Name your top 5 Blue Oyster Cult albums

treeduck

For me it's just a top 4 and this is it:

1. Fire of Unknown Origin

2. Secret Treaties

3. Cultosaurus Erectus

4. Club Ninja

BOC albums I really don't like:

Agents of Fortune - I hate every song apart from one, it's like an album of outtakes. And even the one I like, Don't Fear the Reaper, has been ruined by that SNL sketch, now all I hear is that cowbell all the way through...

Spectres - I like Godzilla but the rest is trash!

Tyranny and Mutation - I've tried to get into this album but it always sounds like average rock n' roll fare to me.

The rest of the albums are either a big MEH or they're just ok.

• Like 2

1. Cultosaurus Erectus

2. Spectres

3. Secret Treaties

4. Mirrors

5. The Revolution By Night

The only one I don't really like is Club Ninja. I don't really count Imaginos as it's really a Bouchard solo album dressed up as BOC.

I'd like to get The Revolution By Night, I've never owned it but I've liked all the songs I've heard. There's never a good copy about when I'm looking.

• Like 2

1. Cultosaurus Erectus

2. Spectres

3. Secret Treaties

4. Mirrors

The only one I don't really like is Club Ninja. I don't really count Imaginos as it's really a Bouchard solo album dressed up as BOC.

I like Club Ninja, which probably proves I'm an anti-BOC fan! :16ton:

• Like 2

1. Cultosaurus Erectus

2. Spectres

3. Secret Treaties

4. Mirrors

It's the only real turd they ever dropped imo. To each his own.

1. Cultosaurus Erectus

2. Spectres

3. Secret Treaties

4. Mirrors

I'd like to get The Revolution By Night, I've never owned it but I've liked all the songs I've heard. There's never a good copy about when I'm looking.

It's a very good album. It gets dismissed by many BOC fans but I love it. Take Me Away, Eyes on Fire, Veins, The Shadow of California are all top-notch.

• Like 1

2. Secret Treaties

3. Cultosaurus Erectus

4. Club Ninja

Agents of Fortune - I hate every song apart from one, it's like an album of outtakes. And even the one I like, Don't Fear the Reaper, has been ruined by that SNL sketch, now all I hear is that cowbell all the way through...

Tyranny and Mutation - I've tried to get into this album but it always sounds like average rock n' roll fare to me.

I have to disagree with the last part of this. Agents, Tyranny & Spectres are all platinum rock!

• Like 1

2. Secret Treaties

3. Cultosaurus Erectus

4. Club Ninja

Yeah, that cowbell thing got to be annoying. Are we just counting studio albums? I'm a huge fan of On Your Feet Or On Your Knees, the double live album.

• Like 1

2. Secret Treaties

3. Cultosaurus Erectus

4. Club Ninja

Yeah, that cowbell thing got to be annoying. Are we just counting studio albums? I'm a huge fan of On Your Feet Or On Your Knees, the double live album.

The best version of Then Came the Last Days of May is on that album.

• Like 2

2. Secret Treaties

3. Cultosaurus Erectus

4. Club Ninja

Yeah just studio albums.

• Like 1

1. Cultosaurus Erectus

2. Spectres

3. Secret Treaties

4. Mirrors

It's a very good album. It gets dismissed by many BOC fans but I love it. Take Me Away, Eyes on Fire, Veins, The Shadow of California are all top-notch.

One of these days I'll grab it and finally have a BOC top 5!

• Like 1

2. Secret Treaties

3. Cultosaurus Erectus

4. Club Ninja

I have to disagree with the last part of this. Agents, Tyranny & Spectres are all platinum rock!

I just don't hear it. I find them annoying and hard to enjoy.

1. Cultosaurus Erectus

2. Spectres

3. Secret Treaties

4. Mirrors

It's the only real turd they ever dropped imo. To each his own.

Oh God :o

2. Secret Treaties

3. Cultosaurus Erectus

4. Club Ninja

Spectres is brilliant. Nosferatu, Death Valley Nights, The Golden Age of Leather, I Love the Night are some of the best songs they ever did. Give it another try.

2. Secret Treaties

3. Cultosaurus Erectus

4. Club Ninja

Spectres is brilliant. Nosferatu, Death Valley Nights, The Golden Age of Leather, I Love the Night are some of the best songs they ever did. Give it another try.

I've got my copy somewhere.

• Like 1

2. Secret Treaties

3. Cultosaurus Erectus

4. Club Ninja

I had a listen on youtube on the official CULT channel. I like the song titles and the ideas of the songs, but apart from Godzilla I just find them boring, with not much exciting going on, and no great tunes. What can I say? I only seem to like certain BOC albums.

1- Agents of Fortune (sorry Ducky :P but I love every song on this album)

2- Cultosaurus Erectus

3- Secret Treaties

4- Fire of Unknown origin

5- Blue Oyster Cult

• Like 2

B.O.C. is a band that to my ears has never released a great album. But they have released dozens of great songs. Every album has songs I just do not like at all, and every album has songs I like very much. Edited by Mosher

They definitely fit into the "greatest hits is enough" category. Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

1- Agents of Fortune (sorry Ducky :P but I love every song on this album)

2- Cultosaurus Erectus

3- Secret Treaties

4- Fire of Unknown origin

5- Blue Oyster Cult

You're MAD, you're a bloody madman, just like in this clip...

• Like 1