Rush 2010 compilation record called ICON will be released on vinyl record...but only in Canada!

YYZumbi

shit compilation tbh

I like it, it has Fly By Night, Circumstances, Twilight Zone and the Necromancer. Not the usual run of the mill choices.

Just looked at the track listing of this..... very strange indeed ...... with The Necromancer included on the CD version even stranger!!

That's what you want though!

Did you ever buy Rush Through Time? That's a cool compilation with an unusual track listing.

I remember it ... but I had all the albums to date at that time so didn't buy it. It would have made a great starting point for someone you wanted to show off Rush to for the first time.

I got it anyway and I listened to it. It got me more into songs like Best I Can and Making Memories and the Twilight Zone.

• Like 1

shit compilation tbh

I like it, it has Fly By Night, Circumstances, Twilight Zone and the Necromancer. Not the usual run of the mill choices.

Just looked at the track listing of this..... very strange indeed ...... with The Necromancer included on the CD version even stranger!!

Did you ever buy Rush Through Time? That's a cool compilation with an unusual track listing.

They should release a one song album which compiles every first note of every Rush song ever made. Limited release it on vinyl. Colored, black, gold, whatever. Some would buy it because collectors are collectors.

There are some folks called "completists" who will buy anything they can find that a particular band puts out. They usually have multiple copies of everything.

I was married first time round in 1981 so any such extravagant notions for me went straight out the window!!
  • Like 1

shit compilation tbh

I remember it ... but I had all the albums to date at that time so didn't buy it. It would have made a great starting point for someone you wanted to show off Rush to for the first time.

I got it anyway and I listened to it. It got me more into songs like Best I Can and Making Memories and the Twilight Zone.

I think there was a picture disk of it as well Edited by zepphead

shit compilation tbh

They should release a one song album which compiles every first note of every Rush song ever made. Limited release it on vinyl. Colored, black, gold, whatever. Some would buy it because collectors are collectors.

There are some folks called "completists" who will buy anything they can find that a particular band puts out. They usually have multiple copies of everything.

Yeah, a.k.a. - suckers.

They could write down every Rush song title on tiny pieces of paper, tack them all onto a dart board, then blindly throw (say) ten darts at the board. What the ten darts hit would be the ten song compilation for a new album. Again, released on vinyl black, colored, gold, whatever.

Call it "Rush: Darts".

It'll sell.

Stupid?

Yes, it is.

Very stupid. But it'll sell.

I like that idea, reminds me of loading up the 5 disc carousel and hitting random

I remember reading on the TAKRL page that coloured vinyl used to have the added benefit of virgin vinyl being used, as black wax often used recycled old records, but that may just have been for bootleg operations

• Like 1