KK's Priest - The new Priest is launched!

treeduck

So groups in the UK don't go through that whole thing of who owns the name, with the first owner alleging that the second user of it is stealing all their fans and their income? Or have they worked something out, kind of like how Yes split into two for awhile?

Well it's not the actual full name. The name that will be protected with be the Judas Priest name with the two words together and all the logos they have. The word priest could be used anywhere and there's not a lot that can be done to block it.

And why should they even try? It's cheap promotion for both bands cause everybody in the business talks about them.

He should have called it KK Downing's Run of the Steel Mill!

And if it goes wrong KK Downing on Caviar and Meths...or just meths!

Lol. Every other name is better than KK's Priest!

What about KK and The Rage, KK's Metal Gods, KK's Invaders, KK's Green Manalishi's, KK's K's...

How about KK'S TURBOLOVERBLOWUPDOLLKISSMEARSEHOLEFOOLS

There is only one Judas Priest. THE REAL METAL GOD!!!!!!!! ROB FUKKING HALFORD!!!!!!!!! THE GREATEST SINGER OF ALL TIME!!!!! SORRY MR. MERCURY!

You'll buy both Earl. Especially the Japanese editions!

Hahaha! Earl The Whore! With bonus track and a pin. LOL

KK may now have ruined Priest's 50th anniversary guest appearances, because he's got all the guests in his band. All there is out there now is Al Atkins.

• Like 1

So groups in the UK don't go through that whole thing of who owns the name, with the first owner alleging that the second user of it is stealing all their fans and their income? Or have they worked something out, kind of like how Yes split into two for awhile?

Well it's not the actual full name. The name that will be protected with be the Judas Priest name with the two words together and all the logos they have. The word priest could be used anywhere and there's not a lot that can be done to block it.

And why should they even try? It's cheap promotion for both bands cause everybody in the business talks about them.

What about KK and The Rage, KK's Metal Gods, KK's Invaders, KK's Green Manalishi's, KK's K's...

There is only one Judas Priest. THE REAL METAL GOD!!!!!!!! ROB FUKKING HALFORD!!!!!!!!! THE GREATEST SINGER OF ALL TIME!!!!! SORRY MR. MERCURY!

KK may now have ruined Priest's 50th anniversary guest appearances, because he's got all the guests in his band. All there is out there now is Al Atkins.

Yeah your right Pat. No guest appearances now but dude, I don't care. I will always support THE MIGHTY PRIEST!!!!

I'm happy some Rush Forum Members are happy that they can see the KK Thing in small tiny venues. Enjoy.

I will wait for PRIEST at the Warfield again!!!!

• Like 1

Yeah your right Pat. No guest appearances now but dude, I don't care. I will always support THE MIGHTY PRIEST!!!!

I'm happy some Rush Forum Members are happy that they can see the KK Thing in small tiny venues. Enjoy.

It doesn't have to be either or Earl, it can be both. I'll be getting the new Priest album and the KK's Priest album.

I'll pass. KK is a bitter selfish asshole who retired from the band before they were to embark on a huge world tour. Then he gets all pissy when they don't ask him to return after Glen couldn't tour anymore. f**k off KK, you're the one who bailed on the band first and then just expected them to ask you back. Then when they don't, he retaliates with childish shit like this new project.

As for Ripper, the only time he was ever great was when Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth) was writing the songs for him. Ripper is a tribute act hack otherwise.

• Like 1

It doesn't have to be either or Earl, it can be both. I'll be getting the new Priest album and the KK's Priest album.

I know Pat it can be both. I assume if my buddy wants to see KK's band in San Francisco some month I would go. Otherwise, no thanks Pat. It's PRIEST for me.

• Like 1

I'll pass. KK is a bitter selfish asshole who retired from the band before they were to embark on a huge world tour. Then he gets all pissy when they don't ask him to return after Glen couldn't tour anymore. f**k off KK, you're the one who bailed on the band first and then just expected them to ask you back. Then when they don't, he retaliates with childish shit like this new project.

As for Ripper, the only time he was ever great was when Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth) was writing the songs for him. Ripper is a tribute act hack otherwise.

Hahaha! BINGO! Love this post! "FUKK OFF KK!"

How about KK's Between the Hammer and the J2112YYZ?

• Like 1

So was KK not happy in Judas Priest for awhile? I thought he quit for health reasons, that he couldn’t hack touring anymore, or was having some other kind of personal problems.

In 2011 he said there many reasons why he left and hinted at problems with the rest of the band. A couple of years ago, after the announcement of Glenn Tipton's medical condition and retirement from touring, plus KK's book, on the eve of the Firepower tour, they got into a full scale slagging match with KK saying stuff like Tipton got to play most of the solos, and criticised the performances, and he suggested that Tipton didn't play on Firepower. I don't think Downing has been invited to play on Priest's 50th anniversary tour either so they don't seem on good terms at all.

Got it...I must have been confusing Glenn Tipton’s end to touring with KK.

Shame their relationships to each other went that sour though, after all that time as bandmates.

It's interesting that each band is kind of balanced out with one original member each, one who joined in the classic era, one who joined in the 90's and two guys were hired recently.

I get kind of irritated when people put down Priest (which I'm not saying you're doing) for only having one "original" member remaining. OK, TECHNICALLY that's true. But Rob was on the first album (which introduced Judas Priest to the world). Other than two (crap) albums in the middle, he's been the voice of the band for 50 years. Therefore, in my (and I imagine most people's eyes), he's essentially an original member. I doubt you'll find many ex-Priest fans complaining that they were never as good again after Al Atkins. ;)

As for this new KK project, the name really smacks of desperation. He must've made one last plea to get back into Priest (the band he claimed SUCKED at the time he left - other than him of course), been told no and then stole part of the name to get back at them. If you really believe there's "overwhelming demand" (LOL!) for your return, then go out as "KK's Steel Mill" or whatever rather than trying to piss on your former band (and their fans). Rob solo didn't call himself 'Halford's Priest'. I'm willing to give the new songs a chance because of the other musicians involved, but Mr. Downing continues to be a joke as far as I'm concerned.

