Geddy with glasses or without...

Cygnalschick

QUOTE (cygnalschick @ Jan 24 2006, 01:18 AM)
bekloppt.gif MiriyaB! Glad to have you join our NWW crew!!! Stick around biggrin.gif

bekloppt.gif back atcha!

Will do!

Can one of you fine folks tell me how to add a banner to my sig? I'm new to all the technical parts o' board posting...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
P.S. to sygnalschick -- Lubbock, eh? I've been to Lubbock (visiting my husband's uncle, who teaches at Texas Tech), and one of my buds just went over Xmas (to visit her boyfriend's family there--also Texas Tech-connected). Hub City!

QUOTE (MiriyaB @ Jan 24 2006, 01:04 PM)
QUOTE (cygnalschick @ Jan 24 2006, 01:18 AM)
bekloppt.gif MiriyaB! Glad to have you join our NWW crew!!! Stick around biggrin.gif

bekloppt.gif back atcha!

Will do!

Can one of you fine folks tell me how to add a banner to my sig? I'm new to all the technical parts o' board posting...

The quickest way is to first get an account with photobucket.com. It's free and easy, and it's a website where you can store and keep photographs. It's pretty self-explanatory once you sign up. First you have to save the image to your computer, then you can move it to your photobucket account.

Then, when you want to add an image to your signature here on TRF, you click on IMG, and simply copy and paste the URL address.

I hope that made sense..... tongue.gif

QUOTE (MiriyaB @ Jan 24 2006, 01:08 PM)
P.S. to sygnalschick -- Lubbock, eh? I've been to Lubbock (visiting my husband's uncle, who teaches at Texas Tech), and one of my buds just went over Xmas (to visit her boyfriend's family there--also Texas Tech-connected). Hub City!

Well you're lucky you don't live here tongue.gif In fact, I just moved here from Austin, Tx. I like it there much better! Lubbock = boring!

That's ironic, I also have a friend who teaches at Tech. His name is John Chandler and he's in the engineering dept. Let me know if you're ever coming here!

QUOTE (cygnalschick @ Jan 24 2006, 09:06 PM)
Well you're lucky you don't live here tongue.gif In fact, I just moved here from Austin, Tx. I like it there much better! Lubbock = boring!

Sorry to hear it: we did go to Austin in '95, too (& my brother lived there for 2 yrs recently but we never went out there to visit him), and yeah, it's a lot more interesting... Will give you a heads-up if we come out there, but we haven't been anywhere in TX in a long time. Stranger things have happened, tho'!

QUOTE (MiriyaB @ Feb 16 2006, 07:30 PM)
Back to the topic of this thread:

how about
without eyeshadow!!!!

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f238/MiriyaB/65b01132.jpg

rofl3.gif laugh.gif rofl3.gif laugh.gif This is a first seeing Geddy with eyeshadow!!

Geddy, baby, definitely lose the eyeshadow! laugh.gif

rofl3.gif I've thought about this topic as well... These are 3 guys that definitely do newt look good in makeup. I was also wondering why Geddy chose those particular frames, and why this was in style for men back then. newt that they looked good on women either, but they didn't come out with the lighter glass for heavy prescriptions yet... Thank God they did, cause I wear glasses and they used to be pretty thick lenses!

Anyway, I think Geddy had some good moments back in the day, I have plenty of pics on my desktop of both young and mature Geddy... But I think overall, he looks better now because in the 70's they were all so freakin skinny!! He is more filled out now, and he looks much more proportional. That is also why his nose looks smaller, newt cause of the glasses. If anything, wearing glasses makes noses look bigger, because they bring more attention to that area! He is a pretty hot "fifty-something"! I liked his hair longer too, though. And his voice back then was untouchable!! Unfortunately his vocal cords can't handle that range anymore.. sad.gif It's okay, I still love him, I named my cat Geddy!!

QUOTE (Xanadulove @ Apr 1 2006, 03:31 PM)
How come the word "newt" comes out "NEWT" on here????

That's just weird.

I've already tried to edit it, doesn't work.

Is it a Canadian thing?

tongue.gif 2.gif 2.gif 1022.gif comp26.gif comp26.gif

It's just someone having fun with the language filter on April Fool's Day, I'm guessing.

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Jan 6 2006, 07:24 PM)
http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/9017/geddy9hn.jpg
i like his lil round glasses on him better then these ones laugh.gif

I...

I...

sad.gif

I... think I just died a little on the inside.

QUOTE (Xanadulove @ Apr 1 2006, 02:31 PM)
How come the word "newt" comes out "NEWT" on here????

That's just weird.

I've already tried to edit it,  doesn't work.

Is it a Canadian thing?

tongue.gif  2.gif  2.gif  1022.gif  comp26.gif  comp26.gif

I'm not sure!!! tongue.gif

i like his lil round glasses on him better then these ones laugh.gif

Good god! ohmy.gif

Even I think that picture is scary! bolt.gif

QUOTE (MiriyaB @ Feb 17 2006, 12:46 PM)
Uh-oh, looks like he didn't get the memo!!!!

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f238/MiriyaB/VNeckKimonoBoys.jpg

Of course Neil isn't wearing make-up laugh.gif

QUOTE (Kid_Gloves @ Sep 25 2006, 02:28 AM)
i like his lil round glasses on him better then these ones  laugh.gif

Good god! ohmy.gif

It was the eighties. That was the style. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 25 2006, 10:50 PM)
QUOTE (Kid_Gloves @ Sep 25 2006, 02:28 AM)
i like his lil round glasses on him better then these ones  laugh.gif

Good god! ohmy.gif

It was the eighties. That was the style. rofl3.gif

I once had a pair that looked suspiciously like that - I thought they looked way cool at the time - but yeah it was the 80s and no, they didn't. You wouldn't think smaller frames would be more flattering, but they are.

Of course, nothing beats contacts, in my opinion. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Slime @ Sep 26 2006, 07:27 AM)
You can't use the word "style" and the word "eighties" in the same sentence tongue.gif

Last fall the "Style" section of the local paper trumpted: "Kids! raid your parents' closet for the latest back-to-school retro looks! The 80s are back!"

I felt SO old....

Maddy, child of the 80s... laugh.gif

small round glasses yes - those... NO

and on the 80's note, I'm thinking about cutting my hair in that feathered wings style again after oh... 25 years of having it long & one length... Any ideas as to the idiocy or possible sense of this?

Archived