A Hill To Die On: What top Rush hit do you hate?

Weatherman

33 minutes ago, goose said:

If one considers poetry nonsense.  I think it  fits nicely within the context of the larger lyric.  :smile:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -

I took the one less traveled by, 

The road is, the road is, 

Love and life being deep made all the difference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/14/2024 at 3:27 PM, Maverick said:

The Garden 

Losing It

Resist

Not really hits with the general public, but much beloved amongst most Rush fans. I dislike the second and third songs. I outright hate the first. We're talking Sith Lord level hate. 

Same on the Garden.  Pretty much all of Clockwork Angels is overrated IMO as I just can't listen to much of it.  

Resist is crummy as well.  

Edited by MrMan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MrMan said:

Same on the Garden.  Pretty much all of Clockwork Angels is overrated IMO as I just can't listen to much of it.  

Resist is crummy as well.  

i had hilarious moment abut a decade ago.  i initially loved the garden (one of the few i liked on CA) then one day i'm playing it.  As it's playing my brain just goes.

"this song kinda sucks!!!!!!"

:laugh:

never looked back, lol

Mick

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, 78jazz said:

The Camera Eye.

There, I said it.

:pirate:

Oh...we missed you in the Super Bowl thread.  :tongue:

Is there someone here that really hate a Rush song? Give me 4 minutes of silence with a note of guitar and I am satisfied. Rush don't do Hits but the band is a big homerun...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rugen said:

Is there someone here that really hate a Rush song? Give me 4 minutes of silence with a note of guitar and I am satisfied. Rush don't do Hits but the band is a big homerun...

I'd rather have the four minutes of silence than listen to Virtuality or Dog Years again

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 1:46 PM, 78jazz said:

The Camera Eye.

There, I said it.

Hm. The production quality is SO good on MP that the song itself may not actually be as good as we'd like to think.

Like, imagine The Camera Eye on RTB, sounding like it was recorded inside a PVC pipe. Would we still like it as much? Food for thought. 

(OTOH: Bravado is such a strong song that it overcomes the crummy production. Imagine Bravado recorded on MP.)

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 11:11 AM, Union 5-3992 said:

I'd rather have the four minutes of silence than listen to Virtuality or Dog Years again

Virtuality i still enjoy but dog years i don't have a great memory of that one. " hate" is not the proper word. But if I have to pick hits that I don't want to listen again is "Limelight". "Tom Sawyer and "Subdvisions" which I consider good songs but like any other kind of music,  you need to explore others songs.

On 4/23/2024 at 11:11 AM, Union 5-3992 said:

or Neurotica

Rush has some shit songs.

let's not pretend here, lol

Mick

On 4/23/2024 at 1:55 PM, Weatherman said:

Imagine Bravado recorded on MP.

Given Geddy's voice at that time, we may perceive that song different. Put it on Counterparts and I think it would be rockin'!

I think with TCE, if it were recorded the way it was played on the Signals tour, it would be much more enjoyable.