Can the Seahawks get some respect now?

Arndrake

And there were a few things that were against the Hawks in addition to Alexander being out. 3 turnovers, but thankfully only 3 points scored off turnovers. Darrell Jackson got a knee in the back, but was able to come back in and make some big plays. Thankfully, Hasselbeck was able to step up in the second half. Mo Morris did everything he was asked to do and then some. Mack Strong had that great run that helped set up Seattle's last field goal and keep the game out of reach. Redskins' missed field goal helped too.

Obviously, we need to step up a little more next week. We need to keep the turnovers from happening. Defense needs to keep playing like it did. Offense needs to keep driving. And we really need Alexander back in and healthy.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 14 2006, 07:13 PM)
Damn this is turning out to be a good game.

I wasn't surprised, but I'm partial. The Skins need one more receiving threat to open their offense up. Good defenses lock down Moss and load up on Portis. If they have to cover two serious threats and deal with Cooley, and stop Portis, they will be tough. Gibbs will make people look stupid again. Can't wait for next year. That's the first time I've said that in 15 years!

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Jan 15 2006, 01:06 AM)
And there were a few things that were against the Hawks in addition to Alexander being out. 3 turnovers, but thankfully only 3 points scored off turnovers. Darrell Jackson got a knee in the back, but was able to come back in and make some big plays. Thankfully, Hasselbeck was able to step up in the second half. Mo Morris did everything he was asked to do and then some. Mack Strong had that great run that helped set up Seattle's last field goal and keep the game out of reach. Redskins' missed field goal helped too.

Obviously, we need to step up a little more next week. We need to keep the turnovers from happening. Defense needs to keep playing like it did. Offense needs to keep driving. And we really need Alexander back in and healthy.

Yes the Seattle Defence really worked hard to stop the Redskins capitalising on those turnovers and Holmgren should get a lot of credit for the job he's done there.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 12 2006, 12:23 AM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 9 2006, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE (Templar of Syrinx @ Jan 9 2006, 10:25 AM)
There's only one team in the NFC capable of going to Seattle and winning......the Carolina Panthers

I think thats the title game seattle vs. carolina

Not likely. The Bears are going to physically destroy Jake Delhomme. By the end of the game, he'll be no more than a dried brown stain on the grass.

As to whether Chicago can go to Seattle and win is another question entirely. I doubt it.

If the Panthers are to beat the Bears they better play better than they did in week 11....I watched that game and the Bears D OWNED Delhomme that day....either way it will probably be the lowest scoring game in this year's playoffs...I don't expect Foster to have a big rushing day like he did against the Giants....It also depends on how Grossman plays too...If he is just good enuff, I think the Bears D can carry the team (like they did all year) and move on to the championship game...

Bears 13 Panthers 7

So much for the defensive battle everyone was expecting laugh.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 15 2006, 07:45 PM)
Seahawks will lose to the Steelers in the Super Bowl...

Again ... the hawks have a better chance to win now that Indy is out.

tongue.gif

but ... the steelers have to go to mile high! That is going to be tough!

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jan 15 2006, 07:48 PM)

tongue.gif

No it won't. The Broncos aren't a Super Bowl calliber team.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 15 2006, 07:50 PM)

tongue.gif

They will be if they win next week!

also, they won 13 games and beat the defending champs. The steelers barely made the playoffs.

we will see tongue.gif I am actually going for the Steelers so don't sweat it.

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jan 15 2006, 07:57 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 15 2006, 07:50 PM)

tongue.gif

They will be if they win next week!

also, they won 13 games and beat the defending champs. The steelers barely made the playoffs.

we will see tongue.gif I am actually going for the Steelers so don't sweat it.

So? The defending Super Bowl champs weren't even that strong of a team this year. Only reason they made the playoffs as the #5 seed was because they won their division.

Steelers barely made the playoffs because of a series of fluke injuries that hit them mid-season. After that last loss, they've been the hottest team in the NFL.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 9 2006, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Jan 9 2006, 03:09 PM)
There's only one team in the NFC capable of going to Seattle and winning......the Carolina Panthers

Not likely. The Bears are going to physically destroy Jake Delhomme. By the end of the game, he'll be no more than a dried brown stain on the grass.

Dream on.

Carolina is out for vengeance against the Bears, and will win by at least 10 points.

NFC championship game will be Panthers versus Seahawks.

