Immaculate Grid, a fun new baseball trivia game (and there are also similar games for the NFL, NBA, and NHL)

50 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Bit of a comedown today: 4/9, 592.

I can't believe (well, I can, actually) that I forgot Clemens pitched for the Rangers, and childhood me is confused that I could forget Jack Morris.

Clemens was a Blue Jay but not a Ranger.

I had Dave Stieb for the 200 Ks, and he topped out at 198.  Should have gone with Halladay.

I used Denny McLain for the 20+ wins for Detroit.

By the way, Clemens and Morris are two of the biggest backwards in recent baseball history so I try to avoid thinking about them as much as possible, so at least (if you agree) you have that going for you.  :wink:

8 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Did you get all the Cubs, at least?

That wasn't yesterday.  The Rockies and Mariners are two dead spots in my knowledge, especially the Rockies, who seem to have infinite use for players no one else wants.

Yes, I did get all of the Cubs.   31.2 rarity points for them.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Arrrrgh, 8 of 9, 171 rarity.  Just missed on Marlins-Reds, but after looking at the answers, I'm not sure how I could have gotten it.  Derek Dietrich, maybe.

• Like 1

And 7/328 for the NFL.  And that's with pulling Dick Shiner out of my, err, the recesses of my mind for the Pit/NYG combo.

Low score on MLB, I missed on Tim Raines not having 200 hits and then guessed on a couple so only 6/9 there but got 8 of 9 on the NFL.

Arrrrghhh, I knew 3 Tor-Bal and considered 2, the other was used, before choosing a wrong answrr.  8/9 221

9/9 the last two days for MLB with rarity scores of 77 and 74.  9/9 today for the NFL with a rarity score of 170.

• Like 1

Got 8 of 9 in MLB, NFL, and NBA.  Rarity scores of 349, 192, and 166 respectively.  I guess it helps your rarity score when most of your knowledge ends in the 80s, like for the NBA.

• Like 1

9/9 for 59 for MLB

Even got 6 today in the NHL.  0 for 3 on the Ducks though.

Nova if you're following this still they added a category for soccer.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

9/9 for 59 for MLB

Even got 6 today in the NHL.  0 for 3 on the Ducks though.

Nova if you're following this still they added a category for soccer.

I am! I just got tired of posting my normal 5/9! It's frustrating to me my recall of these things isn't better, considering how much of my youth I spent studying the backs of players' cards . . . As for the soccer, I'll add it to the routine, but my knowledge of the Italian Serie A, for example, is weak, at best; that one may depend more on the day!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

I am! I just got tired of posting my normal 5/9! It's frustrating to me my recall of these things isn't better, considering how much of my youth I spent studying the backs of players' cards . . . As for the soccer, I'll add it to the routine, but my knowledge of the Italian Serie A, for example, is weak, at best; that one may depend more on the day!

Norm Cash apparently never won a Gold Glove.  Should have gone with a surer thing.

29 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Eddie Murray wasn't a .300 hitter? Ugh.

Nor was Bagwell, at .297.  A lot of these guys are .300 then dip below in the last couple of years, ala Pujols, who I believe fell all the way from .330.

I guessed George Sisler for the Browns/Orioles.

• Like 1

9/9 for the NFL (it was fun to use Jan Scenery in one of the two places he would have fit.  Also, 9/9 for MLB.  I couldn't think of a Cardinal who played for the Mariners until I saw Kolten Wong as a Dodger in their game against the Braves.

12 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

How is it possible Tony Gwynn never won an MVP? Oof. 

:confused:

His highest finish was 3rd in 1984.   That was the only time he finished in the top 5, despite leading the league in WAR in 1986 and 1987 and when he hit .394 in 1994 (strike year), he finished 7th.

1 minute ago, laughedatbytime said:

:confused:

His highest finish was 3rd in 1984.   That was the only time he finished in the top 5, despite leading the league in WAR in 1986 and 1987 and when he hit .394 in 1994 (strike year), he finished 7th.

I guessed Ichiro for the MVP and .300 hitter, he won as a rookie in 2001.

• Like 1

OK, this sucks.  In today's NFL game, I had the rams- dolphins square, and trying for a low rarity score I chose Malcom Brown from the dropdown menu. As it turns out the RB who played for the Rams and Dolphins was Malcolm Brown with a second L.

:facepalm:

• Haha 1

Kicked my ass again today. Freakin' Nomah Garciaparra! And I could not come up with a Dodger/Yankee -- and looking at the list later, I could tell why. Tommy John, yeah, okay, but do I really need to be able to pull someone like Wee Willie Keeler from my memory banks?

Yeesh.

• Like 1