Can the Seahawks get some respect now?

Arndrake

42-0 in Philly

If there was ever a time to shine, it was tonight. Especially on Monday Night Football, against the Eagles, in Philadelphia. American football fans, meet the Seattle Seahawks.

I realize the 'Hawks squeeked by a couple of games that should have been won hands down (49er's) and got lucky when the Giants' kicker choked, but I have still heard a few sports casters and writers say Seattle is the best team in the NFC.

I know there are naysayers who will state that the Eagles' key players are injured and the team is distracted by the T.O. controversy. But if Philly didn't have those issues, the Seahawks probably would have still beat the Eagles tonight and possibly may have done so convincingly.

A big test is coming up for us as Indianapolis will be coming to town on Christmas Eve.

At this point, I, like many Seattle fans, am thrilled by the performance of the Seahawks and think this could be the year we get to the Super Bowl. I think we'll get a bye the first week of the playoffs, probably have to face either the Giants or the Cowboys in the divisionals, then the Panthers in the NFC championship.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They stepped up big time in the spotlight thats for sure.

I wouldn't have minded if Shawn got all 42 pts LOL

They been creeping up on the league for the last couple of years glad to see another team in the mix.

Now if they can get over the Playoff Jinx?

If they have Homefield thru the playoffs should help alot the long trip up to Seattle at the end of a long season has to take alot out of a team.

sorry you wont like this response but,i believe at this point the eagles have thrown in the towel,so there not a good measuring stick.secondly.you were thoroughly beaten at home 2 weaks ago by the giants.make sure you send jay feeley a christmas card.i do not believe the seahawks are a super bowl team.i believe there the 4th best team in there conference,behind the panthers,giants,and bears.im not saying this to piss you off im just not sold on seattle.maybe they will prove me wrong,it woundnt be the first time but,there past history,and mike holmgren make me seriously dout this team.

Each is entitled to their own opinion. These types of opinions are great examples of the East Coast Bias the Seahawks have been dealing with and why they are not getting the respect they deserve.

Consider this. You stated that the Giants thoroughly beat the Seahawks. I disagree. It was a close game throughout. And New York was able to step up in the end, force the Seahawks defense to crumble, and tie the game. New York also got the benefit of at least one controversial call; the Shockey TD in the 2nd. The Toomer TD in the 4th could have been contested also, but I concede that it was a legit TD.

I don't think the Eagles have thrown in the towel. Even if they did, they definitely didn't just lay down and die. Philly went into this game thinking they had a great chance to turn things around and possibly still salvage their season. Despite their mediocrity, Philadelphia battled all the way to the end.

While it is true that Seattle has been a team that seems to choke at the end, I don't think this team is the same. They seem to have a bit more confidence and have learned how to win when they need to (consider the Dallas game. Seahawks teams of the past would have let that one get away from them). Also, this team has had to deal with some injury problems as well, such as Hamlin and Jackson. Engram just came back. Despite these, the team still found ways to win. This team appears to have exorcised some of the demons of the past, and I think they may be able to exorcise the playoff demon as well.

I'm not sure why you show disdain for Holmgren. He has proven himself a capable coach, both when he was Walsh's offensive coordinator of the 49ers, and when he was head coach of the Packers during their reconstruction and championship years. I think he knows how to build and coach a winning team, which is why Seattle hired him to begin with.

Also, it's difficult to determine why you say the Seahawks are the 4th best team, when they have the best record in the NFC. While the remainder of the NFC West appears mediocre, there doesn't seem to be a division this year that every team is a powerhouse. The NFC East appeared to be the closest, but every division has a pushover team, so I don't think Carolina, New York, or Chicago have had to battle any harder than Seattle every game. The schedules have been fairly balanced.

I still think the Seahawks will make it to the NFC Championship game.

