Xanadu Or La Villa Strangiato?

Rush!

Which one of these do you like better?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these do you like better?

• Xanadu
    • La Villa Strangiato

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (tepes22b @ Jan 3 2006, 09:46 PM)

Since turnabout is fair play, the motif from the "Monsters" section in La Villa Strangiato is taken from the 1936 song "Powerhouse" by Raymond Scott (credit Songfacts.com). So nothing is really original. tongue.gif Anyway, I go with Xanadu, because I like the structure better and it doesn't have any spots that feel repetitive to me like in La Villa. Just my $0.02.

yea, I have a copy of that song somewhere on mp3. Also, I dearly love Xanadu ... it is one of my all time favs ... but La Villa is such a showcase of the boys talent AND it is so tight ... as a musician, it just gets me going.

Looks like the winner is La Villa. As noted earlier, I prefer La Villa. Xanadu is great and it has a lot of cool parts but I just simply like Strangiato better. Sooner or later, I will put up another poll pitting La Villa against another song, making it really hard!!

beathorse.gif beathorse.gif

AlienSmiley.gif icon_alienjig.gif

I voted for Xanadu and made the score 25 each.

On the subject of borrowing from literature, most lyricists do it to some degree.

Neil has also borrowed from Oscar Wilde

I can resist anything but temptation and

All of us spend time in the gutter, dreamers tend to look at the stars

Close poll -- I chose Xanadu, of course (check the name) but I have to wonder why you'd compare the two in the first place -- one's an instrumental and they're really not the same. tongue.gif But all's well. Xanadu for searchingforxanadu.

I don't really get the comparison between the two, either... but I chose Xanadu.

I personally don't care much for instrumentals, as I like something I can sing along with, even if I CAN'T hit half the notes, and obviously instrumentals are not like that. smile.gif

Pretty much the only Rush instrumental I can stand to listen to is YYZ.

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 6 2006, 07:56 PM)
Yeah, I don't understand the comparison between them. I'm lost. wacko.gif

I'm confused as to where anyone is comparing the 2 songs. I thought it was just a poll, which one was better. The only comparison is they are both Rush songs. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Kirsten @ Jan 6 2006, 11:05 PM)
I don't really get the comparison between the two, either... but I chose Xanadu.

I personally don't care much for instrumentals, as I like something I can sing along with, even if I CAN'T hit half the notes, and obviously instrumentals are not like that. smile.gif

Pretty much the only Rush instrumental I can stand to listen to is YYZ.

ohmy.gif

I wasn't trying to make a comparison between the two. They're very different songs, I know that.

"Xanadu" is on AFTK, is 11 minutes long, and is not an instrumental.

"La Villa Strangiato" is on Hemispheres, is 9 minutes long, and IS an instrumental.

I don't know who got the idea that I or anyone else on here was making a comparison between the two. I was just trying to make a hard poll. Not harming anyone.

common001.gif common001.gif

Archived