Zero Birthdays today, hence... Happy Birthday, Nobody!

greyfriar

It's fascinating how Leap Day affects our calendar and culture.

If we eliminate Leap Days, the equinoxes and solstices would move a day forward on our calendar every four years. Our calendar would become meaningless!

In 100 years, the 1st day of Spring would be around April 12th, Summer - July 13th, Autumn - October 16th, Winter - January 14th.

In 200 years, the 1st day of Spring would be around May 6th, Summer - August 6th, Autumn - November 9th, Winter - February 7th.

Edited by Principled Man

Something odd...

At my school we have twins that were born 20 minutes apart. One was born late on Feb 28, the other early March 1. Every four years they are twins with birthdays two days apart. :P

• Like 2

Something odd...

At my school we have twins that were born 20 minutes apart. One was born late on Feb 28, the other early March 1. Every four years they are twins with birthdays two days apart. :P

:LOL:

That is funny!

• Like 2

Something odd...

That is funny!

But what if their mother was giving birth on a ship at sea and crossing the International Date Line at that very moment...??

:huh: :LOL: :lol:

• Like 1

Something odd...

That is funny!

But what if their mother was giving birth on a ship at sea and crossing the International Date Line at that very moment...??

:huh: :LOL: :lol:

:wacko: