I'm going to interview Hugh Syme!

Rod in Toronto

Neat interview, he has a goldmine of interesting background stories and details. I'd love to pick up one of those signed prints (if only they were slightly less pricey)

Though I guess that after 35 years I need to recognize that I'm looking at a razor blade and not a wing.

I can't find it again now, but didn't Hugh say that to him it was just an interesting shape/texture to put there? And that only the 'cocaine' critic called it a razor blade?

(Edit - Found it, around 8:00 in - he says a lot of people think they are rusting razor blades, and the one critic made the accusation about cocaine - but he just considers them "texture and elements, not specific")

I have always been curious about the rest of that cover though (especially the weird eye, teeth, bones, bald dude, ..)

Edited by LeChuck
  • Like 1

Neat interview, he has a goldmine of interesting background stories and details. I'd love to pick up one of those signed prints (if only they were slightly less pricey)

Though I guess that after 35 years I need to recognize that I'm looking at a razor blade and not a wing.

I can't find it again now, but didn't Hugh say that to him it was just an interesting shape/texture to put there? And that only the 'cocaine' critic called it a razor blade?

(Edit - Found it, around 8:00 in - he says a lot of people think they are rusting razor blades, and the one critic made the accusation about cocaine - but he just considers them "texture and elements, not specific")

I have always been curious about the rest of that cover though (especially the weird eye, teeth, bones, bald dude, ..)

In my head cannon, the bald dude is Starman watching that wing crash into the ocean.

Well, texture and elements, razor blades, or whatever... it's still not a wing that was blown out of flight. Oh well.

• Like 1

A lot of his comments are in the book. Not much from the early years (which is completely opposite from Wandering The Face of the Earth which skews heavy on the early years because that's when most of the gigs happened.) Seems like all of the cool alternate art comes later.

The Art Of Rush layout is very well done.(Only thing that didn't thrill me about it is the final pages of celebrities' comments toasting the band. Never really been a fan of that stuff.

• Like 1

The most refreshing thread in this section since 2015!!!! This section is sooooooooooo boring. RED SECTOR Annoying. LOL!

Rush Fans have to type about Victor and My Favorite Pain In The Ass.

What a joke.

Thank you Rod!

I LOVE YOU MAN!!

You are the REAL DEAL!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PASSION AND INTELLECT!!!!

YOU ROCK!!

RUSH ON!!!

HUGH RULES!!!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 2