's never bad.  It just never varies much from session to session.  'Train Of Thought' was the last time I saw them try something different.

Well it's broke...

laugh.gif

eh.gif sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 8 2009, 02:47 PM)
Anyhoo........... My review of "Awake" is posted in the Dream Theater in Review Thread........

check it out HERE

And a fine review it is, of probably DT's best album. Space Dye Vest I must reiterate is a masterpiece. Dark and moody. Just like Kevin Moore. And Voices is one of my favorites as well especially lyrically.

No friggen Detroit dates announced for prog nation tour yet. Nearest shows are in Toronto or Chicago. Hmmmm. Decisions, decisions...

This is the first time in history SE Michigan is possibly skipped... sad.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jun 8 2009, 02:20 PM)
No friggen Detroit dates announced for prog nation tour yet. Nearest shows are in Toronto or Chicago. Hmmmm. Decisions, decisions...
This is the first time in history SE Michigan is possibly skipped... sad.gif

unfortunately, since the tour has already started, it's unlikely that there will be a Michigan show. I think Mike said something about that on his forum a few weeks back...

Sorry dude, but travel! It's totally worth it.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!

My copy of "Notes On A Dream" came it today!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot wait to listen to this!http://media.musictoday.com/store/bands/93/product_medium/JUDD01.JPG

Edited by The Owl

take your fingers from my hair from ZEBRA is the new cover song. pretty cool

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 8 2009, 07:55 PM)
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!

My copy of "Notes On A Dream" came it today!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot wait to listen to this!http://media.musictoday.com/store/bands/93/product_medium/JUDD01.JPG

WOW...

JR's many years at Juliard have paid off.... This is a beautiful release.... The arrangments of the DT ballads is epic.... proving once more that Rudess is nothing short of a genius in Wizard's clothing...

The arrangement of "Hollow Years", and "The Spirit Carries On" are the best of the album, but everything else is almost as good...

I know it is only available on his site (for now at least), but I strongly suggest to pick this one up.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 9 2009, 05:36 PM)
take your fingers from my hair from ZEBRA is the new cover song. pretty cool

I wonder why they didn't choose The La La Song. That is probably Zebra's proggiest.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 11 2009, 07:16 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 9 2009, 05:36 PM)
take your fingers from my hair from ZEBRA is the new cover song.  pretty cool

I wonder why they didn't choose The La La Song. That is probably Zebra's proggiest.

they are already doing a KING CRIMSON song and they already put out a DIXIE DREGS song, they prob think thats enough. i hear ya, ZEBRA has better songs