Turbo Lover and Ram It Down???

What about Tipton's Real Rippers, with no original members and no Tipton even?

So was KK not happy in Judas Priest for awhile? I thought he quit for health reasons, that he couldn’t hack touring anymore, or was having some other kind of personal problems.

In 2011 he said there many reasons why he left and hinted at problems with the rest of the band. A couple of years ago, after the announcement of Glenn Tipton's medical condition and retirement from touring, plus KK's book, on the eve of the Firepower tour, they got into a full scale slagging match with KK saying stuff like Tipton got to play most of the solos, and criticised the performances, and he suggested that Tipton didn't play on Firepower. I don't think Downing has been invited to play on Priest's 50th anniversary tour either so they don't seem on good terms at all.

Shame their relationships to each other went that sour though, after all that time as bandmates.

It's interesting that each band is kind of balanced out with one original member each, one who joined in the classic era, one who joined in the 90's and two guys were hired recently.

I get kind of irritated when people put down Priest (which I'm not saying you're doing) for only having one "original" member remaining. OK, TECHNICALLY that's true. But Rob was on the first album (which introduced Judas Priest to the world). Other than two (crap) albums in the middle, he's been the voice of the band for 50 years. Therefore, in my (and I imagine most people's eyes), he's essentially an original member. I doubt you'll find many ex-Priest fans complaining that they were never as good again after Al Atkins. ;)

As for this new KK project, the name really smacks of desperation. He must've made one last plea to get back into Priest (the band he claimed SUCKED at the time he left - other than him of course), been told no and then stole part of the name to get back at them. If you really believe there's "overwhelming demand" (LOL!) for your return, then go out as "KK's Steel Mill" or whatever rather than trying to piss on your former band (and their fans). Rob solo didn't call himself 'Halford's Priest'. I'm willing to give the new songs a chance because of the other musicians involved, but Mr. Downing continues to be a joke as far as I'm concerned.

Ewwwwww

Yeah I've no argument with that regarding Halford's place as an original member, same with Tipton.

It's probably the worst name he could have come up with, it's like a joke name and I can come up with a million joke names that are better.

I didn't hear about Priest saying Downing sucked, I thought he retired and that was all it was?

No, he said that about Priest, not the other way around. In his book, he said that by the time he left, HE was the only one who was still performing well. Which is why it always struck me as odd that he would want back into a band with guys he claimed were no longer good. But then that's KK for ya. Spew crap out of his mouth now and think later.

Why not call the band "Stained Class" since that's the album the drummer is most fondly remembered for?

• Like 1

Ewwwwww

Or the Ian Hill Lookalike Band?

• Like 1

Ewwwwww

LOL!

I am sticking with HALFORD and Co!

• Like 1

Yeah I've no argument with that regarding Halford's place as an original member, same with Tipton.

It's probably the worst name he could have come up with, it's like a joke name and I can come up with a million joke names that are better.

I didn't hear about Priest saying Downing sucked, I thought he retired and that was all it was?

No, he said that about Priest, not the other way around. In his book, he said that by the time he left, HE was the only one who was still performing well. Which is why it always struck me as odd that he would want back into a band with guys he claimed were no longer good. But then that's KK for ya. Spew crap out of his mouth now and think later.

Why not call the band "Stained Class" since that's the album the drummer is most fondly remembered for?

Oh right yeah I read it wrong.

There's lots of song titles he could use and he should probably do what Ritchie Blackmore did with Rainbow and use his name so there's no doubt what you're getting for those who don't know. Like KK Downing's Starbreaker or KK Downing's Tyrant.

• Like 1

Ewwwwww

LOL!

I am sticking with HALFORD and Co!

Aye!

• Like 1

There's also You Got Another Priest Coming, KK Downing's Epitaph, KK's Freeloaders Burning, KK's Head is Gonna Roll, KK's Private Priest, KK Downing's Locked Out in the Cold, Robert Halford's Rim it Down, KK Downing's Jugs of Your Mater.
  • Like 1

There's also You Got Another Priest Coming, KK Downing's Epitaph, KK's Freeloaders Burning, KK's Head is Gonna Roll, KK's Private Priest, KK Downing's Locked Out in the Cold, Robert Halford's Rim it Down, KK Downing's Jugs of Your Mater.

KK and the Victims of Changes, KK's Waterpower, KK Downing and the Drowning, KK and the Moonshine Band...

• Like 3

KK and the Victims of Changes, KK's Waterpower, KK Downing and the Drowning, KK and the Moonshine Band...

Winner, winner! KK and the Moonshine band made me spit out my pie! :LOL: :lol:

• Like 2

Did anyone suggest "Stained Ass" for the name of the band yet?

Because it's obvious something is staining KK's ass with what he's trying to do here.

Are you confident that Downing can write good riffs and songs?

Since it has become very common to pre-release a song or two, I think we will find out soon.

• Like 2

Because it's obvious something is staining KK's ass with what he's trying to do here.

Since it has become very common to pre-release a song or two, I think we will find out soon.

Aye and it better be good!

• Like 1

Winner, winner! KK and the Moonshine band made me spit out my pie! :LOL: :lol:

:smoke: :joker:

• Like 2

Aye and it better be good!

If not, Downing is definitely drowning and he will never be seen again.

I just can't stop shaking my head about choosing that lame name. :facepalm:

• Like 1