Guitar Hero game for PS2

CygnusX-1Bk2

Ok, this game is a must have for guitar players and wannabees everywhere. It comes with an "SG" controller, so it's a bit more pricey than your standard game ($69.99 at Best Buy), but it is worth it. Basically you unlock songs by performing them and graduating through basement bars, clubs, and eventually stadiums. There are a handfull of characters to choose from.

All guitars that you can play and "buy" are all official Gibson models; Les Paul, SG, Explorer, Flying V's (even the V2), (yes Lee) ES 335, Moderne, Firebird, and the lowly Corvus. Each guitar can be re"skinned" so you can play a burst Paul, or a Gold Top, etc.

This game is funner than hell! Even if you play guitar. The game experience is great fun and multiplayer is also a blast.

The songs range from classic rock to metal and blues and 4 levels of difficulty for each. My favorites are More Than A Felling by Boston and Killer Queen by Queen (no, not the originals but very good sound alikes). If you misplay you hear clinkers, feedback and the crowd will boo you. You get extra points for wowing the crowd. It is hilarious.

No Rush tunes in this version but there are some requests for them in sequels on the game forum.

Check it out you won't be disappointed.

Guitar Hero

Your resident game guy...

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

You'll like it! It incorporates actual guitar technique in the gameplay.

From what I have seen on the game forum it is available in Canada.

QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Nov 18 2005, 12:19 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 18 2005, 11:35 AM)
I'm not even a guitar player and I want this game. Now if only they'd do the same thing for drummers...

They do, it's just a dollar to play at arcades...i watched my cousin eff up YYZ at this one arcade...

They've got this Taiko Drum Master thing for PS2. It's like a version of Donkey Konga.

QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Nov 18 2005, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 18 2005, 11:35 AM)
I'm not even a guitar player and I want this game. Now if only they'd do the same thing for drummers...

They do, it's just a dollar to play at arcades...i watched my cousin eff up YYZ at this one arcade...

I know. I've played that one. I meant for a PS2 and along the same lines as Guitar Hero.

They've got this Taiko Drum Master thing for PS2. It's like a version of Donkey Konga.

How similar is it to Donkey Konga? Because I played Donkey Konga once and found it incredibly boring.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 18 2005, 02:28 PM)

How similar is it to Donkey Konga? Because I played Donkey Konga once and found it incredibly boring.

I haven't played Taiko drum master, but I also found Donkey Konga to be boring as well as easy.

tongue.gif They need stuff like this for the gameboy DS... ya know, you could strum the string on the touch screen. O_o or play the drum... but it would be weak and impossible. They need a touch sensitive screen, so it has different effects the harder you press it. Stupid people and their uncanny ability to not-think-things-through.

Surprised noone has resurrected this thread yet. Guess it'll have to be me.

Yes, our very own Schroeder actually plays Guitar Hero. I never made it past Hard difficulty, but I did have a lot of fun with it, and still pick it up once in awhile.

But the real news is that Guitar Hero 2 is in full swing and slated for release around November of this year.

But wait, there's more!

Rumor has it that *gasp* Rush is going to be one of the songs!! Woohoo!!

Which means not only were the boys approached to be on the game, they gave the thumbs up! Too cool.

What song, do you ask?

Good question. Appears to be noneother than instrumental favorite, YYZ!

(One can only guess that they tried to get Behind My Camel but were turned down hehe)

Anyway, this is huge! In just a few short months we'll be able to play YYZ on PS2! And in interviews it's claimed that you'll be choose either guitar or bass parts for each song.

I can't wait to tackle the bass for that song. My family may never see me again.

Anway, thought I'd share the good news.

Cheers,

cool.gif

Schro

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=64350

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/701/701726p1.html

Edited by Schro

Yup. Strutter (KISS) and War Pigs too!

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Nov 17 2005, 08:18 PM)
Ok, this game is a must have for guitar players and wannabees everywhere. It comes with an "SG" controller, so it's a bit more pricey than your standard game ($69.99 at Best Buy), but it is worth it. Basically you unlock songs by performing them and graduating through basement bars, clubs, and eventually stadiums. There are a handfull of characters to choose from.
All guitars that you can play and "buy" are all official Gibson models; Les Paul, SG, Explorer, Flying V's (even the V2), (yes Lee) ES 335, Moderne, Firebird, and the lowly Corvus. Each guitar can be re"skinned" so you can play a burst Paul, or a Gold Top, etc.
This game is funner than hell! Even if you play guitar. The game experience is great fun and multiplayer is also a blast.
The songs range from classic rock to metal and blues and 4 levels of difficulty for each. My favorites are More Than A Felling by Boston and Killer Queen by Queen (no, not the originals but very good sound alikes). If you misplay you hear clinkers, feedback and the crowd will boo you. You get extra points for wowing the crowd. It is hilarious.
No Rush tunes in this version but there are some requests for them in sequels on the game forum.
Check it out you won't be disappointed.
Guitar Hero

Your resident game guy...

We should see this kid on Guitar Hero 3 (here shown with Kid Rock's Gibson SG, one of three made), I'm hoping:

http://snakedawg.com/images/home_snake_photo.png

Back when this game first came out, I logged onto the forum and asked for a lot of things, including YYZ. Now, I'm not saying I solely got it on there, but it's definitly a kickass song for it!

Now if there's a two player guitar/bass mode....

"Rumor" as it there will be.