The Official 2023-24 NHL Season Thread

Rhyta

7 hours ago, Rhyta said:

I enjoy the Skills competition most, looks like Makar and Georgiev made it, no Rantenen :confused:.  Swayman and Bobrovsky too.  Will announce the rest tonight.

Maybe Makar shouldn't go, after his fastest skater contest last year. No wait, he was still wearing that stupid smile.  :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

The worst news is they're going to 'clean' again at the trade deadline, and then we can start the rebuild all over again next season.  :rolleyes:

:unsure::sigh:

On 1/6/2024 at 10:05 AM, blackhawkrush said:

Smith tried to prevent all that last night. I'm guessing he will be the only Hawk at ASG so why not? He leads the team in scoring. I don't see a better choice coming out of Chicago. 

Now he's had surgery, will he be able to attend?  Jack Hughes as well...wonder who will go in their places?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Now he's had surgery, will he be able to attend?  Jack Hughes as well...wonder who will go in their places?

They're saying Dickinson. 

• Like 1

BOSTON – The National Hockey League announced today, January 14, that Boston Bruins Head Coach Jim Montgomery has been named the head coach representing the Atlantic Division for the 2024 NHL All-Star Game in Toronto, Ontario. 

This nomination marks Montgomery’s second NHL All-Star appearance after representing the Atlantic Division in 2023. 

Peter Laviolette (New York Rangers, Metropolitan Division), Rick Bowness (Winnipeg Jets, Central Division) and Rick Tocchet (Vancouver Canucks, Pacific Division) were also selected as All-Star head coaches. Under the All-Star selection process, the head coach of the teams with the highest points percentage in each of the four divisions were selected.  

Montgomery has led the Bruins to a 25-8-9 record through 42 games this season. Under Montgomery, the Bruins currently sit fourth place in penalty kill (84.3 percent) and also have the league’s fifth best power-play (27.1 percent).  

Montgomery will join forward David Pastrnak and goaltender Jeremy Swayman in Toronto.:thumbsup::clap:

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 12:36 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Kane hurt already...

:eh:  Hope it's not for long. 

• Like 1

Avs have another player go into the NHLPA Player Assistance Program. Girard had just returned so  Nichushkin announced yesterday after missing a game.  Going to be a big hole to fill, he was having a good run.  So they lose to Montreal as a result:blink:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Hawks 4 Islanders 3 in OT. :blink: I didn't expect the Isles to fall apart on me in the second half of the game. :eh: 14-30-2

I wish the Blues were bad enough to dream of a #1 pick!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

I wish the Blues were bad enough to dream of a #1 pick!

Yes, you're in NHL purgatory. Not good enough to win the Cup, not bad enough to win in the draft.  Huge game tonight, Ducks at Sharks.  :popcorn:

• Like 2

After a rough game with Boston (they won so we split the season meetings) Avs go to Philly and have a wild game, winning 7-4.  MacKinnon slipped ahead of Kucherov in goals,  Logan O'Connor got his first hat trick and Cale Makar has 300 points, second fastest time for a defenseman to reach that number.

:thumbsup::clap:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Canucks 2 Hawks 0 :moon: But in Cups won, it's Hawks 6 Canucks 0 :nyanya: 14-31-2

At our age, I hope you stretched properly before making that reach . . . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

At our age, I hope you stretched properly before making that reach . . . 

In your case, it's six to one.   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yes, the Bruins will have four regulars returning to the lineup on Saturday night as they host the rival Montreal Canadiens at TD Garden for ‘New Blood, New Beginnings’ Era Night.

After missing the last 10 days with a lower-body injury, Linus Ullmark will be back between the pipes for Boston, while Brandon Carlo and Matt Poitras – both of whom were also injured on the B’s last road trip – will return as well. Blue liner Derek Forbort, who has not played since Dec. 3 due to a nagging lower-body injury, is also back in for the Black & Gold.

Toronto, plays their next two games in a back-to-back, and home, and home against Winnipeg.  Tonight, they are in Toronto, which Toronto, won 1-0 in overtime, and on Sat., in Winnipeg, which Toronto, won 4-2.  At home, they are 11-9-2.  On the road, they are 14-5-6.  The 2024 N.H.L. All-Star Skills, and All-Star Game are in Toronto on Feb. 2, and Feb. 3.  Representing Toronto, will be Auston Matthews, Mitch Marner, William Nylander, and Morgan Rielly.  Auston Matthews, scored two goals to give him forty in forty-seven games.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1