Gotta disagree with you here Zepphead. Firepower is a top 5 Priest album for multiple people on this site and for good reason. For 34 years KK and Glenn were great together, and now for the past few years Richie and Glenn have been just as good together. And idk how it could be the Rob Halford band when Scott’s been the longest running Priest drummer ever and he’s every bit as great as either Les Binks or Dave Holland, and Ian Hill has always been there on bass, in fact Ian is the only member who’s been in every incarnation!

Just my opinion .... Hill has always been there yes, but does he do the talking? ... no .... always uncle Rob has the say so with Priest .... i think he pulls the strings now.

Don't disagree that Firepower is a good album, but in my eyes Priest's best days are well behind them.

Which 45 year old band's best days are not behind them?

And just because a band isn't in their heyday anymore doesn't mean that a good album isn't a good album. A lot of people listen to bands without using their ears, they use their ideas of the band to listen to them with instead.

• Like 2

No KK no priest.

Have you heard Redeemer Of Souls or Firepower? Don't forget KK screwed the band over and left them hanging when he decided to retire after the band had announced a big world tour.

Yep, they are way better off without him. KK is lucky that Rob and Glenn came along or else nobody would know who he is today. I just wish we could've heard Richie alongside peak Glenn.

• Like 1

I surrender ..... I will leave you to enjoy the rejuvenated Priest with new guitarist Ritchie Faulkner who, by the sound of things, is metal god,

guitar hero and rock messiah all rolled into one lol! Donno why they bothered with old KK!

No KK no priest.

You can still buy the new KK's Priest album featuring Les Binks and Ripper Owens.

Indeed! .... but will just be another decent metal album .... not bad but nothing special ..... just like Priest.

Gotta disagree with you here Zepphead. Firepower is a top 5 Priest album for multiple people on this site and for good reason. For 34 years KK and Glenn were great together, and now for the past few years Richie and Glenn have been just as good together. And idk how it could be the Rob Halford band when Scott’s been the longest running Priest drummer ever and he’s every bit as great as either Les Binks or Dave Holland, and Ian Hill has always been there on bass, in fact Ian is the only member who’s been in every incarnation!

Just my opinion .... Hill has always been there yes, but does he do the talking? ... no .... always uncle Rob has the say so with Priest .... i think he pulls the strings now.

Don't disagree that Firepower is a good album, but in my eyes Priest's best days are well behind them.

And just because a band isn't in their heyday anymore doesn't mean that a good album isn't a good album. A lot of people listen to bands without using their ears, they use their ideas of the band to listen to them with instead.

Or maybe they do listen and just hear a decent album by a band who used to be Gods but are now merely mortals.

Or maybe they do listen and just hear a decent album by a band who used to be Gods but are now merely mortals.

Well you don't have to bother, buy the new Myles Kennedy album instead.

• Like 1

No KK no priest.

You can still buy the new KK's Priest album featuring Les Binks and Ripper Owens.

Indeed! .... but will just be another decent metal album .... not bad but nothing special ..... just like Priest.

How many classic albums by 70's and 80's band are released nowadays? Maybe you should retire from your stereo and sit by the fire in your slippers, maybe this isn't for you anymore.

• Like 1

I shall give it a whirl!

I shall give it a whirl!

Or the new Vader!

• Like 1

No KK no priest.

How many classic albums by 70's and 80's band are released nowadays? Maybe you should retire from your stereo and sit by the fire in your slippers, maybe this isn't for you anymore.

I'll be listening to my Stereo until I shuffle off this mortal coil and if anyone were to suggest otherwise i would be telling them to swivel on it lol!
  • Like 1

If Jugulator and Demolition are canon, so are Redeemer of Souls and Firepower.

Indeed these may well all be canon ........ but Sad Wings Of Destiny, Sin After Sin, Stained Class, Killing Machine and British Steel are all feckin' intercontinental missiles!!!
  • Like 2

I shall give it a whirl!

Or the new Vader!

Vader I am not familiar with

I shall give it a whirl!

Or the new Vader!

They're an old school death metal band from Poland with killer riffs.

• Like 1

Indeed these may well all be canon ........ but Sad Wings Of Destiny, Sin After Sin, Stained Class, Killing Machine and British Steel are all feckin' intercontinental missiles!!!

Do you like Rocka Rolla?

• Like 1

I shall give it a whirl!

Or the new Vader!

I shall investigate!

Do you like Rocka Rolla?

It's ok but i thought it sounded like a band just finding their feet. Album number two however was an entirely different ball game.

Do you like Rocka Rolla?

It's ok but i thought it sounded like a band just finding their feet. Album number two however was an entirely different ball game.

What about this classic then? They even created Alex Lifeson's Caress of Steel guitar ideas and sound for him here.

• Like 2

I shall give it a whirl!

Or the new Vader!

I shall investigate!

When I say old school they originate from the 90's and have as much heavy metal and thrash metal as death metal. You could just describe them as HEAVY metal!

• Like 1

Do you like Rocka Rolla?

What about this classic then? They even created Alex Lifeson's Caress of Steel guitar ideas and sound for him here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64IJJW0Iy8Y

Ah! memories!!

Do you like Rocka Rolla?

Ah! memories!!

Aye!

• Like 1

Do you like Rocka Rolla?

Ah! memories!!

Aye!

i'm away now to talk to the accountants of turf about tomorrow's potential short term, high risk investments.

Do you like Rocka Rolla?

Ah! memories!!

Aye!

i'm away now to talk to the accountants of turf about tomorrow's potential short term, high risk investments.

That sounds like Greek to me!

• Like 1