The Official 2023-24 NHL Season Thread

Rhyta

Avs win another game in OT with a goal by MacKinnon, 5-4 over Dallas.  He's tied with Kucherov for scoring lead :biggrin:

• Like 1

'Doctor Howard, Doctor :atickhum:Doctor Howard' Congrats to U.S. for winning World Juniors, with four Hawks on its roster. Get 'em up to the big league!  :pirate:

• Like 1

Devils 4 Hawks 2 :moon: And we lose Bedard. Hopefully Hughes shares the same fate as he also left the game. Just found another team to hate. 11-26-2

• Like 1

So, thoughts on Bedard being the youngest All-Star selection? (Ever? In years? I've forgotten the specifics). Is it tokenism, or does the Wunderkind deserve it?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

So, thoughts on Bedard being the youngest All-Star selection? (Ever? In years? I've forgotten the specifics). Is it tokenism, or does the Wunderkind deserve it?

Smith tried to prevent all that last night. I'm guessing he will be the only Hawk at ASG so why not? He leads the team in scoring. I don't see a better choice coming out of Chicago. 

• Like 1

Watching the behavior of the Flames in Philadelphia today, it's almost definite we're going to lose another guy tomorrow.  :rose:

Avs got their heads handed to them tonight.  :shakehead:  Playing from a deficit eventually catches up to you...what a train wreck:hockey2:

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 7:46 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Devils 4 Hawks 2 :moon: And we lose Bedard. Hopefully Hughes shares the same fate as he also left the game. Just found another team to hate. 11-26-2

Hughes will be out for a while but probably not as long as Bedard.  That was a vicious hit :unsure:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Hughes will be out for a while but probably not as long as Bedard.  That was a vicious hit :unsure:

At first, it looked like a clean hit, but Bedard was bleeding from the mouth, so obviously it wasn't. Jaw problem. But if it's not a concussion, he shouldn't miss a lot of time, hopefully. 

• Like 1

Fantastic game to make up for the stinker on Saturday.  Avs duel it out with Boston, win 4-3 in a shootout.  Was a great game but nerve wracking too.  Had an unusual occurrence, both teams got called for too many men on the ice at the same time :blink:  Don't think that is something I have ever seen before :biggrin:

• Like 1

Toronto's next games are a three game home stand, with a New York road game between the first, and second home games, a three game Western Canadian road trip, and in a U.S. city, too.  Tonight, Toronto plays a back-to-back, home, and home against San Jose, which Toronto, won 7-1, Thurs. in New York, against New York Islanders, which Toronto, lost 4-3 in overtime, Sat., against Colorado, which Toronto, lost 5-3, and Sun., against Detroit, which Toronto, lost 4-2.  The 2023-24 N.H.L. season is half in it, and next Tues., Toronto, is in Edmonton, against Edmonton, which Toronto, lost 4-2, next Thurs., in Calgary, against Calgary, which Toronto, won 4-3, next Sat., in Vancouver, against Vancouver, which Toronto, lost 6-4, and next Sun., in Seattle, against Seattle, which Toronto, won 3-1.  At home, they are 10-9-2.  On the road, they are 13-5-6.  Auston Matthews, scored eight goals to give him thirty-eight in forty-five games.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Oilers 2 Hawks 1 :thumbsdown: Tuesday night with ESPN? :no: Had to switch to the French-Canadian feed. 12-27-2

I saw highlights, it was a close game.  The Hawks are trying in the absence of Bedard.

So are you voting on the All Star roster?  My hubby is sending our 10 votes each day.  I think it runs through the 11th.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rhyta said:

I saw highlights, it was a close game.  The Hawks are trying in the absence of Bedard.

So are you voting on the All Star roster?  My hubby is sending our 10 votes each day.  I think it runs through the 11th.

I find it difficult to vote since I will not be watching any of the proceedings. :blush: Those constant smiling faces, I just can't get with the program. 

On 1/10/2024 at 11:07 AM, blackhawkrush said:

I find it difficult to vote since I will not be watching any of the proceedings. :blush: Those constant smiling faces, I just can't get with the program. 

I enjoy the Skills competition most, looks like Makar and Georgiev made it, no Rantenen :confused:.  Swayman and Bobrovsky too.  Will announce the rest tonight.

On 1/12/2024 at 1:09 PM, blackhawkrush said:

I don't mind Foligno signing a two-year extension, but let's not make a habit of giving 36-year-olds $4.5M contracts. 

Didn't they set themselves up for this?  Clearing out the team then scrabbling around to get players, going to cost them money in any event.  Looks like Perry is going to be playing again, rumors say Toronto is interested :unsure:

• Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 8:30 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Jets 2 Hawks 1 :16ton: At the trade deadline, take my Mrazek, please. :drool:12-28-2

You really thought they had a chance against the Jets?  From what I saw, Mrazek played a great game, the defense did too but they all ran out of gas IMHO

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rhyta said:

You really thought they had a chance against the Jets?  From what I saw, Mrazek played a great game, the defense did too but they all ran out of gas IMHO

Yeah, Mrazek stayed in the crease for a change. He really wants to get out of Chicago.  :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Didn't they set themselves up for this?  Clearing out the team then scrabbling around to get players, going to cost them money in any event.  Looks like Perry is going to be playing again, rumors say Toronto is interested :unsure:

The worst news is they're going to 'clean' again at the trade deadline, and then we can start the rebuild all over again next season.  :rolleyes: