marillion thread

Tick

love to see marillion fans! one the worlds remaining great bands. trink39.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One reason why Marillion is so great is that they have never compromised what they want to do. They are not a glamorous band that will bend and shape their music to the wims and wishes of the masses. They stay totally true to their heart-felt core beliefs and make music the way they want to. They also are very loyal to their fans.

After their record label (EMI) dropped them in 1995, their said "F it" and started their own record label (Racket Records). They promoted themselves on the internet, really taking off with the release of marillion.com in 1999. Their web site is great, and I don't bother looking for anything in stores from them anymore. I just go straight to their web site and buy everything there. I really respect the way they do things and that's why I buy directly from them.

yeah baby! marillion ,for a better way of life.go to marillion .com

They actually opened for Rush at one time. Man, that would have been the best concert. I've heard some good things about Marbles but I must say I'm partial to the Fish material. His solo stuff is good too. I love the song Credo 1022.gif

no dissrespect to the old fans but fish is long gone.the band is most cetainly still awesome.if your not sold on hogarth,buy the dvd marbles on the road,great dvd. Edited by tick

this thread has been burried for awhile so i thought id bring it back . new stuff should be coming fairly soon and i cant wait !

I like them too. To me, Marillion is good laid back, rainy day music. I started with what little Marillion was available in at record stores in middle America in the 90s. I first got a single of "Alone Again in the Lap of Luxury" and then picked up "Brave".

I bought the song "Easter" after seeing them perform with Dream Theater on 5 Years of a Lifetime.

This thread is timely, as I am now listening to songs from their MySpace page in order to get re-aquainted.

Pay day is Friday, then i may hit iTunes.

Edited by theanalogkid

Not only are we going to be treated to a new acoustic album in the autumn, they've just released La Gazza Ladra remastered and two new full concert Fish era cds. Live from Loreley and Recital of the Script.

With liner notes from Fish.

Loreley & Script were previously available as 2 heavily edited DVDs.

I've listened to them both and they are superb. Loreley is particularly magnificent.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jul 15 2009, 03:54 AM)
I liked the album Clutching At Straws with Warm Wet Circles on it.

But that song shows that the guitarist was clearly trying to sound like Steve Hackett as you can hear on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-qbFee8VPU

I still like them though! common001.gif

I couldn't tell ya if he was trying to sound like Hackett or not, but WWC is the best song on the record.

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Jul 15 2009, 05:41 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jul 15 2009, 03:54 AM)
I liked the album Clutching At Straws with Warm Wet Circles on it.

But that song shows that the guitarist was clearly trying to sound like Steve Hackett as you can hear on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-qbFee8VPU

I still like them though! common001.gif

I couldn't tell ya if he was trying to sound like Hackett or not, but WWC is the best song on the record.

Then check this thread to hear and see this great musician!

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=49333

I was there: youtube link to show attended

It was GREAT and my first Marillion concert! I was on the other side of the hall, so you won't see me.

tongue.gif

My dad saw them live with Fish, but back then I was 2 years old so I had to stay at home angry.gif but I wouldn't remember, would I? laugh.gif

Marillion is the first prog band I've been listening to. I found a CD at my dad's home and kind of "stole" it... hehe... I've been a fan for almost 10 years now. biggrin.gif

Edited by TheWater

I haven't listened to Marillion in a long time. I want to thank whoever bumped this thread. It inspired me to buy Marbles today off of Amazon. Don't know what took me so long. I also picked up the special editions of Snow by Spock's Beard and Signify by Porcupine Tree.