ULTIMATE BRONCOS THREAD!

Tick

QUOTE (Rush! @ Nov 24 2006, 12:02 PM)
QUOTE (tangdog @ Nov 24 2006, 11:54 AM)
I was pissed off as the game wasn't even shown here in my viewing area!

WTF?

It wasn't shown on regular cable. It was only shown on The NFL Network. I think that's BS. They announced all those commercials about the new tradition of 3 games on Thanksgiving and then the 3rd and final game they don't show on regular cable. confused13.gif

Thanks for the explanation. I agree thats lame as we were bombarded with all those commercials for the 3 games, like you said.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tangdog @ Nov 27 2006, 01:03 PM)
QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Nov 27 2006, 02:40 PM)
A BRONCOS THREAD!!!

Sweeeet.

You all know that Plummer is benched now, right?

Yeah, I am anxious to see the new guy play.

Believe me, that had been the talk of the state all weekend. I cannot wait either.

UPDATE: OFFICIALLY, Shanahan just pulled the plug. It is official, Cutler WILL be starting next Sunday night against the Seahawks (NBC, 6PM MST)

Edited by theanalogkid

QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Nov 27 2006, 03:41 PM)
QUOTE (tangdog @ Nov 27 2006, 01:03 PM)
QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Nov 27 2006, 02:40 PM)
A BRONCOS THREAD!!!

Sweeeet.

Yeah, I am anxious to see the new guy play.

Believe me, that had been the talk of the state all weekend. I cannot wait either.

UPDATE: OFFICIALLY, Shanahan just pulled the plug. It is official, Cutler WILL be starting next Sunday night against the Seahawks (NBC, 6PM MST)

Good news!

I hear that it takes a least a season or two to fully understand Shanahans system though?

Has Cutler played in any games or pre-season games?

They say that Cutler has taken well to "The System" this season and is VERY impressive.

I think this year they are hoping to get him aclimated to the NFL life (and life as a QB in Denver) and have him make a big impact next year. I think they'll open up the offense a bit for him now too and call better plays.

He has only played in pre-season, because the Broncos haven't blown anyone out enough for Cutler to come in at the end of a game.

Swwweeet, it is already listed on ESPN.com, and will most likely dominate the news broadcasts tonight.

knowing your coach (my assistant coach and mentor was Shanahan's head coach in HS), I would bet that they will have a great plan for what they want him to do. I think they will only ask him to "manage the game" and not make him feel like he has to win it. If your D starts playing like they did at the beginning of the season he would probably feel alot better. I wish you lots of luck until it gets time for a Chargers reunion.

QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Nov 27 2006, 03:40 PM)
A BRONCOS THREAD!!!

Sweeeet.

bring on jay !

So with Jay's first performance last week being something of the expected (for the situation he was in). Many people are now calling for Shanahan's head in Colorado. While I admit the playcalling has been a little less exciting this season, we need to do something more to keep the offense out on the field so the defense (banged up and brittle) can get some rest. But I think that calling for the coach's head this soon is too much.

My take: Broncos fans need to get over John Elway. Don't get me wrong, Elway was the idol of my Denver youth and still my favorite athlete ever, but a QB like that is one of a kind. Denver fans were spoiled with watching the best QB in the history of the game week in and week out and now measure every subsequent QB after Elway. We'll probably never see the likes of him, but we need to give Jay a chance. Now, that Jay is in (the 4th or 5th "heir apparent") and didn't bury the Seadawgs in the cold Mile High ground, they blame the coach.

Be patient friends. The Broncos will "buck" again. Just give them a chance to play and get healthy.

DISCLAIMER: What I thought would be a narrative worthy for the sports opinion pages, has quickly turned into a destracted attempt to sound smarter than I feel today. I began about midway through to think about the bar tonight, and that I will be consuming some pints of dark and hoppy ale while watching a good game.

QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Dec 8 2006, 06:13 PM)
So with Jay's first performance last week being something of the expected (for the situation he was in). Many people are now calling for Shanahan's head in Colorado. While I admit the playcalling has been a little less exciting this season, we need to do something more to keep the offense out on the field so the defense (banged up and brittle) can get some rest. But I think that calling for the coach's head this soon is too much.

