The Official 2023-24 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

33 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

If Liverpool doesn't win the title, who would you rather see at the top, Man City or Arsenal?  

Oooh. Is "gouge my eyes out" an option? I loathe Arsenal, but I hate monotony more, so give me the Arse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Oooh. Is "gouge my eyes out" an option? I loathe Arsenal, but I hate monotony more, so give me the Arse.

Kiwior it is.  :moon:

• Like 1

Arsenal - Porto. In the old days, they would just switch sides and play, in between extra-time periods. Now they're taking a full medical break.  :hockey2:

On 3/1/2024 at 1:31 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Cracovia's hockey team began first-round playoffs today with a win.  :smile:

Lost in seven.   :banghead:

8 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Wisla 2 Miedz 0 :smile: Rodado puts it into overdrive in the second half.   

One of your imported Brazilians?

3 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

One of your imported Brazilians?

No, Spaniard (not Russell Crowe), like most of the team and coach and GM...  

• Haha 1

Cracovia 2 Widzew 2 :smoke: Rakoczy salvages a point in the 90th minute. Classy behavior in the stands. Giant painting, covering a few sections, of a Cracovia fan with a knife in one hand and Wisla supporter's severed head in the other. 

14 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Cracovia 2 Widzew 2 :smoke: Rakoczy salvages a point in the 90th minute. Classy behavior in the stands. Giant painting, covering a few sections, of a Cracovia fan with a knife in one hand and Wisla supporter's severed head in the other. 

:unsure:

Gawd, how I hate Man Utd. I can't be the only person who thinks Garnacho looks like he ought to be punched in the face.

And Mac Allister should be kissed.   :kiss:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Aren't Cracovia and Wisla the two teams you support? Are they also rivals? So you are serious about liking the Red Wings? This changes everything!!!!

• Like 1

Aren't Cracovia and Wisla the two teams you support? Are they also rivals? So you are serious about liking the Red Wings? This changes everything!!!!

I will admit, when I first started out as a supporter, I was a Wisla man, but only because they were the team in the top league at the time. Cracovia is the sole club with a hockey franchise in town so, being a hockey nut, obviously I have to also be a Cracovia fan. And yes, there's no love lost between the two fan bases, even deaths were involved, I seem to remember. Anyway, it's all kids' stuff, nothing to do with me.  :old:

• Like 1

Gawd, how I hate Man Utd. I can't be the only person who thinks Garnacho looks like he ought to be punched in the face.

Total shit.

Conference League and Europa League titles (even though they have different names) in volleyball go to Poland. Now for the Champions League... 

44 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Chrobry 3 Wisla 2 :banghead: And what's worse, Rodado injured in training, probably out for the season. 

Adding injury to insult . . .

3 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Adding injury to insult . . .

No, you got it right the first time. The injury came before the insult...losing to Chrobry.   :facepalm:

Pogon 3 Cracovia 1 :rolleyes: Playing last place team next weekend. Three points is a must, or we won't have a Krakow team in Ekstraklasa's upcoming season, and that hasn't happened since the 1990s.