The Official 2023-24 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Lewandowski revealed to us songs he likes to listen to before games: Justin Timberlake - Mirrors, 2Unlimited - No Limit and ReTo - Billy Kid. First it was Barcelona but now he's gone too far. It's over between us.  :angry:  

Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

New fan of Molde here. All animosities involving skiing and ski jumping forgotten.   :fistbump: 

I've missed something; what happened to turn your affections around?

6 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

I've missed something; what happened to turn your affections around?

They scored six on Legia in their Conference League tie.  :atickhum:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Piast 0 Cracovia 0 :facepalm: I've seen some bad games, but this one takes the stale cake. Ekstraklasa should pay us to watch this crap! 

Not one of those "pulsating" nil-nil draws, then, eh?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Not one of those "pulsating" nil-nil draws, then, eh?

Honestly, never seen so many bad passes. It's like they already played a game and started another. 

Wisla 0 GKS 1 :angry: What's the point of having all these Spaniards when they can't even take down an all-Polish team who is now six points ahead of them in the standings?

12 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Polish Cup quarterfinal: Wisla 2 Widzew 1 after ET. :smoke: Impossible to write about this game. This had to be seen.  

More exciting than Klopp's Kinder whipping Southampton? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

More exciting than Klopp's Kinder whipping Southampton? 

You tell me. 2nd half of ET, goal kick to Wisla, defender starts off by passing it to the goalkeeper, he shows too much of the ball, forward comes over, easy tap-in. Goal is called back because the striker had his big toe inside the penalty area before the re-start. 17 minutes added to the second half, seven for fogging up the stadium by fans and it took the referees ten minutes to figure out whether there was an offside before the goal or a foul before the offside or another offside before the foul. They finally decided to award a penalty kick to Widzew. Wisla's equalizer in the 117th minute of the second period, which was also Var-ed for a possible push-off in the box, and the game winner in the 119th minute. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. They're calling it the strangest match in decades. I should get a t-shirt saying, 'I survived Feb 28th, 2024.'  

• Haha 1

Cracovia 0 Warta 1 :moon: Another masterpiece. Brazilian TV should get the rights to these games and play them as comedy shows like Mr. Bean. On the bright side, Cracovia's hockey team began first-round playoffs today with a win.  :smile:

Wisla vs Piast in the semifinal of the Polish Cup. Fortunate draw, with Pogon and Jagielonia the other options.  

16 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

On the bright side, Cracovia's hockey team began first-round playoffs today with a win.  :smile:

Maybe the Blackhawks should sign a couple of them . . .

• Like 1

Maybe the Blackhawks should sign a couple of them . . .

There is a Spacek on the team, but I don't think it's the same pedigree as Jaroslav. 

46 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

There is a Spacek on the team, but I don't think it's the same pedigree as Jaroslav. 

Or even Sissy, perhaps . . . .

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Or even Sissy, perhaps . . . .

We were just talking about him and her at the 'what are you binge watching' thread.  :alien:

Odra 1 Wisla 2 :cool: One of the best away games from Wisla in recent history. Quite unexpected. I thought they'd be tired after that crazy Cup tie. 

"Diaz F***s It Up in the Box" count is up to three.

That was a nice run, though.

If Liverpool doesn't win the title, who would you rather see at the top, Man City or Arsenal?