Last movie you watched, v.2

yyz305

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

It was three daughters vs Adolphe as well. The other daughters wanted Hayward to get married because Adolphe insisted that she was next in line and they already had their guys picked out.

Meanwhile, Lousie's hernia has been confirmed, and Jim, Bob's brother, has run over the editor of the 'Lancet' on his way to see Jenny, a freelance Pagoda designer.  :zzz: 

• Haha 2

On 12/27/2023 at 11:47 PM, treeduck said:

Oppenheimer, it was pretty good. I've always loved Fat Man and Little Boy with Jon Cusak and Paul Newman and will always consider it a superior movie, but Oppenheimer was indeed watchable. Great special effects, too.

Edited by Jack Aubrey
Two kurrect speling!
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Aubrey said:

Oppenheimer, it was pretty good. I've alwaysd loved Fat Man and Little Boy with Jon Cusak and Paul Newman and will always consider it a superior movie, but Oppenheimer was indeed watchable. Great special effects, too.

Saw that in 11th grade US history class about 25-26 years ago.  Same class even showed Untouchables since the prohibition era was studied.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

The movie that made me love movies for life and it’s still great 35 years later.  Saw it 3 times in a theater.

PATTYCAKE!

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

On 12/24/2023 at 6:51 PM, Principled Man said:

Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom

• This film exceeded my expectations of just how bad a DCEU film could be.  My mother, sister, brother-in-law and I all thought it was bad.   
  • Two hours felt like three.  The dialogue was juvenile, awkward and very predictable.  The plot and ending were predictable.    
  • Sometimes, it seemed like the actors would wait an extra second for the director to tell them when to speak.    
  • Special Guest Star Randall Park, who was the whiny, annoying FBI agent in Ant-Man and the Wasp, co-starred as the whiny, annoying scientist working with Black Manta.  All of his whiny, annoying screen time should have been given to Black Manta.  
  • The visuals were very good - better than in the first film.
  • Many shameless "borrowings" of scenes and characters from Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.  The names were changed to prevent lawsuits.      

I graciously give the film an F.  There is something definitely Fishy in the DCEU these days.  I think it's time to completely clean the tank.  

Thank you for the review! I very much appreciate it.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

On 12/14/2023 at 11:41 PM, treeduck said:

maNsiZYyKIwZzFXmUp7uzNxYdrO.jpg

I enjoyed that movie a lot more than I thought I would, it was super fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pressure/Hopenosis said:

Well?  What did you think?  Better than what Marvel's been doing?

I loved it.    Jasons brother in it (Patrick Wilson ) was so good along side his brother.  

I didnt know Amber heard almost didnt get the part as Jasons wife.   Guess the have no chemistry together.  Looked ok to me.  Its not great but i enjoyed it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Have you seen Whitaker in 'Ghost Dog'? Such an underrated movie. 

Is that the one where he's a hitman and he spends a lot of time on a roof with pigeons?

• Like 1

Is that the one where he's a hitman and he spends a lot of time on a roof with pigeons?

Yeah, it's a slow build-up.   :confused:

• Like 1

Yeah I like that one. I've not seen it for about 10 or 15 years.

And I'm probably the only guy who liked 'Battlefield Earth'.  :blush:

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Should've picked Ilinois :unsure: on second thought... 

The funny thing about this film is when people get shot they put a fuzzy oval over the bullet wounds, like they're censoring it! :laugh:

• Like 1

Hallmark romance for her, time travel plot and a couple of Star Trek actors for me.

A Biltmore Christmas (TV Movie 2023) - IMDb

12 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

And I'm probably the only guy who liked 'Battlefield Earth'.  :blush:

The one big studio movie that broke me on Rifftrax.  Not even Twilight and Transformers did that.:laugh:  That movie is Dutch angle shots on autopilot.

Speaking of Rifftrax, it happened to be commentary for the last one I watched.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

The one big studio movie that broke me on Rifftrax.  Not even Twilight and Transformers did that.:laugh:  That movie is Dutch angle shots on autopilot.

Speaking of Rifftrax, it happened to be commentary for the last one I watched.

What about a Beverly Hills 90210 star vs some midget bikers instead?