28 members have voted

1. 1. band

2. 2. signature album

• The Color And The Shape
    • Siamese Dream
  3. 3. other signature album

• There Is Nothing Left To Lose
    • Mellen Collie and the Infinite Sadness

Labels in general suck these days. So many bands dip in and out of certain styles. It can make the discussions both interesting and frustrating at the same time.

Totally! For goodness sakes a ton of modern rappers do more singing than rapping! Now I understand there’s a certain rap cadence to the singing, but I think it’s a good example of how the words we use to describe music have really started fraying at the seems. Is Hotline Bling a rap song? Is Imagine Dragons a rock band? Is Dream Theater really progressive? It’s all gotten very confusing.

• Like 1

siamese dream is basically the alternative version of the first boston LP. think about it. the vibe, the layered production, chamberlain's arena rock drums, the huge guitar sound
  • Like 2

siamese dream is basically the alternative version of the first boston LP. think about it. the vibe, the layered production, chamberlain's arena rock drums, the huge guitar sound

Holy cow that is such a sick take!!! Dude, I have go-to albums every time I’m on a plane because I love to feel the rush of a great opener coinciding with the rush of takeoff, than have the soaring music go along with the flight. Siamese Dream and Boston are literally my top 2 go-tos for this! Cherub Rock for day time takeoffs (which settles into Quiet with it’s ever rising riff right as I sit back in my seat and feel the plane climb higher and higher) and More Than A Feeling for early early morning while it’s still dark out (those riffs hit at just the right time every time, and Peace Of Mind just keeps the energy going, and on my first ever flight I was listening to it just like that and I saw the first ray of sun peek through one of the cabin windows right in the middle of Foreplay/Longtime when the organ gets really somber and solo for a second before the rest of the band breaks into Long Time with that wailing guitar lead!!) Epic!!

• Like 2

I'd also agree with this. Siamese Dream was hugely impactful on guitarists at the time (me being one of them). Legendary tone.

• Like 1

I'd also agree with this. Siamese Dream was hugely impactful on guitarists at the time (me being one of them). Legendary tone.

Totally agree about the tone! Nothing else like it, not even on Mellon Collie!