The official Hilda thread...

Tick

Its nice to see "The Eternal Flame" stopped by and made a rare post today. Nice to know your still out there hilda ! 1022.gif atickhum.gif music.gif

27 guests, 53 members 4 anonymous members

gleamingalloyaircar81, Lady April, hilda, raygun47, snowdog2112, anagramking, theworkingman, yetz, Per2112, ReRushed, liquidcrystalcompass, derailpb, mazyyz, LoneStar Boogie, MCM, sullysue, rcbassist39, priest_of_syrinx, soycd, Alsgalpal, Wilderness_of_Mirrors, skyswing, Larks, Storm Shadow, padfoot, yyz311, launchpad67a, Gov, Attomar, Digital Man, pt2112, VagabondUZ, Big Al 2112, telegraphcreeklocal, lambsbreath, hunter, Jen Sawyer, Finding IT, HemisphericOne, Erebus, pm1970, Fallen Catkin, vaportrail, rockitmarty, PariahDog, ofsalesmen, PhilCastro, db99, Merely Space, tangy, Marathonist, Jack Aubrey, Gompers

Show detailed by: Last Click, Member Name

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 5 2006, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (thestand @ Jan 5 2006, 02:30 PM)
QUOTE (CanEHdian @ Jan 5 2006, 02:21 PM)
1022.gif BAKE THE ROLLS Hilda 1022.gif

Who the hell IS Hilda anyway?  confused13.gif

biggrin.gif

hilda is !..... well ....hilda and she will return !

there was this time when hilda said , hey im listening to rush ! , and i like said , really thats cool !

so, what did make you select hilda for the honor of such a monumental thread?

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 7 2008, 07:59 PM)

biggrin.gif

there was this time when hilda said , hey im listening to rush ! , and i like said , really thats cool !

It was her birthday and I started a birthday thread, and when I realized she had not posted in some time I started a thread for her in hopes of her return.(kinda like the Great Pumpkin) The thread became a cult legend that was the cool place to be, and be seen. As the legend grew, it bacame even more fun to dream of a day that this almost mythical figure would actually resurface again. Then one day the almost fictional yet real character returned to the shock and awe of everyone. In the end, the thread was a creation of the insanity I put forth on a regular basis in my early days on the board. I can only hope hilda finds it funny and not offensive, and realizes it was all in good fun. trink39.gif atickhum.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jul 7 2008, 09:09 PM)

biggrin.gif

It was her birthday and I started a birthday thread, and when I realized she had not posted in some time I started a thread for her in hopes of her return.(kinda like the Great Pumpkin) The thread became a cult legend that was the cool place to be, and be seen. As the legend grew, it bacame even more fun to dream of a day that this almost mythical figure would actually resurface again. Then one day the almost fictional yet real character returned to the shock and awe of everyone. In the end, the thread was a creation of the insanity I put forth on a regular basis in my early days on the board. I can only hope hilda finds it funny and not offensive, and realizes it was all in good fun. trink39.gif atickhum.gif

She thought it was hilarious. Though some of it made her cringe, she realized that the majority of it was just us being nutjobs.

I talked with her extensively on several occassions and she read every page of this and even shared it with her family and friends. She was seriously honored that we brought her to cult-like status. laugh.gif

She hopes that we someday can all meetup at a show. I thought she'd be on the board for the '08 tour, but as far as I can tell, she never logged in. Maybe cus she seen them twice last tour. I dunno. But I'm hoping that she'll be around the next tour.

Luv ya' Hilda. wub.gif

2.gif

1022.gif

Jul 8 2008, 02:12 AM

1-0-0-1-0-0-1, hilda, Ya_Big_Tree, Disco, doublereeder, Crane, drewb93, Oziumrules, yaoi_myantidrug, Enemy Within 77, The_Analog_Kid, rushman321, big lou, Fridge, Steevo, Samurai Drifter, tHobbs, carmetics, lambsbreath, alphseeker, New World Kid, rcbassist39, PuppetKing2112, MainMonkeyMan, hunter, Jon, Geddyfan13, sullysue, The Owl, udanax, metaldad, shaun3701, Weakly Criminal, jiggityjames

ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 7 2008, 10:21 PM)

biggrin.gif

She thought it was hilarious. Though some of it made her cringe, she realized that the majority of it was just us being nutjobs.

