Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness - May 6th!

Principled Man

[Keeping mind I haven't seen any of this movie yet . . .]

As a general premise, do you find that time travel/multiverse stories have a sort of "magic escape clause" in every plot device because a character can just wander in and say, "oh let's undo what has just been done"? I love Back to the Future, but I always find the stakes in these things impossibly low because everything can just be hand waved away.

Maybe I want my fantasy to be more realistic!

Edited by Nova Carmina

As a general premise, do you find that time travel/multiverse stories have a sort of "magic escape clause" in every plot device because a character can just wander in and say, "oh let's undo what has just been done"? I love Back to the Future, but I always find the stakes in these things impossibly low because everything can just be hand waved away.

It's a common plot device in superhero comic books. Resurrections happen all the time. You can never assume that anyone is permanently dead.

• Like 2

It's a common plot device in superhero comic books. Resurrections happen all the time. You can never assume that anyone is permanently dead.

Maybe that's my gap, then, as I've never been into comic books.

At 1:15 in the video, Strange walks into a big audience hall with big chairs up high. He's facing a "High Council" of some sort.

Then a voice says, "We should tell him the truth."

Many people are certain that it is Charles Xavier speaking, because they know that Xavier (Patrick Stewart) is in the film at some point. I disagree. The voice is too high-pitched to belong to Patrick Stewart, whose voice is far lower in pitch.

I'm quite certain that the voice is that of British actor David Warner (Tron, Titanic, Star Trek and many other films). I've heard Warner's voice quite often, and I believe he is the one speaking.

http://www.aveleyman.com/Gallery/2017/W/17942-2161.jpg

Edited by Principled Man

Maybe that's my gap, then, as I've never been into comic books.

I have the same issue. There's just not enough tension when the Hero can turn back time, or is wearing an impenetrable suit of superhardestmetallium.
  • Like 1