Carolina won't even score 10 points. I can't wait until Sunday evening after the game, so I can gloat over your ridiculous and ill-informed pronouncements.

Well. It is Sunday evening after the game.

Where is your gloating?

Though admittedly my prediction was slightly off, since Carolina only won by eight points instead of ten.

So much for DA BEARS defense.

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Jan 15 2006, 06:02 PM)
Carolina will beat Seattle next week, and face the Steelers in the Super Bowl, which the Panthers will win.

Sorry, that's just home team rooting, not complete analysis.

Seattle offense should fare better against Carolina's defense. After all, look at yesterday's game. The first half found Seattle bottled up and without Alexander, but they adjusted and were able to attack successfully. Admittedly, Seattle's defense is not as strong as the Bears, but they have been improving. But, considering their success against the Bears defense, I will concede that Carolina may have better success against Seattle defense than Washington did. I think it will be close, and probably will be high-scoring, but Seattle will beat Carolina by at least 6 points.

And, no, I'm not going to go around chest-thumping and trying to say this is going to be fact. This is just an educated guess. If I really could predict the future, I would be extremely wealthy. And I really hate childish, gloating, little 'told-you-so's, so don't go trying to make me eat crow if I'm wrong.

Seattle - 38

Carolina - 31

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Jan 15 2006, 08:00 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 9 2006, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Jan 9 2006, 03:09 PM)

Dream on.

Carolina is out for vengeance against the Bears, and will win by at least 10 points.

NFC championship game will be Panthers versus Seahawks.

Carolina won't even score 10 points. I can't wait until Sunday evening after the game, so I can gloat over your ridiculous and ill-informed pronouncements.

Well. It is Sunday evening after the game.

Where is your gloating?

Though admittedly my prediction was slightly off, since Carolina only won by eight points instead of ten.

So much for DA BEARS defense.

Where is the "splintered piece of wood being shoved up one's ass" emoticon when one needs it?

Wow, you mean there's Carolina fans out there somewhere? They are coming out of the woodwork since they beat the oh so mighty bears!!! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Jan 16 2006, 12:59 AM)
QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Jan 15 2006, 06:02 PM)
Carolina will beat Seattle next week, and face the Steelers in the Super Bowl, which the Panthers will win.

Sorry, that's just home team rooting, not complete analysis.

Any illusions of "complete analysis" are just that -- mere illusions that more probably than not will fall apart once the game starts.

As I said before, that is why they play the games, instead of just picking the winner ahead of time on paper.

After all, paper analysis would have had the Colts in the Super Bowl. However, as it so often does, reality tore that paper analysis to shreds.

This game should be close, and could go either way.

Even if the Seahawks lose, they have had a good season. If they beat Carolina, I will be pulling for them to win the Super Bowl over either AFC team, because they have never won it before.

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 16 2006, 11:56 AM)
Wow, you mean there's Carolina fans out there somewhere? They are coming out of the woodwork since they beat the oh so mighty bears!!! rofl3.gif

An odd comment to make, since I was posting about Carolina in this very thread before the Bears game -- and you were replying to some of those posts.

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Jan 16 2006, 07:44 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 16 2006, 11:56 AM)
Wow, you mean there's Carolina fans out there somewhere? They are coming out of the woodwork since they beat the oh so mighty bears!!!  rofl3.gif

An odd comment to make, since I was posting about Carolina in this very thread before the Bears game -- and you were replying to some of those posts.

Oh sorry, I didn't know you was a carolina fan. No offense. I just never met a panthers fan before thats all. I'm sure they are out there.

They did look pretty kick ass yesterday though. yes.gif

Good luck next week in Seattle. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 12 2005, 10:42 AM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Dec 12 2005, 01:50 PM)
40+ points again!

Need to take 'em seriously.

My bet for the SB final against the Colts - still

I think Seattle will make it to the Super Bowl , the Hawks are the best NFC team.

bekloppt.gif yes.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Jan 22 2006, 07:04 PM)
hahahahahahahahahah

yeah baby!!!!

we win...

next stop SUPERBOWL XL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How amazing does that sound? And how unusual?

The Seahawks are the NFC Champions. Uncharted territory for Seattle fans.

This Superbowl is going to be very interesting. Most analysts have said the most exciting matchup would be the Steelers vs the Seahawks.

As long as the Seahawks defense keeps playing the way they have, I think we have a great chance to get our first world title.

And the streets of Seattle are going crazy!

Archived