I talked with her extensively on several occassions and she read every page of this and even shared it with her family and friends. She was seriously honored that we brought her to cult-like status. laugh.gif

She hopes that we someday can all meetup at a show. I thought she'd be on the board for the '08 tour, but as far as I can tell, she never logged in. Maybe cus she seen them twice last tour. I dunno. But I'm hoping that she'll be around the next tour.

Luv ya' Hilda. wub.gif

2.gif

1022.gif

Necro, she made a post today ! atickhum.gif music.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jul 8 2008, 07:03 AM)

biggrin.gif

Luv ya' Hilda. wub.gif

2.gif

1022.gif

Hilda PM'd me looking to do some Puffin' at the YYZ 2.gif show wink.gif tongue.gif

1022.gif cool10.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Jul 8 2008, 10:10 AM)

biggrin.gif

Luv ya' Hilda. wub.gif

2.gif

1022.gif

Hilda PM'd me looking to do some Puffin' at the YYZ 2.gif show wink.gif tongue.gif

would you two be willing to do any of these puffins?

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w39/DaveGoodwin/Wildlife/Puffin-5.jpg

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 8 2008, 07:32 PM)
QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Jul 8 2008, 10:10 AM)

biggrin.gif

Luv ya' Hilda. wub.gif

2.gif

1022.gif

would you two be willing to do any of these puffins?

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w39/DaveGoodwin/Wildlife/Puffin-5.jpg

I can't speak for Hilda, but I'm not really into 'puffin' Puffins tongue.gif

cool10.gif

QUOTE (hilda @ Jul 9 2008, 01:58 PM)
I will be there to bake the rolls!!! sec.102 row 3 seat 34 . did not sleep at all last night, way excited. See you all there !!!!!

OH YEAH ! BAKE THE ROLLS HILDA !!! 1022.gif

atickhum.gif music.gif Have fun at the show. atickhum.gif music.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 6 2008, 08:25 AM)
I forgot to tell you all... my downstairs neighbor is HILDA.

ohmy.gif

yes.gif

She's like ninety years old and a lovely woman. I just thought it hilarious that she's named hilda after all these years of being a big part of this thread... my neighbor is hilda. z7shysterical.gif

ohmy.gif

That's so AWESOME!!!

icon_alienjig.gif

ohmy.gif

yes.gif

She's like ninety years old and a lovely woman. I just thought it hilarious that she's named hilda after all these years of being a big part of this thread... my neighbor is hilda. z7shysterical.gif

Your one of the few people on this board who has had actual conversations with The Hilda.

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 6 2008, 12:56 PM)

ohmy.gif

yes.gif 

She's like ninety years old and a lovely woman.  I just thought it hilarious that she's named hilda after all these years of being a big part of this thread... my neighbor is hilda.  z7shysterical.gif

Your one of the few people on this board who has had actual conversations with The Hilda.

Yep.

CeeJ and I think LRF might have too. Pags too.

Didn't you ever talk to her on the phone? I'll make sure that changes next time she pops in. laugh.gif

My TRF days won't be complete without a picture of you and me with HER. no.gif

Edited by Necromancer

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 6 2008, 10:12 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Sep 6 2008, 12:56 PM)

ohmy.gif

yes.gif 

She's like ninety years old and a lovely woman.  I just thought it hilarious that she's named hilda after all these years of being a big part of this thread... my neighbor is hilda.  z7shysterical.gif

Yep.

CeeJ and I think LRF might have too. Pags too.

Didn't you ever talk to her on the phone? I'll make sure that changes next time she pops in. laugh.gif

My TRF days won't be complete without a picture of you and me with HER. no.gif

I have never spoken to hilda, she refuses ! angry.gif

wink.gif

unsure.gif