The Official 2023-24 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Wisla 0 Sosnowiec 0 :angry: Biggest budget in the league and we can't beat teams that are fighting for their existence in Fortuna 1 Liga. Especially this one who had to play a cup tie on Tuesday including overtime. 

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

This Liverpool away kit is 'orrible. 

Yeah, pretty bad, but at least you can tell the teams apart. When one is in all red and the other in all green, I might as well switch it off. 

5 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Yeah, pretty bad, but at least you can tell the teams apart. When one is in all red and the other in all green, I might as well switch it off. 

I suppose red v orange would be no picnic, either, but how about a nice crisp white away shirt?

• Like 1

I suppose red v orange would be no picnic, either, but how about a nice crisp white away shirt?

Anything's better than the Polish national team's sorry attempt to play in blue.   :facepalm:  

• Haha 1

Hutnik Kakow (plays in third tier) in match-fixing trouble. Two veteran players kicked off the team. That's what happens when you lead 3-0 at halftime of the last two games, and then lose 3-4 and 3-5. League will investigate. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Polish Cup: Wisla 3 Polonia 0 :smile: With my luck, it'll be Wisla vs Cracovia in the next round. 

Do you have one of those split scarves or jerseys ready to go, just in case?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Do you have one of those split scarves or jerseys ready to go, just in case?

Only if they meet in the final. :blink: What am I saying. But if somebody was foolish enough to undertake such a venture, they would be able to count on just one purchase of each. :wave: Only a Hawks-Wings combo could get less of a revenue. 

Europa League:  There's some joke to be made about "to lose/Toulouse," but I'm still too annoyed to make it.

:fistscrying: 

Monty Python did that but with them it was 'No time Toulouse'.  

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Playoffs for EURO 2024 are set. Poland vs Estonia, and then Wales or Finland.  :scared:

Gotta prefer facing the Welsh -- no telling how well or how badly they'll play, and it might be a down game. The Finns seem more slow and steady.

• Like 1