Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Just now, treeduck said:

That's the heavy metal album of 1992!

I loved it today! Not played Toto in a long time, and was quite blown away by it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I loved it today! Not played Toto in a long time, and was quite blown away by it.

That was one of the last albums I got on vinyl in that era before I totally abandoned it for CDs, which I'd already slowly started collecting.

• Like 2

Just now, treeduck said:

That was one of the last albums I got on vinyl in that era before I totally abandoned it for CDs, which I'd already slowly started collecting.

Oh really?

I have to say, I really was stunned by KoD. Never really rated it before but I thought, aside from two songs, it was sublime!

• Like 1

Just now, Segue Myles said:

Oh really?

I have to say, I really was stunned by KoD. Never really rated it before but I thought, aside from two songs, it was sublime!

I use a CD version these days but I still have the vinyl I bought. This is the only TOTO album where there's no "lead" singer, Lukather pretty much does it all and TOTO were just a four piece, Luke, Paich, Jeff P and Mike P and soon they were reduced to three. 

• Like 1

Just now, treeduck said:

I use a CD version these days but I still have the vinyl I bought. This is the only TOTO album where there's no "lead" singer, Lukather pretty much does it all and TOTO were just a four piece, Luke, Paich, Jeff P and Mike P and soon they were reduced to three. 

What are your fave songs?

I have to say, I love The Other Side, Gypsy Train, the title track and Wings Of Time.

The two skips are She Knows The Devil And Kick Down The Walls. Even their titles are lame.

• Like 1

What are your fave songs?

I have to say, I love The Other Side, Gypsy Train, the title track and Wings Of Time.

The two skips are She Knows The Devil And Kick Down The Walls. Even their titles are lame.

The title track and Wings of Time, I love the epic tracks on this one, and they suit Steve's voice.

Oh yeah I forgot, they did the same four piece line-up (but with Simon Phillips) on Tambu, where Luke did most of the lead vocals as well. They had more backing singers on that one though.

• Like 1

Just now, treeduck said:

The title track and Wings of Time, I love the epic tracks on this one, and they suit Steve's voice.

Oh yeah I forgot, they did the same four piece line-up (but with Simon Phillips) on Tambu, where Luke did most of the lead vocals as well. They had more backing singers on that one though.

I love Tambu more. Every single song on that one is killer. I also think it's one of the best produced and mixed albums I've ever heard!

I adore Mindfields as well but The High Price Of Hate sucks, take it out and its nothing but gems for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

I love Tambu more. Every single song on that one is killer. I also think it's one of the best produced and mixed albums I've ever heard!

I adore Mindfields as well but The High Price Of Hate sucks, take it out and its nothing but gems for me.

There's something up with Mindfields, it's good and it was cool that they brought Bobby Kimball back, but it's like an album from an alternative universe or something that someone wished into this reality. There's something weird going on there. Also it's like TOTO wanted to be like The Beatles on that one.

• Like 1

Just now, treeduck said:

There's something up with Mindfields, it's good and it was cool that they brought Bobby Kimball back, but it's like an album from an alternative universe or something that someone wished into this reality. There's something weird going on there. Also it's like TOTO wanted to be like The Beatles on that one.

It used to be a low ranking album for me, but once I accepted that SOMETIMES it's okay to skip tracks, I came to greatly enjoy the material.

Spanish Steps is an exceptional song. I'm still confused as to why it was a bonus track. 

I've also come to really enjoy Falling In Between, though it's got some embarrassing lyrics that bring it down for me a little.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

It used to be a low ranking album for me, but once I accepted that SOMETIMES it's okay to skip tracks, I came to greatly enjoy the material.

Spanish Steps is an exceptional song. I'm still confused as to why it was a bonus track. 

I've also come to really enjoy Falling In Between, though it's got some embarrassing lyrics that bring it down for me a little.

I never got that bonus track, it wasn't on my copy. That 10 minute blues song should have been dropped I think and then they could have included it.

21 minutes ago, treeduck said:

I never got that bonus track, it wasn't on my copy. That 10 minute blues song should have been dropped I think and then they could have included it.

It's on the version in the recent box set (which was quite a nifty purchase, to be honest).

It is definitely one of my favourite Toto songs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

You are the only you there will ever be, Segue. lol.

he drives me nuts but i wouldn't have it any other way, lol.

i can  still remember the first time i encountered the lengendary "Segue"

it was for some rush album (RTB i think)  He spent a good while saying how thin and wimpy it was.

Then the next week no gradual shift.

"OH my gosh BRILLIANCE!!!!!!!!"

i scratched my head all day, lol.

that's our boy.

Mick

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

It's on the version in the recent box set (which was quite a nifty purchase, to be honest).

It is definitely one of my favourite Toto songs.

Right, I haven't picked that up yet, probably because I'm not quite as big on it for some reason. I'll grab it eventually.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, treeduck said:

Right, I haven't picked that up yet, probably because I'm not quite as big on it for some reason. I'll grab it eventually.

I got it mostly because it was an enticing purchase, with an official remaster for Turn Back amongst other things.

I did not rate the new album Old Is New.

Also, it sits quite nice nicely next to my Judas Priest, Yes, Kansas, Alan Parsons Project, Enchant and Blue Oyster Cult box sets.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

I got it mostly because it was an enticing purchase, with an official remaster for Turn Back amongst other things.

I did not rate the new album Old Is New.

Turn Back is the under the radar Killer album from TOTO.

Just now, treeduck said:

There is not a weak moment!

I definitely need to revisit it soon. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Turn Back back is amazing and gets (unfairly IMO) passed over for little brother IV.

Mick

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

There is not a weak moment!

I definitely need to revisit it soon. 

I think Bluefox is lying about Isolation and TOTO IV, they're absolutely his favourite albums of all time! And Turn Back is 3rd on his list!

• Like 1