Weeks 15 & 16 will be the real testers (Chargers followed by Seahawks). If they are 15-0 after week 16, then I'd back them to go all the way, even if they do leave key players out in Week 17 (vs Cardinals), the game is at home and I can't see them slipping up here.

If they do go 16-0, I can't see them losing after that, with home field advantage for the post-season. The only team I see upsetting them is the Broncos, but they REALLY need to play the Colts at home.

As for the Superbowl, the NFC is too weak this season, and I can't see any other than an AFC team winning it. Its basically Seattle in the NFC, then the rest is pants. OK, the Bears look good-ish, but look at their division!!  And the normally-strong NFC East have cancelled each other out.

Colts vs Seahawks superbowl. Colts all the way - I'm not a fan BTW

My quote from last week in the "...can the Colts win the SB with a perfect season" thread biggrin.gif

well im sorry you dont uderstand why i dont think seattle is all that,but i just dont think there a tough enough team.the bears have the d, to stop anyone in the nfc.the panthers have gotten tougher as the season has gone on.the giants are not really a better team,i guess,but if your seattle,and your bowl bound you need to beat them convinsingly at home.when the other team has to miss 3 field goals for you to win,thats scarry.and i just dont think holmgren is all that,a better coach would have done more with the talent they have had.

In sports these days the ONLY way to get any respect at all is to win the super bowl. A team could go 16-0 and get to the super bowl and lose by 1 point and people will still dog them and say they suck. The only way they will give them any props is if they win it all.(And even then some people will say they suck, HATERS) I'm not sure why but that's how people are anymore. I guess having one bad game is all it takes for people to claim your team really isn't all that great. It's a tough crowd out there!!!

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 6 2005, 11:17 AM)
well im sorry you dont uderstand why i dont think seattle is all that,

Oh I understand!!!! Because they aren't the BRONCOS!!!!! wink.gif

look all im saying is the seahawks are not winning anything this year and you can quote me on that.its not going to happen.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 6 2005, 06:44 PM)
look all im saying is the seahawks are not winning anything this year and you can quote me on that.its not going to happen.

But the Broncos are? Can I quote you on that?

QUOTE (daveyt @ Dec 6 2005, 07:52 PM)
seattle already got my respect. they should have won that game against green bay a couple years ago in the playoofs.

i disagree: anone could have beaten the eagles last night. we'll wait for more respect yes.gif

To bad it wasn't the Steelers vs Eagles last night. They could have set a record for the most turnovers in a game and called it something like the "Turnover bowl"........ it could have went to Overtime and be the first game ever to end 0-0 LMAO.

the seahawks are going no where,ya hear me indy,and the broncos would kick there moon.gif !!!!!!

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 8 2005, 07:12 PM)
the seahawks are going no where,ya hear me indy,and the broncos would kick there moon.gif !!!!!!

I could care less if they go anywhere. Seriously. The same goes for the Broncos. ~~YAWN~~

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 8 2005, 07:42 PM)

I could care less if they go anywhere. Seriously. The same goes for the Broncos. ~~YAWN~~

wheather you care or not indy the broncos are the 2rd best team in football,thats just reality untill proven other wise. 1022.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 9 2005, 10:53 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 8 2005, 07:42 PM)

wheather you care or not indy the broncos are the 2rd best team in football,thats just reality untill proven other wise. 1022.gif

No, it's an opinion and something that can't really be proven. If they go to the super bowl and get beat by the #1 team then I will agree that they are the #2 team.

wrong answer the 2 best teams are in the same conference.

and please indy,how is your team?

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 9 2005, 11:04 AM)
wrong answer the 2 best teams are in the same conference.
and please indy,how is your team?

Second place is like kissing your sister dude.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 9 2005, 11:25 AM)
indy once and for all answer me!!! WHO IS YOUR TEAM!!!!!

Second place is like kissing your sister.

the seahawks,i mean really!

"hi im a seahawks fan" trink38.gif "im drinking the kool aid" z7shysterical.gif

Archived