My take: Broncos fans need to get over John Elway. Don't get me wrong, Elway was the idol of my Denver youth and still my favorite athlete ever, but a QB like that is one of a kind. Denver fans were spoiled with watching the best QB in the history of the game week in and week out and now measure every subsequent QB after Elway. We'll probably never see the likes of him, but we need to give Jay a chance. Now, that Jay is in (the 4th or 5th "heir apparent") and didn't bury the Seadawgs in the cold Mile High ground, they blame the coach.

Be patient friends. The Broncos will "buck" again. Just give them a chance to play and get healthy.

DISCLAIMER: What I thought would be a narrative worthy for the sports opinion pages, has quickly turned into a destracted attempt to sound smarter than I feel today. I began about midway through to think about the bar tonight, and that I will be consuming some pints of dark and hoppy ale while watching a good game.

ok then, its alright kid, good post. i have been a broncos fan for 33 years and ive seen the good and the bad. the way i see it we always have a pretty good team every year and as fans we are spoiled. there will never be another elway so we need to move past it and look to the future. personally calling for shanahans head is just total stupidity, the guy is one of the leagues great coaches, you cant win um all. they wanted bill cowhers head in pittsburgh a couple years ago and he delivered them the championship they wanted. as far as jay goes its one stinkin game, give me a break, elway sucked his first season. the broncos will be fine, one of the great francises in all of sports ! 1022.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 8 2006, 06:25 PM)
QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Dec 8 2006, 06:13 PM)

ok then, its alright kid, good post. i have been a broncos fan for 33 years and ive seen the good and the bad. the way i see it we always have a pretty good team every year and as fans we are spoiled. there will never be another elway so we need to move past it and look to the future. personally calling for shanahans head is just total stupidity, the guy is one of the leagues great coaches, you cant win um all. they wanted bill cowhers head in pittsburgh a couple years ago and he delivered them the championship they wanted. as far as jay goes its one stinkin game, give me a break, elway sucked his first season. the broncos will be fine, one of the great francises in all of sports ! 1022.gif

Shanahan is an excellent coach and should NEVER be fired over a disappointing season. This league is weird now ya know? They are doing the right thing by bringing Cutler along. Plummer is just flat out too inconsistent.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 9 2006, 02:31 PM)
Hope you can take the good and the bad tomorrow when you get TROUNCED by the Bolts AGAIN!!! yes.gif

bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif

biggrin.gif

GO BOLTS!!!

how many bowls has your team won ? huh ?

la hoo za her !

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 9 2006, 05:31 PM)
Hope you can take the good and the bad tomorrow when you get TROUNCED by the Bolts AGAIN!!!  yes.gif 

bncegrn.gif  bncegrn.gif  bncegrn.gif 

biggrin.gif

GO BOLTS!!! 

la hoo za her !

The mark of any true fan of a losing team. Bring up the past. I guess that makes it easier to deal with the fact that the Chargers have no competition in the AFC WEST. tongue.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 9 2006, 04:31 PM)
Hope you can take the good and the bad tomorrow when you get TROUNCED by the Bolts AGAIN!!!  yes.gif 

biggrin.gif

GO BOLTS!!! 

la hoo za her !

Lighten up Tick. My team can trump all of you. And don't worry. The Chargers won't win a Super Bowl in our lifetime. Not even this year. They have played a cream puff schedule.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Dec 9 2006, 05:41 PM)

biggrin.gif

GO BOLTS!!! 

la hoo za her !

Lighten up Tick. My team can trump all of you. And don't worry. The Chargers won't win a Super Bowl in our lifetime. Not even this year. They have played a cream puff schedule.

im just defending my turf, this is broncos domain. yes.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 9 2006, 05:57 PM)

biggrin.gif

GO BOLTS!!! 

la hoo za her !

As well you should. Too bad your only defense is the classic... HOW MANY SUPERBOWLS HAVE YOU WON???

I mean... i could shoot right back... HOW MANY SUPERBOWLS HAVE YOU LOST??? Hmmmmm.

GO BOLTS!!!

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 9 2006, 04:57 PM)

biggrin.gif

GO BOLTS!!! 

la hoo za her !

true true

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 9 2006, 04:59 PM)

biggrin.gif

GO BOLTS!!! 

la hoo za her !

As well you should. Too bad your only defense is the classic... HOW MANY SUPERBOWLS HAVE YOU WON???

I mean... i could shoot right back... HOW MANY SUPERBOWLS HAVE YOU LOST??? Hmmmmm.

GO BOLTS!!!

I'd let go of this one Necro. You're going to lose overall.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Dec 9 2006, 06:00 PM)

biggrin.gif

GO BOLTS!!! 

la hoo za her !

GO BOLTS!!!

always rely on that classic, if its not broke. for the record we lost 4 but have been in 6. how many teams can say that ? dont try to compare your teams history to mine, you have already lost the arguement before you started it. yes.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 9 2006, 06:09 PM)

biggrin.gif

GO BOLTS!!! 

la hoo za her !

GO BOLTS!!!

always rely on that classic, if its not broke. for the record we lost 4 but have been in 6. how many teams can say that ? dont try to compare your teams history to mine, you have already lost the arguement before you started it. yes.gif

So let's just deal in the HERE AND NOW!!!

Chargers: 10 and 2 Best team in football.

Denver: WHO CARES!!!

After tomorrow we'll be 11 and 2. yes.gif

SUPERBOWL BOUND BABY!!! yes.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Dec 9 2006, 07:18 PM)
I think that we can beat you.

LCC... WAKE UP... time to join reality... wake up LCC... you've been dreaming again. WAKE UP!!! It's not the dynasty team no more and the NFC sucks these days... so stop dreaming you can beat the BEST team in football. WAKE UP.... c'mon bro... do i have to throw water on you???

tongue.gif

moon.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 9 2006, 06:24 PM)

biggrin.gif

GO BOLTS!!! 

la hoo za her !

GO BOLTS!!!

no my friend heres the deal, you got nothin ! if you lose tomorow you have less. the here and now is all you have so i understand why you really have nothing else to say. broncos francise = winner. the charger francise has meant = loser.

the truth hurts bitch ! so throw all your eggs in one basket and hope they dont break, its all you have cause your past blows !

this years charger team is very good but please dont knock the big boys.

broncos = 6 super bowls, 2 world championships !

chargers = 1 super bowl and 1 ass woopin in cincinati in 81. c'mon ? what do ya got ? huh ? yeah thats right hope and pray for more, cause so far its just another year untill you do something.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 9 2006, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Dec 9 2006, 07:18 PM)
I think that we can beat you.

LCC... WAKE UP... time to join reality... wake up LCC... you've been dreaming again. WAKE UP!!! It's not the dynasty team no more and the NFC sucks these days... so stop dreaming you can beat the BEST team in football. WAKE UP.... c'mon bro... do i have to throw water on you???

tongue.gif

moon.gif

As long as LT doesn't get hurt.

If he goes down so does your season.

Turner is a good change of pace guy but he is not LT. And Rivers isn't ready to carry the team yet.

After watching Denvers running game in person I have to say I could run for 1,000 yds behind it. rofl3.gif Not really rofl3.gif But it is awesome to see they move like a single person.

Now watch I say that and they'll get -19 yards rushing today. laugh.gif pokey.gif

Edited by Batman

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 10 2006, 12:51 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 9 2006, 06:24 PM)

biggrin.gif

GO BOLTS!!! 

la hoo za her !

GO BOLTS!!!

no my friend heres the deal, you got nothin ! if you lose tomorow you have less. the here and now is all you have so i understand why you really have nothing else to say. broncos francise = winner. the charger francise has meant = loser.

the truth hurts bitch ! so throw all your eggs in one basket and hope they dont break, its all you have cause your past blows !

this years charger team is very good but please dont knock the big boys.

broncos = 6 super bowls, 2 world championships !

chargers = 1 super bowl and 1 ass woopin in cincinati in 81. c'mon ? what do ya got ? huh ? yeah thats right hope and pray for more, cause so far its just another year untill you do something.

sorry that may have been a bit much. unsure.gif

Edited by tick