Elton John Bernie Taupin Gershwin award show

Anyone watch this special tonight on PBS? Really fun! Metallica did blistering cover of Funeral for a friend/Love lies bleeding,

• Like 1

Yes!  :smile:  My son was there as a seat filler (he lives in DC and some Senator didn't show up)  and was in the fifth row.  He was blown away by Metallica!  I enjoyed the whole thing but they were the most awesome.  It was fun when they showed audience shots of James Hetfield through the show and he was having so much fun singing along to Elton!  

• Like 3

Here are 2 photos my son took- he was picked as a seat filler for the concert.  This one is of the entrance, everyone's road cases, and the Washington monument in the background.  The second one is his view in the concert!

ud8LUf4l.pngze16OECl.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, blueschica said:

Here are 2 photos my son took- he was picked as a seat filler for the concert.  This one is of the entrance, everyone's road cases, and the Washington monument in the background.  The second one is his view in the concert!

ud8LUf4l.pngze16OECl.png

Nice pics ...... and ....... Great seat!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Oh wow I wish

Me too! I signed up to be on the ticket cancelation list but of course nobody cancelled.  :facepalm:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, zepphead said:

Nice pics ...... and ....... Great seat!

Thanks!  Well, it was supposed to be for some big government guy :biggrin:.   My son works for the government (not an elected guy)  but he did get the chance to sign up to be a seat filler and his name got drawn, the guy couldn't make it.  Can't have any empty seats when you're filming, lol !

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

On 4/8/2024 at 10:36 PM, blueschica said:

Yes!  :smile:  My son was there as a seat filler (he lives in DC and some Senator didn't show up)  and was in the fifth row.  He was blown away by Metallica!  I enjoyed the whole thing but they were the most awesome.  It was fun when they showed audience shots of James Hetfield through the show and he was having so much fun singing along to Elton!  

Omg!!!!

How did you get on cancellation list?

11 hours ago, Laurabw said:

How did you get on cancellation list?

There was a sign up on the Library of Congress Facebook or Instagram page?  I forget exactly which one, but one of them put up a ticket request form about 8 weeks ago.  I got an email back that I was on the cancellation list, but it didn't work out, unfortunately.  Had a lot of fun watching it though!  

I must've missed it, i think i heard a bit too late! I would've died seeing James and the boys.

Besides being a huge EJ fan.