Robert Downey, Jr. Wins His First Academy Award

The Award for Best Supporting Actor goes to Robert Downey, Jr. for portraying Lewis Strauss in Oppenheimer.  

His first Academy Award in three attempts. 

b73b0330-10a1-4ab1-af71-a8d8ee820ea0_760

I haven't seen many of his films (Iron Man, The Avengers, The Pickup Artist....that's about it), and I haven't seen Oppenheimer, but I surely know great talent when I see it. 

The man is gifted.  Acting talent and natural charisma.  Even when accepting his first Oscar, he was (mostly) cool, collected and smooth.    :thumbsup:      

• Like 3

Glad to see Da'Vine win for supporting.  Best movie of the decade so far and great comeback for one of my favorite director's after that Downsizing flop.  It has my favorite insult from any movie in years.

"You are and always have been penis cancer in human form." :laugh:

• Like 2

Now I can go to my grave with my Downey Jr. pin on my uniform. This is all I've been waiting for these last 30 years or I'd have been out of here. Goodbye life and don't let the bedbugs bite... :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Now I can go to my grave with my Downey Jr. pin on my uniform. This is all I've been waiting for these last 30 years or I'd have been out of here. Goodbye life and don't let the bedbugs bite... :rolleyes:

A Robert Downey, Jr. pin?!  On your uniform?!!   :ohmy:

20a9d-animalhouse.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/10/2024 at 6:37 PM, Principled Man said:

The Award for Best Supporting Actor goes to Robert Downey, Jr. for portraying Lewis Strauss in Oppenheimer.  

His first Academy Award in three attempts. 

b73b0330-10a1-4ab1-af71-a8d8ee820ea0_760

I haven't seen many of his films (Iron Man, The Avengers, The Pickup Artist....that's about it), and I haven't seen Oppenheimer, but I surely know great talent when I see it. 

The man is gifted.  Acting talent and natural charisma.  Even when accepting his first Oscar, he was (mostly) cool, collected and smooth.    :thumbsup:      

For a great Downey Jr performance you should check out Chaplin :smile:

• Like 1